POS System Recommendations

Songman

Registered
Hello All:

Getting closer to the pool room. What are the best options for keeping time of the table usage? Is there a decent POS system (not a pos as we know it...lol) that can handle food/beer sales and table time, and/or is there a simple method to track each separately? What's the industry standard for a small room of less than 12 tables?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just about any modern POS system can be configured for anything. I think the UI is the most important element as your employees will need to understand it. Just make sure any retail field has an arbitrary input field that will be below the highest configured default value, that way if your hourly rate is say $8/hour, then if someone manually puts in the value they can't accidentally put in $800/hour. This really is a concern. I still think that most POS systems I see in bars that charge hourly whatever do it wrong. I believe you should have your base multiplier the cash value and the only editable field should be time (say hours divided into tenths with a maximum of 240.0 units).

Anyways, you could always pay someone to make it. ~8k should cover it. The bonus is no license and you can use any monitor and CPU/Computer you want (although I'd make sure it is ARM and x86 compatible, HTML/JS might be the way to go... this is simple). If you're really in doubt, just contact a merchant (but beware of their license fees on this, as stated, this is simple low volume... you _DON'T_ want a "site" license).

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
I recommend...

I recommend "Pool House Manager Pro". I've used it for 12 years now and even upgraded to the new version and I love it! It does EVERYTHING!

Best part is that it's a reasonable price AND the owner of the software answers your call directly and will help you along the way. He's very kind and helpful. I even forced him to take more money one time when my PC crashed and I lost everything. He gave me a free download 9 years after the purchase! He remembered me and insisted on giving it to me. I refused the very generous offer and insisted I gave him something for it since it had been so long. After that I wound up upgrading to the latest and greatest version for a couple hundred more as well. Ha! I showed him! LOL:grin-square:

billiardmanager

Hello All:

Getting closer to the pool room. What are the best options for keeping time of the table usage? Is there a decent POS system (not a pos as we know it...lol) that can handle food/beer sales and table time, and/or is there a simple method to track each separately? What's the industry standard for a small room of less than 12 tables?
For complete pool hall control I have developed software and light control unit. write me if interested

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recommend...

I recommend "Pool House Manager Pro". I've used it for 12 years now and even upgraded to the new version and I love it! It does EVERYTHING!

Best part is that it's a reasonable price AND the owner of the software answers your call directly and will help you along the way. He's very kind and helpful. I even forced him to take more money one time when my PC crashed and I lost everything. He gave me a free download 9 years after the purchase! He remembered me and insisted on giving it to me. I refused the very generous offer and insisted I gave him something for it since it had been so long. After that I wound up upgrading to the latest and greatest version for a couple hundred more as well. Ha! I showed him! LOL:grin-square:
Cannot agreed more.
Simple system, yet covers it all.