Maryland 14.1 Championships

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this tournament happening soon and will it be streamed? According to info I have, it should be starting this weekend but haven't heard anything recently.

-Dennis

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Is this tournament happening soon and will it be streamed? According to info I have, it should be starting this weekend but haven't heard anything recently.

-Dennis

This coming Sunday and Monday.

Alvin Nelson confirmed that Inside Pool will be live streaming the event again, just like last year.

They had great commentary last year. Here are some of the matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PidSnEgR07w Thorsten Hohmann John Schmidt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJN1G0-n2U Mika Immonen Brandon Shuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajyoBceyZmA Sean Wilke Thorsten Hohmann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60k3bhNJcD4 Mika Immonen Andy Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uSb_u9qoAE Mike Dechaine Dave Daya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnz1c_atkzg Johnny Archer Bobby Hunter

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Sunday and Monday

Not sure why but Peter Burrows (Tournament Director) insisted that the tournament be held on Sunday and Monday. That is why it is being held at Top Hat rather than Big Daddy's.

Wedge

There are some players currently

Not sure why but Peter Burrows (Tournament Director) insisted that the tournament be held on Sunday and Monday. That is why it is being held at Top Hat rather than Big Daddy's.

Wedge

Thousands of miles away, competing for the world 9 ball championships that intend to play in the Maryland 14.1. Can't be in two places at once ;)

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member

Wedge

Sunday, Monday was picked for the player that were away in Qutar that will be returning on Saturday.

From what I understand Big Daddy's is going under renovations. And a new host room had to be selected so the event would go off without a hitch !!

-Steve

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks Steve

Sunday, Monday was picked for the player that were away in Qutar that will be returning on Saturday.

From what I understand Big Daddy's is going under renovations. And a new host room had to be selected so the event would go off without a hitch !!

-Steve

Big Daddy's is not going under renovation. They could not handle the Monday finish because they have APA Leagues on Monday. A room such as Big Daddy's that has strictly pool as an income, no alcohol, cannot afford to lose income. It is a shame because Rick and Cindy were proud to host the tournament since it's inception. Could you tell me how many players that are playing in Qutar will be playing in the MD 14.1? It must be more than 3 or 4 to move the venue from the room that always hosted it!

Look forward to your response

Frank

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I guess whom told me was incorrect, I oppoligize !!!

I am not sure which players.

Steve

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks

I guess whom told me was incorrect, I oppoligize !!!

I am not sure which players.

Steve

No worries...just pissed that the venue was changed from a very good room ran by very good friends for no logical reason other than Peter Burrows ego! Guess only Peter can answer that question...but I guess he won't ! I wish the players and the new venue well but I seriously doubt that the event will live up to the past few years and feel that this will be the end of the top caliper players showing up. IMHO most who came in the past was because of the Hospitality of Rick and Cindy!

There are 3 off the top of my head

Big Daddy's is not going under renovation. They could not handle the Monday finish because they have APA Leagues on Monday. A room such as Big Daddy's that has strictly pool as an income, no alcohol, cannot afford to lose income. It is a shame because Rick and Cindy were proud to host the tournament since it's inception. Could you tell me how many players that are playing in Qutar will be playing in the MD 14.1? It must be more than 3 or 4 to move the venue from the room that always hosted it!

Look forward to your response

Frank

Of the 3, 2 can easily be champions. Thorsten, mika and Shaun Wilkie. There are likely more.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

Corey Deuel and Huidji See are coming from Qatar as well. Mika is going straight to London I think so not making our event.

Top Hat Cue Club is a great room for the tournament with 21 Brunswick tables that play very well. The owner Mike Connelly is excited about the event and has recovered most of the tables just for the event! I was up there last weekend and the room is looking very good.

They also have a feature table room which is perfect for the live stream.

The field is looking very strong! Here are some of the top players:

Thorsten Hohmann
Johnny Archer
Charlie Williams
Ralph Eckert
Huidji See
Corey Deuel
Dave Daya
Max Eberle
Danny Barouty
Steve Lipsky
Mike Dechaine
Bobby Chamberlain
Shaun Wilkie
Bob Maidhof
Tom Karabatsos

VARick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Davis was in Springfield Fast Eddie's the other day and said he was planning to be there. Watch out for Mike...since "retiring" he's snapped off two Action Pool Tour stops and the Ginky Memorial!

I sure hope

Hohmann is able to give a top effort at this event. He's already checked out of the hotel and at the airport to fly back to the states. He won't arrive for 24 hours, 2pm tmrw. I wasn't to say anything during the 9ball event, but he never acclimated to Qatars local time. He kept NYC hours and was playing pool at 5am NYC time. He's worn out. But he loves the Maryland event!!

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love all of these straight pool events recently. Good stuff.

I love them too, and now that I've relocated to the East Coast, close enough to the events that matter, this one ends up being scheduled for Sun/Mon. That blows for spectators, many of whom can't (or won't) take a day off from work to be there. :(

In any case, good luck to the players, I hope to see some good matches on Sunday.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
FREE STREAM LINK

600.jpg

Last edited:

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I heard Johnny Archer vs Jeff Crawford in the 10 am round live stream. Ok, probably 10:15 or so!

Andy

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Goofed on the score. the final score was 100 - 51 in favor of Thorsten Hohmann

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• BC-TH end.jpg
    BC-TH end.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 508