Johnny Archer vs. Allison Fisher?

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
instroke75 said:
if you like it or not, that's just the truth, of what would happen if they played a race to 100, and if you have not noticed the 6" pockets they play their tv matches on then that's you're problem

Stroke-man,
It's possible that you may not watch much women's pool; but most of us are well aware that for the past 2 seasons (2006, 2007) the WPBA has been using the pro-cut Brunswick Metro's (with very stingy pockets). These are very difficult pockets, and the women's game is better as a result. Your criticism of their pocket size is unfounded.

av84fun

Banned
klockdoc said:
Realistically, you are saying that Allison or Karen wouldn't have a chance when they only have to win 2 out of 5 games when getting 40 on the wire?:confused:

I think either one of them have that ability. For Johnny to get to 100, (only winning 3 games out of 5) he would have to play 167 games. Alison or Karen would win after 150. (150/5=30 * 2 = 60 + 40 game spot = 100)

I just think that would be a tough game for Johnny or anyone. JMO

PS: (I do not think that tight pockets would affect Allison being from a snooker background)

Excellent post!

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
true

Williebetmore said:
Stroke-man,
It's possible that you may not watch much women's pool; but most of us are well aware that for the past 2 seasons (2006, 2007) the WPBA has been using the pro-cut Brunswick Metro's (with very stingy pockets). These are very difficult pockets, and the women's game is better as a result. Your criticism of their pocket size is unfounded.
your right it has gotten better, the tables are much better than the huge pocket Olhausen's thay used to play on!

av84fun

Banned
instroke75 said:
if you like it or not, that's just the truth, of what would happen if they played a race to 100, and if you have not noticed the 6" pockets they play their tv matches on then that's you're problem

That post is founded in utter ignorance...which is YOUR problem.

av84fun

Banned
instroke75 said:
your right it has gotten better, the tables are much better than the huge pocket Olhausen's thay used to play on!

Then why did you post your 6 inch nonsense??????????

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sure there is the makings of a great Action Challenge here. We could go on all day about who would win but I would love to see something like this happen. I have a feeling we are talking about the wrong Fisher though. I don't think this kind of a match would be Allison's cup of tea. Kelly I think maybe would relish something like this. She was very very competitive back in England playing the guys. I am not saying that Allison would be afraid of the match, just that in this point of her career she dosen't really have anything to prove so why would she put herself out there?

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see this happen. Winner breaks nine ball. Now, here would be something we all could sweat.

av84fun

Banned
raybo147 said:
For sure there is the makings of a great Action Challenge here. We could go on all day about who would win but I would love to see something like this happen. I have a feeling we are talking about the wrong Fisher though. I don't think this kind of a match would be Allison's cup of tea. Kelly I think maybe would relish something like this. She was very very competitive back in England playing the guys. I am not saying that Allison would be afraid of the match, just that in this point of her career she dosen't really have anything to prove so why would she put herself out there?

MONEY!!!

(-:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
Sorry about that. Nine ball. ...
Then you have a problem. Are you going to rack the wing ball dead? Are you going to rack loose? Are you going to rack on the spot? I think those choices will make a big difference to the outcome.

Maybe you could try a really fair break format: the second shot of each rack has to be a push-out. That would get a lot more strategy into the game.

av84fun

Banned
crawfish said:
I would like to see this happen. Winner breaks nine ball. Now, here would be something we all could sweat.

And music to the ears of all roadies everywhere who make a living off suckers who agree to winner breaks matches!!!

And fortunately for the roadies...P.T. Barnum was right!
(-:

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
I think if Allison could have an alternate breaker for her, it would be more interesting. Shane breaking for Allison would be cool. Allison would still be the underdog, but would make the game a lot closer.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
derekdisco said:
I think if Allison could have an alternate breaker for her, it would be more interesting. Shane breaking for Allison would be cool. Allison would still be the underdog, but would make the game a lot closer.

Allie might have the nuts with SVB blasting for her.

