side pocket break

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
any advice?

i put the ball in the center of the table, cue ball a diamond and ahalf up and about 2 balls of the rail

when i strike it well, the rack blows open and my cue ball is spinning from the collision
great break

sometimes i go through mental spats where i end up scratching alot, sometimes i break it open and get into double digit runs lol

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
any advice?

i put the ball in the center of the table, cue ball a diamond and ahalf up and about 2 balls of the rail

when i strike it well, the rack blows open and my cue ball is spinning from the collision
great break

sometimes i go through mental spats where i end up scratching alot, sometimes i break it open and get into double digit runs lol

Since you are practicing trying to run balls, i reccomend using a more traditional breakshot. Since that's what will come up in a game mostly.

Learn to master the different cut angles and controlling the CB off the rack.

I Agree the center table break is a lot of fun, but not very common to come up in a game.

Hope This Helps !
-Steve

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Thank you I'll just go ahead and use the standard one and try to improve from there

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Standard is best to learn. If you shoot that center pocket break, try get perfect stun shot with speed. Cueball should hit middle of 2 front balls and give high chance to get great break. It rarely happens in game though.. :)

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I just was using that one as a opening break since it can give great results and help start a run
then ill flake out mentally and miss a straight in 1ft shot or get going and not watch my position and end up frozen to another ball with no shot

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any advice?

great break

Move the ball a couple inches close to you from the center of the table. Then line up cue ball off first diamond after the side. Break controlled firmly with couple tips of center high aiming for the middle of the two front balls. Try then to carom off said balls following cue ball thru to opposite long rail. This helps keep the cue down table and avoid the side scratches. This break is easy to set up but more difficult to find at the end of the rack. I start with this head ball break to start my high run attempt but rarely look for it after that. It work for me, maybe help you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums