F/S: Jeff Olney Plain Cue.(Cocobolo or dark bocote?)

FESC29

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a used Jeff Olney cue for sale. I bought this cue from a local player in IA a few years ago. It seems like the early work of Jeff. I'm Japanese and not good at English, but I'll try my best to describe it. Here are the specs:

Forearm&Butt sleeve: Cocobolo. (My friend claims that it's dark bocote. I don't know...you can tell me.)
Length: 58"
Weight: approximately 18.5-19oz
Shaft: 1 shaft - 12.2mm (I'm a huge fun of Efren. He uses 12mm and 11.5mm shafts, so I made my shaft little thinner.) The shaft is pretty stiff, so it works really well with its smaller tip.
Joint: see the pics.
Tip: Moori(Medium)
- On the butt sleeve, there are some scratches and dents.
- Between the butt sleeve and the ring&buttend, there is a little gap.(see the pic)
- Coating is little faded on the butt sleeve.
(I reduced the price $325 to $225 because of these problems above)
- The shaft has a very slight wobble that doesn't affect play.

It was my main cue and hits really really great.
Reason why I'm selling this cue is that it's not a wrappless....I play better with wrappless.

Asking $225 shipped.(with free 1 Moori Tip(M).) PM me if interested.

I also have plain meucci original and old joss for sale. I will put these pics on here shortly.

Attachments

• olney_whole.jpg
    olney_whole.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 989
  • olney_forearm.jpg
    olney_forearm.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 734
  • olney_joint.jpg
    olney_joint.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 648
  • olney_buttend.JPG
    olney_buttend.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 626
  • olney_buttend2.jpg
    olney_buttend2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

FESC29

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The guy who sold me this cue told me that Jeff was making cue for Efren(few years ago). Anyone know about this????

Taiko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
You can email Jeff olney at: olneycues@yahoo.com and ask him. He is a great guy to deal with and has helped me id one of his older cues that I own. He has also answered all my questions concerning a cue his is currently making for me. Guddorakku

Nelson

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Olney

I believe Jeff has built cues for Efren but he didn't end up using them. Cranegod1 I believe has one of those in his possession. Maybe he will post up some pictures if he sees this.

cranegod1

Banned
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Only ERO's said:
I believe Jeff has built cues for Efren but he didn't end up using them. Cranegod1 I believe has one of those in his possession. Maybe he will post up some pictures if he sees this.
Jeff did make three cues for Efren. Unfortunatley Efren signed a new deal with Judd before the cues could be delivered. I do have two of the cues

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
cranegod1 said:
Jeff did make three cues for Efren. Unfortunatley Efren signed a new deal with Judd before the cues could be delivered. I do have two of the cues

I'd love to see pics of these cues - maybe post some in the Cue Gallery forum? :D

FESC29

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
cranegod1 said:
Wrapless??? If you have these pics, please post them.

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Olney Cocobolo Cue

That is a beautiful cue, too bad I just purchased three cues and an awesome 3x6 George case. I would love to have been able to buy this one too.

staffi01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If i didn´t get my Olney two weeks ago, i´d buy this one.

Best hitting cue i ever had!!

Good luck in selling.

Also would like to see the pics of the cues made by Jeff for Efren.

Stefan

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nice looking cue,wish the shaft was bigger...been wanting a olney for awhile. Good luck with the sale, sure someone out there likes smaller shafts.