Hard to believe but I just watched the worst pool movie ever

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I finally saw a pool movie worse than "Pool Hall Junkies". Found an old one from 1984 starring Johnny Cash. He should have stuck to singing. This was a truly cringe worthy movie. "The Baron and the Kid". I would however do anything to buy the pool room he was looking to buy. If I could describe what I would like to have in a pool room, that would be it.

What do "Pool Hall Junkies" and "The Baron and The Kid" have in common? Mike Massey appeared in both of them. I think these were the only two that he appeared in.

Bob

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Well I finally saw a pool movie worse than "Pool Hall Junkies". Found an old one from 1984 starring Johnny Cash. He should have stuck to singing. This was a truly cringe worthy movie. "The Baron and the Kid". I would however do anything to buy the pool room he was looking to buy. If I could describe what I would like to have in a pool room, that would be it.

What do "Pool Hall Junkies" and "The Baron and The Kid" have in common? Mike Massey appeared in both of them. I think these were the only two that he appeared in.

Bob

I didn't take Junkies all that serious. I didn't think it was all that bad. The Baron I haven't seen.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those two are nowhere near the worst pool movies.

Check out 9 ball. Tell me it doesnt feel like a 1990s Cinemax titty movie. :thumbup:

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baron and the Kid is pretty bad. The Baltimore Bullet is also pretty bad (though BATK is worse).

The only good pool stuff I have seen besides The Hustler and TCOM is:

-The John Candy hustler parody clip
-The Seinfed pool scene
-The Twilight Zone episode with Jack Klugman
-The outtake scene from Groundhog Day

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Y’all must have miss virgin pockets. Swear to god its a pool movie! Puts 9 ball the movie to shame as worst pool movie ever. But I’d have to say Turn the River is pretty good story with some pool in it.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Baron and the Kid is pretty bad. The Baltimore Bullet is also pretty bad (though BATK is worse).

-The Seinfed pool scene

A couple of The Honeymooners episodes are worth mentioning:
The Bensonhurst Bomber and Opportunity Knocks But

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Stickmen

I thought Stickmen (Australian?) was actually a pretty entertaining film about a Bar table tournament-

-dj

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
You mentioned the Twilight Zone.

I saw the Twilight Series at the movies. They played Softball. I always thought that was a great movie that could of used a Pool Playing scene in it.

Big Clash between the highest level of Vampires.

-The Seinfed pool scene

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really liked baron and the kid.

“Ya ol pocket splitter!”

“There are some things you don’t put on the light.”

And it’s the only pool film you will find that is about
One thing from the opening scene to the end scene-
Pool.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
With respect if it didn't have Whoopi Goldberg in it it wasn't the absolute worst Pooh movie ever. :eek:

Mercifully, I forgot the name

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
poolhall junkies wasn't so bad. it wasn't meant to be taken to serious, at least mars Callahan was a legitimate pool player and they had some decent shots, was it an academy award contender, no, did it have some cringey moments? sure, did it have Christopher Walken? yes, yes it did.