9' table in 18' room

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Frank,

I like your plan to push the table toward the head rail, especially since you seem to prefer one pocket.

I think people generally over emphasize when a room is an inch or 2 short. I have had rooms a few inches short and also put deep thought into it prior to installing table. I was surprised how rarely it came up as you have to be dead frozen and shooting exactly perpendicular to the rail. In addition this is a home table so likely practice and friends and family playing.

I would never consider a smaller table over a couple inches.

IMO, Get the 9fter and post pics once installed!

Ian

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
As a kid played in a few small neighborhood rooms that were very narrow and required the use of the mini cues whenever the cue ball wound up close to the short wall...don't do it, it's just not worth (Wirth) it. :smile: Will upset and take a lot of fun out of your game.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Frank,

I like your plan to push the table toward the head rail, especially since you seem to prefer one pocket.

I think people generally over emphasize when a room is an inch or 2 short. I have had rooms a few inches short and also put deep thought into it prior to installing table. I was surprised how rarely it came up as you have to be dead frozen and shooting exactly perpendicular to the rail. In addition this is a home table so likely practice and friends and family playing.

Ian

I agree with Ian. My 9' table is in an 18'x18' "two" car garage. I have a very nice weighted/balanced short cue for the rare instances when it is needed. You'd be surprised how little it is needed, even when playing 1P.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Frank,

Ian

I agree with Ian. My 9' table is in an 18'x18' "two" car garage. I have a very nice weighted/balanced short cue for the rare instances when it is needed. You'd be surprised how little it is needed, even when playing 1P.

We’re on the same track. Plus I’m not exactly a world class champion. I can live with using a nice custom shorty.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I have a 9' table in an 18' room. Yes there are some shots that are problematic with a full length cue but in my house they don't come up all that often, and when they do I have a slightly shorter cue. Of course sometimes I will use the inconvenient ball position as part of a safety :thumbup:

Dave

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a 9' table in an 18' room. Yes there are some shots that are problematic with a full length cue but in my house they don't come up all that often, and when they do I have a slightly shorter cue. Of course sometimes I will use the inconvenient ball position as part of a safety :thumbup:

Dave

Thanks... 9' ft is a beautiful word.