Old Palmer and Joss West Value?

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to Get the value on these 2 cue at this time they are not for sale.

Attachments

• J west.jpg
    J west.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 912
  • J west 2.jpg
    J west 2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,067
  • J west 3.jpg
    J west 3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 825
  • J west 4.jpg
    J west 4.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 802
  • J west 5.jpg
    J west 5.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 909

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer

In the window Dan Rolland by Palmer

Attachments

• Palmer.jpg
    Palmer.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 938
  • Palmer 2.jpg
    Palmer 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 887
  • Palmer 3.jpg
    Palmer 3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 703
  • Palmer 4.jpg
    Palmer 4.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 906
Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suggest $600 for the JW, and $1500 for Palmer.

I don't want to buy either but I have bought both of similar cues in the past.

I recommend getting both of them refinished by Scot Sherbine at Proficient Billiards. You wont negatively affect value on either cue. I suggest it will more than raise the value of both cues more than that the cost of the refinish. If you keep them, they will look awesome, and if you sell them you more than get your money back on refinish.

That model of JW is considered a true "players" cue and should be played, and played often.

I wish you the best of rolls.

Ken

playpool2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Palmer similar to yours, with my name in the butt that sold on eBay for around $1800 several years ago.

It went with the rectangle case and I believe 6 shafts of which 4 were made by Palmer.

I got it in the early 70's.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Current Market

I regularly watch Palmer sales and have added a number of Palmers to my collection in recent years.

Presently, the market is depressed (no secret) and there have been many Palmers coming up for sale by original owners. Recent activity within the last year, has shown Model J's selling for ~$1,300, K's for $1,200, Model 11's for $850, and Model 20's for $2,500-$3,000, Bar cue conversions can still be had for $250-$350. These are all open market verifiable values, not backroom deals involving an unknowledegable seller.

If you take Tate's value on this cue which is roughly $1,000. and discount it for today's market, you are under a grand.

If you are buying this to flip, either have a ready buyer specifically looking for a Model 14 or don't go overboard on your offer to the seller.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd really like to have that Joss West.

Josh

Josh -

Notice it has that OLD WESTINGHOUSE micarta Ferrell. I have had old JW with that and they play very sporty.

That cue needs some TLC but could be really nice.

Ken

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Josh -

Notice it has that OLD WESTINGHOUSE micarta Ferrell. I have had old JW with that and they play very sporty.

That cue needs some TLC but could be really nice.

Ken

No doubt, Ken. I love creamsicle ferrules. I have a block of the stuff from Joel Hercek, and have all my ferrules made from that. I'm almost out, though.

Josh

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
'Conservative' estimate.....$1000 (5 bills apiece)

'Maybe' estimate....$1250

The cues need some resto work to be worth 'top dollar', but as other have stated, the market for this old stuff ain't great right now. If you would have sold these cues 10 years ago, you would have gotten more, even in their current condition.

Hope this helps.

Oakley

Registered
Do either or both have cases? Since these two sticks seem to be from the 70's and appear to be collectible it would be interesting to know if they have cases that are also collectible or at least match the sticks time wise or manufacturer wise. Say a Palmer rectangular case and/or a similar case for the Joss West for that time frame (what ever that would be). Just a thought. That might mean that the stick and cases (if there are any) may have been together as a package for quite a while.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do either or both have cases? Since these two sticks seem to be from the 70's and appear to be collectible it would be interesting to know if they have cases that are also collectible or at least match the sticks time wise or manufacturer wise. Say a Palmer rectangular case and/or a similar case for the Joss West for that time frame (what ever that would be). Just a thought. That might mean that the stick and cases (if there are any) may have been together as a package for quite a while.

Interesting comment.

The Palmer cue I have now, was ordered from the pool room and the original owner played with the cue for YEARS. Both shafts are original as well as the original Palmer case.

It seems that old Szamboti cues often came in fellini cases.

This might make an interesting thread on its own.

Ken