Question for Pool Table Owners

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
How many Sets of Pool Balls have you purchased, and kept for use on your table?

I have 2 sets at the moment, and think it would seem strange to keep purchasing more sets. I have Aramith Premium, and Elephant brand "Beautiful Balls"

However, I understand that some people Collect Pool Balls, and that's cool too.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
One set of Aramith Super Pros and one set of Cyclop TV (skittles) balls plus a few random single solid color and novelty balls used in made up games.

To have any more would be ball collecting and I love seeing Rubik's Cube's collection but I need to stay well clear of that rabbit hole.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Aramith Super Pro, Brunswick Centennials and Cyclop skittles. I play the Cyclop because of their low maintenance and they play fine.

I also have a small collection of various vintage and oddities.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
just one for the pool table, the aramith crown, classic set

for the carom table a couple sets since they need to be cleaned more often and i get lazy when it comes to that

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 sets...but one is a very crappy set that came with an antique table I gave away years ago.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
4 sets. Currently using and staying with Centennials. One quality set is all that is needed. Just tried different sets for fun.

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
I have a set of 13 year old Centennials, with a blue circle ball, a brand new set of Aramith Tournament Duramiths, with an Aramith logo cue ball, and a measle cue ball.

They're all good, but the Aramith Tournament set is terrific.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One set of Aramith balls that came with a red circle cue ball. I bought a measles cue ball seperately. More than enough for me.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith Duramith

Aramith Tournament Duramiths, with an Aramith logo cue ball, and a measle cue ball.

JC

Coos Cues
Used to have Aramith pro cups and Centennials.

Got a set of cyclop skittle balls.

Play just the same but don't need to be cleaned all the time.

Got rid of the Aramith and the Centennials and got two more sets of cyclop

TV balls with the pink 4 and the brown 7 and a regular colored set.

I clean them about once a month and rotate another set onto the table to keep life fresh.

JC

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like all the top tier cents and aramith ball just fine for rotation type games or any game where the balls can be replaced with out being a foul.

However, for 14.1, I like cyclop balls. Cents and Aramith balls start to play a little sticky around 6 or 7 racks into it and IMO, stand more chances of error. Sometimes even sooner depending on weather, room and table conditions.

I used to not think it made a difference until recently.

When someone matches or beats cyclop performance, I may switch.

Jeff

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I have a set that came with my table (a 1970's Dufferin Challenger), a set of Centennials that are in use typically, and a set of Aramith 2 1/4" snooker balls.
( And about 4 sets of 2 1/8" balls that have found their way to my basement over the years :embarrassed2: )

Dave

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a set of 13 year old Centennials, with a blue circle ball, a brand new set of Aramith Tournament Duramiths, with an Aramith logo cue ball, and a measle cue ball.

They're all good, but the Aramith Tournament set is terrific.
In my opinion you've got the 2 best sets available and I concur the Aramith Tournaments are my favorite, but (also in my opinion) get rid of the Aramith red logo cue ball and the Aramith black logo cue ball that comes with the Aramith Tournament set, and replace it with an Aramith red circle cue ball - then you'll have the 3 best cue balls available.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
How many Sets of Pool Balls have you purchased, and kept for use on your table?

I have 3, "playing", sets. I use quotes as 1 set is purely for practice and not play. It's a jumble of old and odd balls I use to work on stroke drills. For regular play, until my carpet is installed, I have a set of Aramith Snooker balls at 2.25", and a set of Aramith Super-Pro.

After the carpet is in, I will have a set of Aramith Tournament Pro-Cup (TV) and a set of Cyclop Tournament TV balls.

I have 2 other full sets as collectors, and a few odd training balls around along with extra cue balls.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I had super aramith and centennials for the longest time. At the expo last year I decided to buy a set of skittles cyclops balls used at derby city. I really like how they play and the look of them. I still always use a red circle cue ball.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the super pro and the tournament duramith the last few years. And a measles CB. The duramith are great, I should probably trade in the super pros for a cyclop skittles set or something just to change it up.