Gold Crown I value

RUMMY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have any pics of the table but Im told there is a GC I that's never been set up.. and I can get it for ~$1,000 to $1,100 .....that includes 860 and delivery/setup.

I've been thinking about getting second table to put in garage area to use when I have "extra" (more than wife is ok with) players over for ring games.

I'm told the original cushions would come with table. What's the chance that the cushions will be ok?
Tell me where it's located and I'll go get it! I don't mind a road trip and I'll throw you $100 for a finders fee!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you end up with it, maybe it would make a cool YouTube video and AZ post of how the table came to be, what a NOS table looks like, how it went together, how the original cushions play, etc. Just thinking out loud:)

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
It seems to me, that table should be worth NO LESS than $2k.

Much of the damage that occurs to tables, is by inexperienced installers. Even having experience doesn't mean that it's "good" experience.

A virgin condition Gold Crown should go for a premium. However, the first set of staples to penetrate the rails, or the first set of slate screws in the frame, could greatly diminish the value. It's only worth it, if the installer is reputable.

Reactions: JC

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tell me where it's located and I'll go get it! I don't mind a road trip and I'll throw you $100 for a finders fee!

or if he decides not to take the table he could accept the $1000 finders fee that was already offered by the established member who is a well known collector of early Gold Crowns and related accessories.

There are so many hard decisions in this thread. :grin-square:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A GC1 in mint condition that has never been set up since it was built would be valued at over $10k so excuse me if I'm a non believer of this "never been set up" table being offered for $1K.

Ps, never been set up would mean the table parts are still in boxes right???

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f it just looks really nice i would buy it in a minute
put new rubber and cloth and enjoy the table

i would not ask any more questions,one quick look would satisfy me

realkingcobra

Silver Member
FWIW, a NEW GC1 wouldn't need the cushions replaced, so why all the suggestions to do so?? Think about it!!

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have any pics of the table but Im told there is a GC I that's never been set up.. and I can get it for ~$1,000 to $1,100 .....that includes 860 and delivery/setup.

I've been thinking about getting second table to put in garage area to use when I have "extra" (more than wife is ok with) players over for ring games.

I'm told the original cushions would come with table. What's the chance that the cushions will be ok?
I bought my GC1 from a bowling alley and I had it moved from Baltimore to York,pa about 60 miles give or take a few miles. I had it re clothed not with Simmonis,rails redone with high speed rubber,pockets cut down and set up and that was $1400.00 but that was about 10 years ago. So if you can get a GC1 setup,re clothed with Simmonis for 1100. I would jump on it ,but check it out first real good.

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's as simple.as 2+2=4.

Guy was a pool table dealer for over five decades. He had several tables in storage....the GC was one of them.

The guy that can sell it has a personal connection/relationship with owners. They are more or less letting him have the table in lieu of work....etc..etc..

He told me he (guy being given table) would let me have it for that price. He also got felt...etc..etc... with table.

Does that help you get from point a to point b.

Yes, the seller is a "friend of mine". He knows he can get much more from most anyone. He knows I'm thinking of buying second table and will set it up for me if I have it moved.

He's a good guy. I would mention his name.....he is a member here but, he dont want to be bombarded with folks just yet.

If myself or he decides to not buy/keep the table I will let you guys know.

I've already promised one member here they would be in line behind me if the other guy or myself dont take it.

The other guy or myself ARE NOT TABLE/CUE flippers.....

We just play pool.

Is that a little easier to understand?

Have a good one.

Rake
With this information you should buy it right away

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A GC1 in mint condition that has never been set up since it was built would be valued at over $10k so excuse me if I'm a non believer of this "never been set up" table being offered for $1K.

Ps, never been set up would mean the table parts are still in boxes right???

Definitely smells from fish.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Definitely smells from fish.

With this information you should buy it right away

I bought my GC1 from a bowling alley and I had it moved from Baltimore to York,pa about 60 miles give or take a few miles. I had it re clothed not with Simmonis,rails redone with high speed rubber,pockets cut down and set up and that was $1400.00 but that was about 10 years ago. So if you can get a GC1 setup,re clothed with Simmonis for 1100. I would jump on it ,but check it out first real good.

My fault for bring the thread back up I suppose but if you read past the first post you'd know the table was taken off the market.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My fault for bring the thread back up I suppose but if you read past the first post you'd know the table was taken off the market.

Thanks!

Yes sir. It is off the market as they decided against it in the end but, there is still hope because its still "just sitting there" in boxes from my understanding.

I miss the old days when you could do two things:

Take a man at his word

And

He would take you at yours.

Sad, sad, sad.