Blackjack Lessons

Billiard Architect

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spent a couple of hours with Blackjack yesterday. Most of what he said made sense. (Don't laugh at the obviousness of the next statement) My game usually consists of being one shot away from a runout mostly because of position. (insert duh here). He pointed out that my stance was not comfortable and I drop my elbow a lot. I concentrated on keeping the elbow up and getting in a more comfortable stance and I noticed that my stroke felt better. Not a magical cure but something to work on. He showed me some drills to work on my postitioning and safety play. Also a couple to relax, get a feel for the table I am about to play on and get into the right mindset to play.

It was so much information that I had to write down what I knew I would not be able to remember. Wish I could have stayed longer but I had some obligations.

I would write more but man am I hung over from Mardi Gras last night in Cocoa.

I will close with... if you get a chance to meet up with Blackjack he has a wealth of info and is worth double the money he charges (don't get any ideas David). Just don't schedule a time that conflicts with my next lesson.

JV<---- Feeding the Panther.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Johnny "V" said:
Spent a couple of hours with Blackjack yesterday. Most of what he said made sense. (Don't laugh at the obviousness of the next statement) My game usually consists of being one shot away from a runout mostly because of position. (insert duh here). He pointed out that my stance was not comfortable and I drop my elbow a lot. I concentrated on keeping the elbow up and getting in a more comfortable stance and I noticed that my stroke felt better. Not a magical cure but something to work on. He showed me some drills to work on my postitioning and safety play. Also a couple to relax, get a feel for the table I am about to play on and get into the right mindset to play.

It was so much information that I had to write down what I knew I would not be able to remember. Wish I could have stayed longer but I had some obligations.

I would write more but man am I hung over from Mardi Gras last night in Cocoa.

I will close with... if you get a chance to meet up with Blackjack he has a wealth of info and is worth double the money he charges (don't get any ideas David). Just don't schedule a time that conflicts with my next lesson.

JV<---- Feeding the Panther.

Not surprising. I've learned more from BJ's posts than anyone else on this forum.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
X2 - I had a chance to spend a few hours with Blackjack when I lived in Florida.....learned a lot during the lesson and he really went above and beyond to help me afterwards....just a great guy with a lot to share...

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
Not surprising. I've learned more from BJ's posts than anyone else on this forum.

I can say the same thing. Blackjack's posts always get my fullest attention. Would love to get to Fla. one day and spend some time picking his brain.

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
I highly recomend Blackjack for advanced lessons, not just the basics... A Player, a teacher, and a coach.

SPINDOKTOR

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MOJOE said:
I can say the same thing. Blackjack's posts always get my fullest attention. Would love to get to Fla. one day and spend some time picking his brain.

Exactly...If BlackJack is half as helpful as he is here on an other MBs, I'm sure he worth whatever price is asking.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack is a fellow instructor, and a friend of mine. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering pool lessons at any level, including professionals. He has years of experience, plenty of wisdom about the games, and good communication skills (one of the most important assets of a good instructor).

David...I hope to see you in FL, while I am down there for the month of April, vacationing with Patti!:D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've talked to Black Jack a few times.He is a nice guy and willing to help anyone that contacts him.His post are some of the best to read .He puts so much information out there.I can only imagine what its like to learn from him one on one.For beginners like me he's a great help ,so thanks Black Jack.