Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page SJM Sold on Tyler Styer
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-26-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
In discussions concerning Tyler Styer's 2019 Moscon Cup candidacy, I've sometimes noted that I'd take a wait and see approach. I didn't feel that having been on a winning Mosconi team should have been enough to earn him a spot this year.

Now, however, I feel the case for Styer is very strong. At the two highest profile events this year in America, Tyler has played beautifully, and I feel that how one plays at the biggest events is the best indicator of how they will deal with the pressure of the Mosconi Cup.

US Open 9-ball Championship
Tyler's tied for 17th place finish in the scary strong 256 player field event was impressive, and included wins over Justin Bergman and the suddenly well known Masato Yoshioka. Among the American entrants, only SVB finished higher.

WPA World 10-ball Championship
Tyler finished tied for 5th and beat Gorst, Thorpe, Morra and Faraon along the way. He was the only American player to reach the quarterfinals.

Styer, in my view, should most definitely be a member of Team USA at the next Mosconi Cup. He continues to step up his game. Well played, Tyler.
You do remember when I said he has the talent and the work ethic to be a world class player and you agreed with me , he checks all the boxes even down to his Tom Brady like eating habits ,
He is not there yet but hes certainly heading in the right direction

Old
  (#17)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

07-26-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
You do remember when I said he has the talent and the work ethic to be a world class player and you agreed with me , he checks all the boxes even down to his Tom Brady like eating habits ,
He is not there yet but hes certainly heading in the right direction

I do remember that, but I'll freely admit that he's developed faster than I thought he would. Have met him on a few occasions. Quality guy for sure.

Old
  (#18)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-26-2019, 06:32 PM

Never a doubt.

Freddie <~~~ Tyler fan

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#19)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

07-26-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I do remember that, but I'll freely admit that he's developed faster than I thought he would. Have met him on a few occasions. Quality guy for sure.
I think a lot of his faster development is because of Johan , a lot of people dismissed the importance of a coach with the prima donna players that may have been the case but for the younger players willing to listen and learn the value IMHO can't be overlooked or overstated,
I think it's comical that American players have this notion if a coach can't play better than them they can't teach them anything, this kind of thinking is why we have fell far behind the Asians and Euros

Old
  (#20)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

07-26-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I think a lot of his faster development is because of Johan , a lot of people dismissed the importance of a coach with the prima donna players that may have been the case but for the younger players willing to listen and learn the value IMHO can't be overlooked or overstated,
I think it's comical that American players have this notion if a coach can't play better than them they can't teach them anything, this kind of thinking is why we have fell far behind the Asians and Euros
That's a very well reasoned post, my friend.

Old
  (#21)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member

07-26-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
That's a very well reasoned post, my friend.
Coming from you I consider that a complaint, thx

Old
  (#22)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

07-26-2019, 07:44 PM

Does anyone know his birth year for certain? This will be great if usa has another upcoming player.

Old
  (#23)
benny-the-blade
AzB Silver Member
benny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond repute

07-26-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Does anyone know his birth year for certain? This will be great if usa has another upcoming player.
Internet says he was born January 1, 1995. That means heís likely 80 years old.

(Nick van den Berg) is the most overrated player on the planet. Iíll bet against him until Iím bust. - iusedtoberich

Old
  (#24)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
It is absolutely true and correct that Johan has had a large impact on Tyler with training for his stroke.
It's a good bit different in Europe than it's taught here in the states. Probably why the Europeans have made such a quantum leap over the years.
But in addition to Johan, Tyler has given a great deal of credit to Stan Shuffett for teaching him a completely new way to aim and align. Johan knows about it and is in on board with complete agreement and it's continuation along with the stroke training.
What Stan has done is to get him away from aiming with the center of the cue ball and aiming with the edge of the cue ball.
It changed his entire alignment in a positive way. Tyler has had steady instruction over a 6 year span with Stan and gives plenty of credit on various social media. Stan did the same thing with Landon which was to get him away from center cue ball aiming and correctly moving into center cue ball always from the left or right for the strike.
He also taught Tyler how to move into his shots by sweeping which is what ALL of the pros do to include the Ko brothers, Chang, Fuller and the list goes on. Tyler recently posted on Facebook that every pro he knows sweeps into their shots.
Tyler learned it early on and what many never come to realize in a lifetime.

"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."

Old
  (#25)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers

09-20-2019, 02:24 PM

In this thread, started in July, I observed that Tyler Styer had, without question, shown the kind of form that merited a Mosconi Cup selection.

Now that he's reached the final of the Kremlin Cup, there's really nothing left to discuss. Tyler is coming into his own.

Old
  (#26)
Ty Arnold
AzB Silver Member
Ty Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond reputeTy Arnold has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 06:48 PM

He really has come a long way. I remember just 5 years ago watching him play at multiple tournaments at the Carom Room in Beloit and he was one of the weakest master rated players. He has put in a lot of work including Chinese 8 ball tournaments and has kept improving.

Old
  (#27)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 07:34 PM

5 years ago, wasn’t he travelling around with Larry Nevel?

Old
  (#28)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
In this thread, started in July, I observed that Tyler Styer had, without question, shown the kind of form that merited a Mosconi Cup selection.

Now that he's reached the final of the Kremlin Cup, there's really nothing left to discuss. Tyler is coming into his own.
Great thread. I think the 1-2 coaching punch of Johan and JJ will leave permanent marks on state of USA pool for the years to come. Skylar, Billy, Tyler all have really come into their own over the last two years. Itís great to watch.

Congratulations to Mr. Styer for the apparent hard work he put into his game.

I listened closely to his commentary during the Derby bank finals watching Billyóvery apparent that he knows all aspects of pool.

Tyler is ready.......
Old
  (#29)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Tyler is ready....... - 09-20-2019, 08:17 PM

In the life of most great pool players they reach a level that they know is really tough to beat. When they go to the match they know deep down that they should win. Tyler is there with a lot more to come. Once he reaches his peak it will be interesting to see how long he can stay at that level. He just need a little more time in the fire to really feel comfortable. He might already be there. it's going to be really fun to watch. Go gettem kid...ÖÖ..

Old
  (#30)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Great thread. I think the 1-2 coaching punch of Johan and JJ will leave permanent marks on state of USA pool for the years to come. Skylar, Billy, Tyler all have really come into their own over the last two years. Itís great to watch.

Congratulations to Mr. Styer for the apparent hard work he put into his game.

I listened closely to his commentary during the Derby bank finals watching Billyóvery apparent that he knows all aspects of pool.
You can add Stan Shuffet as one of Tyler's coaches. PRO-ONE Aiming!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: