The Break Room - Fresno, CA

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Break Room is located in Fresno, CA just off the Ashlan Ave exit on Hwy 99 (southbound). It is owned and operated by Mike Tucci & Phil Costales for the past two years; it was previously owned by Dan Dadian who passed away shortly after Mike & Phil purchased the pool room. It was like Dan knew he'd be entrusting his favorite pool parlor in extremely capable hands. Anyone that was fortunate to know Dan understands what I mean because that man was totally committed to quality pool room environments and he owned/operated 4 different pool rooms concurrently in 3 different cities. Dan was genuinely a really class act and thank goodness Mike and Phil are holding true to that tradition.

The best pool room in Fresno is "The Break Room". Why? The tables are maintained in really good condition, the crowd that hangs out there is a fun group of diverse people, the in-house league play is the best anywhere in the Central Valley Region of California and weekly tournaments on Thursday nights & Sat. afternoons. The best array of 9' and 7' tables in Fresno and the owners are great guys.....just don't play them for money, especially that friggin' Tucci character. All kidding aside, Mike is a great and I consider him a friend and he has a decent stick despite his shooting pace which is a tad too quick....there ya go, some inside info on how to beat him.

Most evenings after 6:30 pm there's either something going on or else there's a crowd at The Break Room. Find out for your self.......come on Wednesday when you can play all day and night for only $5.00 (from opening to closing)...........559-276-9000.

Last edited:

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Regarding their room

Have them contact Mary Ann to do a phone interview for broad cast on American Billiard Radio. It is free!
Also, we can help them promote their room as well! it will be about 60 cents a day! :)
Call or write. www.goplaypool.com
Thanks!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: Future of Break Room Looks Uncertain

The current landlord for the bldg. wants an absurd price to buy the building and the current lease won't be renewed . i.e., one-sided terms.......the current operators aren't going to continue the arrangement.......the parlor is up for sale and maybe someone will take it over. Fresno's pool room scenario could use a nice new parlor......we have the demographics with almost 650,000 in just Fresno & Clovis alone and then with the adjacent towns, a well maintained pool room should be received really well. Let's see what happens but at the moment, I am not very optimistic.

Last edited: