Gold Crown I value

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have any pics of the table but Im told there is a GC I that's never been set up.. and I can get it for ~$1,000 to $1,100 .....that includes 860 and delivery/setup.

I've been thinking about getting second table to put in garage area to use when I have "extra" (more than wife is ok with) players over for ring games.

I'm told the original cushions would come with table. What's the chance that the cushions will be ok?

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The local bowling alley in Illinois shut down, they had 4 9ft gold crown 1’s and in normal worn condition not perfect and they sold for 750$ a each, but they neededrails, paint and trim restored to be decent for most people

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A new old stock GC-1 will still need new bumpers unless stored in an oxygen free environment for decades.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds almost too good to be true. A classic NOS 50, or so year old GC I for 1000 and change? I would be skeptical that it’s never been setup, but even so, probably worth what they are asking if it’s complete and of typical used condition.

The cushions being good at 50 years old would be a gamble. Probably depending on how it was stored if new. If used, and it wasn’t doing duty in a commercial environment there would be a better chance that the old Monarchs are still good.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait none of this adds up. 1100 installed WITH new Simonis? So lets say the installer is charging 700 for the cloth, plus moving the table, plus assembling the table at your house, he is only selling the GC1 for 400?

If its legit, who cares what condition the table is in. Any vintage GC with Simonis delivered and installed is worth 1100.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I dont have any pics of the table but Im told there is a GC I that's never been set up.. and I can get it for ~$1,000 to $1,100 .....that includes 860 and delivery/setup.

I've been thinking about getting second table to put in garage area to use when I have "extra" (more than wife is ok with) players over for ring games.

I'm told the original cushions would come with table. What's the chance that the cushions will be ok?

There is no question of what you should do: BUY IT AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER!!!

:thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
$1,000 give and take....depends on the ball counter conditions, the top rail wear/dents. The ''ball box'' is it all there? Are the apron laminates...5 tah seven layers of poplar? Are the pedestals drilled or just sockets? Are the slate frames thicker? Is the slate 1 1/8'' or?

K55 rail profile....it's hard to go wrong. Every Midwestern/State college in the 60's had GCI's in their student unions.

Good wood & ''set er down''.

WhadahyahWaitin' ON?

Time is your enemy in this game. :) "rack em up".

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the table and claims made about table are legit. The person took it in on trade....etc..etc..whatever. I've known him a good while.

And yes, from my understanding it is new old stock.

All I know is it belonged to a table dealer that kept it in storage at his business but he got I'll and had to close down a year or so ago. He sold the property and everything that was stored there had to go.....including the table that he had no use for any longer.

A friend of mine said he would put felt on it at cost and set it up if I had someone to do the grunt work.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have room for two 9ft tables??

What table are you playing on now?

Current table is 9' Diamond pro-am.

And yes, I have plenty of room. I just want a table that is in a more "private" setting so important matches etc..etc.. can take place without interfering with family.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very little of what has been posted in this thread makes sense.

Table move and setup with new Simonis for $1,100?

NOS GC I table is included in the above price? (Pics would be helpful.)

$900 for SImonis?

Original GC I rails automatically need to be replaced?

As someone previously remarked, this doesn't add-up.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As mentioned in PM... If this is real, I'll give you a 1k finders fee. IMO it should stay unplayed as a piece of history.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
As an adoring husband and loving father, your duty as a selfless family man is to pounce like a fat rat in a cheese factory.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very little of what has been posted in this thread makes sense.

Table move and setup with new Simonis for $1,100?

NOS GC I table is included in the above price? (Pics would be helpful.)

$900 for SImonis?

Original GC I rails automatically need to be replaced?

As someone previously remarked, this doesn't add-up.

It's as simple.as 2+2=4.

Guy was a pool table dealer for over five decades. He had several tables in storage....the GC was one of them.

The guy that can sell it has a personal connection/relationship with owners. They are more or less letting him have the table in lieu of work....etc..etc..

He told me he (guy being given table) would let me have it for that price. He also got felt...etc..etc... with table.

Does that help you get from point a to point b.

Yes, the seller is a "friend of mine". He knows he can get much more from most anyone. He knows I'm thinking of buying second table and will set it up for me if I have it moved.

He's a good guy. I would mention his name.....he is a member here but, he dont want to be bombarded with folks just yet.

If myself or he decides to not buy/keep the table I will let you guys know.

I've already promised one member here they would be in line behind me if the other guy or myself dont take it.

The other guy or myself ARE NOT TABLE/CUE flippers.....

We just play pool.

Is that a little easier to understand?

Have a good one.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:
Sorry dude... but I don't even understand why you are asking this question... :)

Why? Well, I didn't want to take advantage of anyone. If the table is worth 3k and I decide to take it...... I would up my end a bit so as not to screw a friend.

I just barely do know how to shop for "new" stuff...... I sure as hell dont know fair price ranges for old stuff.

That's it, nothing more.

Rake