Table mechanic in Maryland

funnyman

Registered
Who's the best table mechanic servicing Maryland (DC, Baltimore, Frederick)?

Brunswick (Hawthorne?)...

Thanks!

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Goldcrown: You've used John yourself and were happy with the results?

Personally no.. I have not. He was a recommendation to a friend in Md. He really liked the work. John was recommended by another installer here. If John travels I would not hesitate to use him in Pa..... Keep checking the reviews and see how many times his name comes up. May I suggest you call and talk to him, Get details and prices. Get a feel for who is coming into your house...who is working on your table. He will not obligate or pressure a sale.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Personally no.. I have not. He was a recommendation to a friend in Md. He really liked the work. John was recommended by another installer here. If John travels I would not hesitate to use him in Pa..... Keep checking the reviews and see how many times his name comes up. May I suggest you call and talk to him, Get details and prices. Get a feel for who is coming into your house...who is working on your table. He will not obligate or pressure a sale.

I wouldn't use him again.
Jason

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did you not like. Please post or PM. Who would you use.

Also..If timing worked out I'd use Trent from Toledo. He has a very good rep. He might be a traveling tech.

John is precisely the kind of guy wh would be interested in what he could do to better his craft.

He's been a top performer for a loooong time and there aren't too many clicks-to-the-better left to squeeze from that fruit.

Too early for mixing metaphors?

mc27out

mc27out
John is the best

I've used John many times always a quality job. He reduce my pockets to 4 3/8" recut the added wood in the pocket for better playability. It was a GC 2. Wish I could have taken it to FL!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used John many times always a quality job. He reduce my pockets to 4 3/8" recut the added wood in the pocket for better playability. It was a GC 2. Wish I could have taken it to FL!

What part of florida? John took my GC apart and labeled everything so the tech hear in florida could put it back together properly.

mc27out

mc27out
Port Charlotte.
I had a house built did not want to store in garage or storage unit.
Having Tim Kring reduce the GC4 pockets on the table I purchased down here.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Who other than ken hash......or mr. burns.....
Look them up.

Rob.M

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Port Charlotte.
I had a house built did not want to store in garage or storage unit.
Having Tim Kring reduce the GC4 pockets on the table I purchased down here.

If you get a little north let me know, i live in Palm Harbor. Strokers is the room up here