Hard to believe but I just watched the worst pool movie ever

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Do not Blaspheme Pool Hall Junkies!!!
Yup I own it. I've watched the cast commentary version too!
I love it.
Just one of those things.:D
Walken and Chas were great too.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
9 Ball: The Movie is included with Amazon Prime so I took the bait Sunday. Holy hell. I had to take three breaks watching an hour and 23 minute movie because it was that cringeworthy.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
9 Ball: The Movie is included with Amazon Prime so I took the bait Sunday. Holy hell. I had to take three breaks watching an hour and 23 minute movie because it was that cringeworthy.

You have a strong stomach sir :thumbup:

OneArmBandit

Registered
For the record, I really liked Rod Steiger in his last role as the pool hall owner in Poolhall Junkies.

I recall a couple scenes, him putting something in his mouth then pulling it out and tossing it... made me laugh. Also him 'dramatically' putting on a ball cap to make a point, It didn't open quite right, but in real life, you would have ignored it or tossed it.

Of course can't beat, "...lets go outside and get some smog" or something to that effect by Walken.

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Years ago I had very nice collection of pool movies. I like Johnny Cash, so I liked The Baron and the Kid.

I had a few decent movies and a very rare one titled "Chalk". It's a low budget and very dark movie. There was also The Baltimore Bullet, and one with Whoopi Goldberg, and a few more.

None have surpassed The Hustler as the best of all time.
I recently came across my copy of Chalk on VHS. Doesn't matter that I don't have a VHS player, because I probably wouldn't watch it again.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People actually spent time and money to make this "film!" That's what always amazes me. There is one film that is so bad that it has a cult following. I wish I could remember the name right now. Made by some eccentric character from San Francisco. No one knew much about the guy but he kept writing checks that didn't bounce so they acted out his fantasy for him.

Was it "The Room"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJfULHJ7U78

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is by far not the worst, but its not at the top either....

Shooting Gallery

1322Shooting_Gallery.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcyESnmVwco

The epic tale of an ambidextrous pool player named Jericho, vowing revenge for his murdered brother. He runs into the likes of players such as the chicken foot sucking 'Cue Ball Carl', and 'Tenderloin Tony' while hanging out with a hot girl named Jezebel.

Come on, its free. :thumbup:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Watching movies, even ones that are of marginal quality, is a good idea right now to help pass the time. I DVR a movie a day for viewing the next day. I just recorded "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" which is not just a great film, but also Spencer Tracy's last film.

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
Well I finally saw a pool movie worse than "Pool Hall Junkies". Found an old one from 1984 starring Johnny Cash. He should have stuck to singing. This was a truly cringe worthy movie. "The Baron and the Kid". I would however do anything to buy the pool room he was looking to buy. If I could describe what I would like to have in a pool room, that would be it.

What do "Pool Hall Junkies" and "The Baron and The Kid" have in common? Mike Massey appeared in both of them. I think these were the only two that he appeared in.

Bob

The winner for worst pool movie is:

"Virgin Pockets" 2007

check it out at IMDB

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is by far not the worst, but its not at the top either....

Shooting Gallery

1322Shooting_Gallery.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcyESnmVwco

The epic tale of an ambidextrous pool player named Jericho, vowing revenge for his murdered brother. He runs into the likes of players such as the chicken foot sucking 'Cue Ball Carl', and 'Tenderloin Tony' while hanging out with a hot girl named Jezebel.

Come on, its free. :thumbup:

I watched this last night because of your recommendation.

I enjoyed it.

Really not a bad movie at all.