Billiard collectibles

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the case of books, http://used.addall.com can give some idea of the value. It looks at a bunch of different book-selling sites. The results for pre-1930 books are somewhat polluted by the many modern reprints, some of which are good but most of which are lousy. (For example, they may give you just the text without diagrams and the text has many, many typos.)

There are many sellers who either have no clue or are trying to steal. One seller on Ebay routinely offers items at ten times the price you would pay for a similar or nicer copy on Amazon. Sometimes he slips up and is low on his price.

Some billiard books don't have a "market" in that no one is offering them for sale right now and Ebay has one only every two or three years. An example of this is the book by Andrew Ponzi that has a price somewhere between $400 and $2000. That's the sort of book you hope you find at the used book store. I bought a small 1910 pamphlet for $10 that typically goes for $100 -- that was my best find. In case anyone wants the Ponzi book, I have one for sale.

I almost never look any more , but when I have, I notice there are a lot of sellers who never mention that their books or posters or pictures are reprints.
Not sure what the legality of that is.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the pictures and info everyone....good stuff.

15 ball butane lighter that still works. Push in the circle around the number 15 and shazam...fire.

Attachments

• IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 436

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
WOW this thread is still alive.....and I am running out of treasures.

Here is my mini reproduction Brunswick cue rack and mini cues. I left a cube of Magic chalk on the rack for scale.

Attachments

• IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 364

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Movie theater manager in town gave me this when the movie was playing here. Never seen another on come up for sale or online. 2 pieces, cardboard, size of normal triangle.

Attachments

• color1a.jpg
    color1a.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 655

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Movie theater manager in town gave me this when the movie was playing here. Never seen another on come up for sale or online. 2 pieces, cardboard, size of normal triangle.

This advertisement is rare, I too have never seen another.

Bought these years ago from a Billiard Library in California

View attachment 522714

Your books look to be in great shape. I have many billiard books but none are old or rare.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
C39C4236-6186-4AD6-8287-E9567FE8909A.jpeg

From the old Camel Tour

BTW....I need a five letter word for “celebrated chef Ducasse”

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got these a few years back.

When I show them to fellow pool players they all reverently ask, "Why would anyone ever sell those?"

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 463

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When Efren first showed up in America, they said he was playing with a $4 cue...
...well, it was actually a good cue...just a plain Jane.
I got a cue made by the same cue maker...can’t recall his name.....
...it was given to me by Brigido Quinto, of who Efren said they all learned from...

25B5646D-2866-4BCD-9DE1-D7397280C5BB.jpeg

Still straight