Guarantee she 85's.....:)

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
i played a guy named chewtobacco at his house in north carolina. i gave him the 8 six ahead for 200.after about 10 hours i was 4 sets winner, it was kind of tough.anyway he told me he gambled with allison and beat her and she refused to play anymore.i dont know if thats true.but hopkins told me he gives karen the 7 on her home table and its a war .he is past his prime though.he will be the first to admit that.ill tell you what i think karen and allison play great so heres what ill do. because i break harder i would not want that to be an advantage.ill play either of them or both the ten ball ghost and anything that goes on the break spots up.that way you have to break soft.we could both break 100 times and see who gets the highest total.the highest possible score being 1000.i think they could give me a serious run for my money but i would be willing to bet high.

I believe Chew told you this John...without a doubt, but I dont believe him. She destroyed Tony Watson a few years ago getting the 7 and the last 3. She plays jam up, but against someone like Johnny or yourself, the break difference is too big for her to overcome. JMO.

Southpaw

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Southpaw said:
I believe Chew told you this John...without a doubt, but I dont believe him. She destroyed Tony Watson a few years ago getting the 7 and the last 3. She plays jam up, but against someone like Johnny or yourself, the break difference is too big for her to overcome. JMO.

Southpaw
Seven and the last three? I definitely like Tony or Chewy even. And, and if Tony is "right," he might still win that game with the seven. Their breaks will get them over the hill.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
FLICKit said:
As a matter of fact, every time she broke she made a ball in the whole match. (Pre-emptive: It wasn't always the wing ball, with the soft break).

I mean a 100% perfect game on the way to a 5-1 score (the 1 was due to a break and run by Kelly Fisher).

So, at a minimum, you are saying Allison strung 4 racks in a row on the way to a 5-1 lead? This is what I am getting from the above.

And playing a woman who makes a bad enough mistake to lose a game outright on that inning is entirely different from playing someone like Archer. Very rarely is Archer going to miss an open ball the way the women will. A mistake for him is leaving the table, and his opponent can SEE the 1 ball...

Then again, Karen and Allison beating up on shortstops to win regional tournaments illustrates quite nicely how HUGE a difference there is between shortstops and the top male players.

For some reason, people on here have tried to make shortstops on par with people like Mike Davis, Shawn Putnam, etc.

They're NOT. They're quite a few levels below those guys. :D

Russ

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instroke that is your opionion not a fact.It seems u are the one with the problem.I give respect to people who have earn it.Allison sure has.No offense to anyone on here but do u really think Allison worries about what anyone on here thinks.She is a pro ,she will do her job.Thats the truth.I don't care u like it it or not.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

you know i kind of like allie with 40 games on the wire.but you know we keep saying a race to 100 .there is no guarantee i will beat her in a race to 100 .thats just 2 long days of play.you know tiger woods at the end of the year is only 1 stroke basically per round better than the next best player.thats not much ,but over a year you get the idea.its the same with a race to 100 .thats only a few days of play.let karen or allie play me or any other male player for a year straight everday and i think we all no what would happen.they are to good of players to demoralize mentally and physically in only a race to 100. over 4 days of play tiger gets beat often .but let someone play him say 50 days of golf straight and see how they do.its the same with pool.imo

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
you know i kind of like allie with 40 games on the wire.but you know we keep saying a race to 100 .there is no guarantee i will beat her in a race to 100 .thats just 2 long days of play.you know tiger woods at the end of the year is only 1 stroke basically per round better than the next best player.thats not much ,but over a year you get the idea.its the same with a race to 100 .thats only a few days of play.let karen or allie play me or any other male player for a year straight everday and i think we all no what would happen.they are to good of players to demoralize mentally and physically in only a race to 100. over 4 days of play tiger gets beat often .but let someone play him say 50 days of golf straight and see how they do.its the same with pool.imo

I agree with you on all of that John.

Would you give her 40 on the wire with alt. break in 9-ball race to 100? Johnnyt