• I've never tried pivot aiming, but would like to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not been proven mathematically so it's useless

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I've been called "dead wrong" by mentioning specific lessons contained in the CTE DVDs and Stan's own YouTube clips. Now you're telling me that Stan says the system has evolved so much since then that my words, which are his words from 5 years ago, are "dead wrong"....?? That's kinda funny, because a lot of players have supposedly learned the system or tried to learn the system from those old lessons.

So this is now "dead wrong"? https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos?t=172s And pay attention to where he places his bridge hand, the pivot point from half tip offset to the shot line through ccb. Now, if his hand were closer or farther away than where he places it then the pivot would be a different angle and he'd arrive on a different shot line. I thought this was the reasoning for using specific bridge distances, which he mentions earlier in this same video. That all makes perfect sense. But saying bridge distance doesn't matter with manual pivoting just makes zero sense. When using a strict "objective" half tip manual pivot the placement of your bridge V is a major factor for arriving on the correct shot line. If not it's simply not as objective as defined.

Anyway, if the pro1 sweeps have evolved "greatly" over the last 5 years then it just goes to show how important subjective experience really is when it comes to mastering or creating the method. Practice makes perfect.
Head shot!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyway, if the pro1 sweeps have evolved "greatly" over the last 5 years then it just goes to show how important subjective experience really is when it comes to mastering or creating the method. Practice makes perfect.

Pro one sweeps have greatly evolved in the last 5 years, Thank you Stan, and that just goes to show that you should stay informed on the subject if you insist on posting about it every day. I mean why waste time on a pool forum every day constantly posting about something that you have very little understanding of

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pro one sweeps have greatly evolved in the last 5 years, Thank you Stan, and that just goes to show that you should stay informed on the subject if you insist on posting about it every day. I mean why waste time on a pool forum every day constantly posting about something that you have very little understanding of

I don't "constantly" post CTE comments every day. That's low500. I only post when it happens to be the subject of a thread that grabs my attention, like this particular poll. And the comments I make are typically accompanied by links to Stan's YouTube lessons. If the old lessons from 4 or 5 years ago are no longer relevant, or correct, then how in the world did you and others master the system?

Anyhow, you are correct...I am not in the loop of information involving the great evolution of CTE. After more than a decade, 2 DVDs, 100+ video clips and a massive book project in the final stages, and great CTE experts like you and Mohrt and Spidey and Valiant Thor praising the system..., I thought everything over the years has provided all one needs to know in order to become a great user of CTE. But now you're telling me those lessons I've linked to are no longer usable. Is this why the book is taking so long, because there are continual changes being made to keep up with the evolutionary process of CTE?

I don't wanna sling mud with you Cookie. I think you're a good guy, probably a good player too. If you learned CTE years ago, which you did, then why bust my chops for providing links to Stan's lessons from years ago? I mean, can't the system be learned through those same lessons today? If not, then how did you and others learn it?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do not believe it...that is why they continue to behave as they do about the method. They are not one bit 'curious' or 'interested'.......they just want to nit-pick and look for trouble.
If I had written a championship method of aiming in pool called Poolology, I think I would stick to the method I had written about, absolutely MASTER it, and win some public tournaments with it, instead of messing around in other people's business.
Reminds me of the closing scenes from that old movie "Sweet Home Alabama" when Reese Witherspoon is trying to make up her mind about whether to hook up again with her estranged husband or her "new someone". Her Dad looks at her and says..."You can't ride two horses with one ass, sugarbabe".

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

They do not believe it...that is why they continue to behave as they do about the method. They are not one bit 'curious' or 'interested'.......they just want to nit-pick and look for trouble.
If I had written a championship method of aiming in pool called Poolology, I think I would stick to the method I had written about, absolutely MASTER it, and win some public tournaments with it, instead of messing around in other people's business.
Reminds me of the closing scenes from that old movie "Sweet Home Alabama" when Reese Witherspoon is trying to make up her mind about whether to hook up again with her estranged husband or her "new someone". Her Dad looks at her and says..."You can't ride two horses with one ass, sugarbabe".

Wrong. I do believe CTE has evolved. And I'm not nit-picking anything about it, only pointing out that there are a few here that have been using the system for years, people that learned it more than 5 years ago. So it's only fair to ask, if the system has evolved greatly over the last 5 years, so much so that the old DVD lessons and YouTube lessons I've referenced are now "dead wrong", then how did you and Cookie and others learn it?

As far as Poolology, one doesn't "master" the system. It is a tool that utilizes fractional aiming in a manner that helps players develop a good feel for aiming, for pocketing balls simply by looking at cb-ob relationships and stepping into the proper shot line. This is what one masters. Just like Stan said about CTE Pro1, that he's worked with it so long he just immediately recognizes the shots, perceptions and sweeps, with ease. I do believe any aiming method has the potential to lead a player to this level of automatically knowing the shots as soon as you see them. I don't care what system or method you use, after enough table time/rxperience you should be pocketing balls with confidence. If not, try a different method.

If anything, this thread should help Stan sell more of his books, because for all the players out there who've never been able to implement CTE as instructed in the past, there is good news in knowing the system has evolved since then, and they may consider spending the $70 to $80 for the book. I hope they do. Despite what you or anyone else thinks about me, I have loved this game going on 35 years now, and have always been passionate about learning new things and helping others get involved and becoming better players. I don't care what it takes....CTE, 90/90, fractions, contact points, etc....if it helps people play pool then I'm for it.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wrong. I do believe CTE has evolved. And I'm not nit-picking anything about it, only pointing out that there are a few here that have been using the system for years, people that learned it more than 5 years ago. So it's only fair to ask, if the system has evolved greatly over the last 5 years, so much so that the old DVD lessons and YouTube lessons I've referenced are now "dead wrong", then how did you and Cookie and others learn it?

As far as Poolology, one doesn't "master" the system. It is a tool that utilizes fractional aiming in a manner that helps players develop a good feel for aiming, for pocketing balls simply by looking at cb-ob relationships and stepping into the proper shot line. This is what one masters. Just like Stan said about CTE Pro1, that he's worked with it so long he just immediately recognizes the shots, perceptions and sweeps, with ease. I do believe any aiming method has the potential to lead a player to this level of automatically knowing the shots as soon as you see them. I don't care what system or method you use, after enough table time/rxperience you should be pocketing balls with confidence. If not, try a different method.

If anything, this thread should help Stan sell more of his books, because for all the players out there who've never been able to implement CTE as instructed in the past, there is good news in knowing the system has evolved since then, and they may consider spending the $70 to $80 for the book. I hope they do. Despite what you or anyone else thinks about me, I have loved this game going on 35 years now, and have always been passionate about learning new things and helping others get involved and becoming better players. I don't care what it takes....CTE, 90/90, fractions, contact points, etc....if it helps people play pool then I'm for it.

Be careful. You might confuse them. Then one of them would start stuttering and the other would start deflecting.