AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Table identification and advice.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

09-16-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVJaybird View Post
That's fair.

I messed up buying this table. I'm into for 500 bucks. I've kicked myself enough, plus I have to hear it from my wife.

If I can't source the aprons and ball box, or it's too much money and the conversion kit is too expensive as well....

I'll put a new paint job on it and new felt and enjoy it as it is, big pockets and all. But there's no way I'm just going to toss this thing in the trash, I'm going to make the best out of what I have.
You're not in all that deep. If you can source the aprons and the ball tray from Trent for a nominal price and pick them up, I'd go for it. Have you taken any of your rails to a cabinet maker yet for an estimate? I seem to recall reading in a thread someone paid $250 to have theirs done but I could be waaaay off.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Last edited by rexus31; 09-16-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Old
  (#17)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

09-16-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
You're not in all that deep. If you can source the aprons and the ball tray from Trent for a nominal price and pick them up, I'd go for it. Have you taken any of your rails to a cabinet maker yet for an estimate? I seem to recall reading in a thread someone paid $250 to have theirs donw but I could be waaaay off.
I just passed on buying 6 Gold Crown 3's for $2,000, straight out of a pool hall that closed down. The person who bought them over a year ago paid $1,000 each, only to find out a year later he wasted his money because Gold Crowns are just not in demand much anymore. I already have GC's in storage that I'm sitting on for the time being. The point is, there's plenty of GC's for sale that ARE complete, and not a pile of garbage for less than a thousand dollars, but hey, if a person wants to waste their time and money, who am I to tell them otherwise.

Old
  (#18)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

09-16-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
I just passed on buying 6 Gold Crown 3's for $2,000, straight out of a pool hall that closed down. The person who bought them over a year ago paid $1,000 each, only to find out a year later he wasted his money because Gold Crowns are just not in demand much anymore. I already have GC's in storage that I'm sitting on for the time being. The point is, there's plenty of GC's for sale that ARE complete, and not a pile of garbage for less than a thousand dollars, but hey, if a person wants to waste their time and money, who am I to tell them otherwise.
All valid points!

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: