Your Favorite Wrapless Player

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
After always playing with a linen wrapped cue I did not think I would get used to a wrapless. However I have found at this point I can't see myself playing with a linen or leather wrapped cue as a daily player ever again. I love the feel and feedback of my wrapless Runde. I'm curious to know who may feel the same as I do and what they play with?

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
My playing cue currently has linen wrap on it and I am getting it upgraded to a leather wrap within a week. I want to change it over to leather because it looks nicer and is easier to maintain and I also like to feel of it. I have played with wrapless cue before and I have nothing against them at all and enjoy playing with them. I just prefer the wrap on my cue because I like the feel to it. The only time I think I would get a cue without a wrap on it is if it was a very expensive cue with a lot of inlays where the wrap would be.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
2 cues come to mind.A sneaky by Bob Frey,and a Bob Runde wrap less Brazillian Rosewood.Both great players and you can't beat a wrap less cue for feed back.I now play with a leather wrap,but I don't have any problem with wrap less.I do like the way leather or a nice linen wrap sometimes enhances the look of some cues,but a nice wood handle can be very handsome too.
Marc

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have a BBC PH conversion and a Tru Balance conversion.
Both play real good.

For a bar cue, I use a Pred sneaky.

I like either linen or wrapless. Makes no difference to me. It would be a hard choice. If I had a gun up to my head, I would probably say wrapless.

I like the look of linen but in the grand scheme probably like the feel of a non wrap.

I have a couple of Leon Sly sneakies that are super.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Is it out of the norm to like what seems to be the additional feedback of a wrapless cue compared to linen or leather. It would seem to me that linen and leather would insulate and not allow for as much. Personal opinions appreciated.

dbrown

Registered
played with a mucci airplane sence about 1985. when i first bought it I sent it to mullers had the clear coat cut of and put a fresh linen wrap with out the finish. I liked the feel of the linen, about four years ago I got a Hurricane wrap-less player and matching jump break. took some getting use to but I like the rap-less feel better. the hit is awesome off the cue

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After playing with Irish linen for years and years, Kevin Varney talked me into a wrap-less cue. I can now play with either one, I personally think the feedback is fine with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrap less

After always playing with a linen wrapped cue I did not think I would get used to a wrapless. However I have found at this point I can't see myself playing with a linen or leather wrapped cue as a daily player ever again. I love the feel and feedback of my wrapless Runde. I'm curious to know who may feel the same as I do and what they play with?

My main player today is my Murry Tucker full splice purple heart hoppe butt bumper less. The only cue I have ever owned that played lights out right away. No waiting to get the feel of a new cue. I sent him a fingernail so he could extract my DNA and make my cue just right for me!

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got several, but my Mezz EC7 is my favourite because of the Mezz/Exceed extension.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
A nicely done full splice Sneaky Pete is the best all around player you're going to get, IMO. They're great to customize. When I had my sneaky made, I picked such a nice wood combo, it would have been a shame to cover it with a wrap. I love the way the cue plays largely because it's wrapless. However, I think a nicely done wrap can enhance the playability of a cue in a large way also. For me it's wrapless right now. Probably until I feel a really nicely done leather wrap.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Is it out of the norm to like what seems to be the additional feedback of a wrapless cue compared to linen or leather. It would seem to me that linen and leather would insulate and not allow for as much. Personal opinions appreciated.

I feel like I get a better feedback from my wrapless players. I only play with a wrapless cue and I have two from Larry Vigus that are phenomenal. I love the look of wood instead of a wrap. Its a waste in my opinion. The cue just feels better in my hand without a wrap as well. I can also hold onto it better.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless Bob Thompson, I'm still okay with leather wrapped cues but really dislike linen wrapped ones now

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love wrapless cues but I like playing with Schons and one day I found a wrapless one and picked it up right away. I've had it forever and love it!

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
IMG_0022.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0021.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0020.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC01551.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My Predator SE 3 which I had Customized. Removed the Stainless Steel Joint and Uni-Loc Pin, Replaced with a composite material and a Brass Radial Pin. Weight Bolt removed weighs in at 17.01 oz. :thumbup:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Member,Jim Baxter, builds great looking and great playing wrapless
Cues and ... they are very reasonably priced. Check them out in W/FS forum.

I have a couple of his 60" wrapless cues and love them.

I also play with Wrapless Larry Vigas & Chuck Starkey Wood-Pin 60" Cues.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't stand linen wraps, do like leather wraps, but by far prefer wrapless. My favorite wrapless cue ( actually all time favorite cue out of any cue I've ever played with ) was a very old Timmy Scruggs true sneaky that I had won. I cracked the ferrule while playing a $1000 set. Only had one shaft and it still hit perfect so I continued using it. Right at the end of the set I hit a power shot and the shaft exploded. Put the butt away with intentions of having Timmy make me some new ones, didn't get around to it for awhile and end up losing track of what I had done with the butt. Oh well but I still miss that cue 20 years later :(. Currently my player is a wrapless Lucasi I picked up at a pawn shop for $20. Hits great and I love it but cant ever be like my old beat up Scruggs!

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Predator

Predator SP with 314-2 shaft - Uni Loc