Live interview of Emily Frazer from the Cue It Up podcast's Neight Mindham.

cueituppodcast

Registered
I hope nobody has any plans for Friday yet!! This is going to be a must watch LIVE Facebook interview with the one and only Emily Frazer, the COO of Matchroom Multisport.

First ~30 minutes will be an interview and the second half of the interview will be fans questions for Emily, Neight, or both!!

Set a reminder, bookmark your calendar, give this post a share, and tell all of the people you are social distancing from to leave you alone so you can tune in!

Live interview starts at 4 pm eastern and can be found here https://www.facebook.com/CueItUpPodcast/live/

Attachments

• 91403727_1813901565400990_5125674826438017024_n (1).jpg
    91403727_1813901565400990_5125674826438017024_n (1).jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 462

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very bump worthy! How cool is this! She is an asset to pool around the world! :smiling-heart:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kicking off shortly. If you're available now's a good chance to find out the future of our sport and ask any questions on your mind!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m still sulking about the ball colors...

7CC374EB-8BCE-49E4-A64A-2E36BC20C26D.jpeg

Even a house pet knows what color a four-ball should be

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I don't think Matchroom is a major question mark in pool's future. Matchroom has already demonstrated its commitment to growing the game for pros and fans alike worldwide and has developed and refined its exceptional productions. While Matchroom's pool business is undeniably on pause, we can safely say that as long as their business model remains sustainable, they'll stay the course.

The variable to which we must pay attention is the demand for their product, something that will be tied more to the appetite of players to continue competing and the appetite of fans to continue watching. Matchroom has only limited control over these variables, which will be driven, to some extent, by the moods and finances of those that partake in pool at all levels.

I think Matchroom's fanbase, which is mostly a television and/or stream audience, will be just as loyal when the clouds of Corona clear. Hence, as long as those who compete in Matchroom events don't disappear, the business model they already have in place should prove a long-term winner.

Inside and outside pool, the enterprises that have proven their business models to be well-grounded will thrive in the post-Corona world.

As for homegrown American pool events, I think the greater dangers lie in less profitable event producers and organizers, who may struggle to keep their financial livelihoods in proper order.

Don't bet against Matchroom! They're the best.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think Matchroom is a major question mark in pool's future. Matchroom has already demonstrated its commitment to growing the game for pros and fans alike worldwide and has developed and refined its exceptional productions. While Matchroom's pool business is undeniably on pause, we can safely say that as long as their business model remains sustainable, they'll stay the course.

The variable to which we must pay attention is the demand for their product, something that will be tied more to the appetite of players to continue competing and the appetite of fans to continue watching. Matchroom has only limited control over these variables, which will be driven, to some extent, by the moods and finances of those that partake in pool at all levels.

I think Matchroom's fanbase, which is mostly a television and/or stream audience, will be just as loyal when the clouds of Corona clear. Hence, as long as those who compete in Matchroom events don't disappear, the business model they already have in place should prove a long-term winner.

Inside and outside pool, the enterprises that have proven their business models to be well-grounded will thrive in the post-Corona world.

As for homegrown American pool events, I think the greater dangers lie in less profitable event producers and organizers, who may struggle to keep their financial livelihoods in proper order.

Don't bet against Matchroom! They're the best.

Well said Stu. I will only add that Matchroom's fan base extends to their live audiences. They continue to fill the seats at all their events, charging premium prices. The MC continues to look for larger and larger venues each year to accommodate all the spectators. This year they will be using the Alexandria Palace in London, an arena that seats close to 2,000 people!