Cyclop Balls in pool halls

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I found that Cyclop tend to crack in a commercial environment. I own a 14 table pool hall with Cyclops provided by Diamond. Seven of the 1-Balls and one 2-Ball developed cracks and a chip came off of one of those. I’ve been waiting 3 months for replacements. On a positive note they still look new after 3 1/2 years ... except for the cracks.

What’s your experience?

Update: Diamond replaced all fourteen 1-balls and the 2-ball.

Last edited:

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
I found that Cyclop tend to crack in a commercial environment. I own a 14 table pool hall with Cyclops provided by Diamond. Seven of the 1-Balls and one 2-Ball developed cracks and a chip came off of one of those. I’ve been waiting 3 months for replacements. On a positive note they still look new after 3 1/2 years ... except for the cracks.

What’s your experience?

Update: Diamond replaced all fourteen 1-balls and the 2-ball.

Nice. The Room down the street from me just got all new Diamonds and the vendor gave them Cyclops Balls. Two balls have split in half. Both have been replaced. Less than a year in use. Glad they guarantee them but still a bit delicate for a commercial environment. Still use Aramiths Premiers in my place and some Centennials.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Cyclop still sux

After replacing cracked Cyclop for the last year Diamond said Cyclop no longer supplies the type I’ve had for five years. I had no spare balls. Diamond’s solution ... they would sell me 14 sets Cyclop Hyperion. I bought 14 sets of Aramith Premier from Cue and Case. End of problem.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. The Room down the street from me just got all new Diamonds and the vendor gave them Cyclops Balls. Two balls have split in half. Both have been replaced. Less than a year in use. Glad they guarantee them but still a bit delicate for a commercial environment. Still use Aramiths Premiers in my place and some Centennials.

The pool hall I go to has Centennial and Aramith, some are the tournament edition. I like my own personal set because the balls seem to get mismatched at the room. I almost ordered the Hyperion because they have them at Griffs but I know of several of the other Cyclop ball cracking I just wasn’t sure about them. I think I might wait till Predator comes out with the Arcos2.

I always like coming to your room when in town.

Jim

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool hall I go to has Centennial and Aramith, some are the tournament edition. I like my own personal set because the balls seem to get mismatched at the room. I almost ordered the Hyperion because they have them at Griffs but I know of several of the other Cyclop ball cracking I just wasn’t sure about them. I think I might wait till Predator comes out with the Arcos2.

I always like coming to your room when in town.

Jim
Current Cyclop balls are fine. They had some issues early on. The Arcos2 balls are made by same co. that makes Cyclop. I liked the way they looked at the World 10b in Vegas.