Johnny Archer vs. Allison Fisher?

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to see how many of you agree with my sentiments. 4 1/4 inch pocket Diamond. 660 Simonis. Race to 100.

Final Score:
Johnny..........100
Allison............63 (and that's pushing it a bit)

I had this conversation last night with a group. I just feel that Johnny is going to string 'em together more. Input?

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If alison or any top tier female pro got to 40 vs any top tier male pro (SvB, Busta, Ocrullo, Yang etc) i would be very surprised/impressed.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
9 ball or 10 ball?
Sorry about that. Nine ball. If it were ten ball,

Johnny...100
Allison...44

Simply because of the break and stroke to break out balls.

BPG24

Banned
I personally think there could be a 12-17 game difference in Allison's score in 9 ball... Higher in 9 ball VS 10 ball I mean

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
Sorry about that. Nine ball. If it were ten ball,

Johnny...100
Allison...44

Simply because of the break and stroke to break out balls.

Agreed......

FLICKit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

In the last Allison Fisher match I saw against Kelly Fisher, Allison was impressively strong. In the first 6 games, Allison made 0 mistakes that she couldn't recover from. Every time she got to the table she didn't leave until the 9-ball was done. When she broke she made a ball, and ran it out. When her opponent broke and messed up (which admittedly was a lil too often, unlike what Archer would do), then Allison got to the table and ran out.

As a matter of fact, every time she broke she made a ball in the whole match. (Pre-emptive: It wasn't always the wing ball, with the soft break).

I mean a 100% perfect game on the way to a 5-1 score (the 1 was due to a break and run by Kelly Fisher). I know, the last couple of games were a little messy, as she cruised on.

I'm not trying to hype Allison over Archer, but I am saying let's not underestimate her ability at her best. Of course, Archer plays strong and might be able to try to put the pressure on Allison and see if she cracks in any way... But, she's got the heart of a champion of champions, since nobody else has been more dominant than she.

The format would likely be key in such an event... i.e. alternate break or winner breaks would make a difference.

Last edited:

Snorks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FLICKit said:
The format would likely be key in such an event... i.e. alternate break or winner breaks would make a difference.

If it is Alternate Break 100-65 would be good. If it is winner break, 100-50 or so would be my guess.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
The original post said 4 1/4" pockets....

FLICKit said:
Wow!

In the last Allison Fisher match I saw against Kelly Fisher, Allison was impressively strong. In the first 6 games, Allison made 0 mistakes that she couldn't recover from. Every time she got to the table she didn't leave until the 9-ball was done. When she broke she made a ball, and ran it out. When her opponent broke and messed up (which admittedly was a lil too often, unlike what Archer would do), then Allison got to the table and ran out.

As a matter of fact, every time she broke she made a ball in the whole match. (Pre-emptive: It wasn't always the wing ball, with the soft break).

I mean a 100% perfect game on the way to a 5-1 score (the 1 was due to a break and run by Kelly Fisher). I know, the last couple of games were a little messy, as she cruised on.

I'm not trying to hype Allison over Archer, but I am saying let's not underestimate her ability at her best. Of course, Archer plays strong and might be able to try to put the pressure on Allison and see if she cracks in any way... But, she's got the heart of a champion of champions, since nobody else has been more dominant than she.

When you see the TV matches for the female pros they are usually on looser equipment, I don't think that they're ever played on tables tighter than 4 3/4" and they're edited to leave out the bad mistakes, of course so are the televised men's matches, but they are often on tighter equipment...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
crawfish said:
I want to see how many of you agree with my sentiments. 4 1/4 inch pocket Diamond. 660 Simonis. Race to 100.

Final Score:
Johnny..........100
Allison............63 (and that's pushing it a bit)

I had this conversation last night with a group. I just feel that Johnny is going to string 'em together more. Input?

Sounds to me like you hang out with a smart group. I also feel Allison would finish in the low sixties in winner's break nine ball. Unlike others in this thread, however, I think she'd do a little better at ten ball, where Johnny would have a much harder time stringing racks.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think you've got Allison (and Karen for that matter) under rated. If Allison played Johnny, I believe it would be closer than Shane's last two "challenge" matches. As always JMHO :)

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can say is that me and Kevin Varney have seen Allison roll over some of the male pros in tournament matches and gambling matches, I watched her come out of the loosers bracket and smoke US Open winner Tommy Kennedy who was on fire all weekend. Allison beat TK two sets for the win by the score of 7 to 3 and 7 to 1 and she had the cueball on a string, she beat three road warriors to get to TK. Kevin saw Allison beat Tony Watson in a head set in about thirty minutes while he was at Mother's pool room here in Charlotte on a diamond with real tight pockets, so don't count her out. One of the best local players here in Charlotte used to practice with her at Mother's almost daily and told me the worst thing he could do was leave Allison a long hard cut shot because she would drill it in and run out, the long range accuracy from her snooker background.--Leonard

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no buckets!

FLICKit said:
Wow!

.As a matter of fact, every time she broke she made a ball in the whole match. (Pre-emptive: It wasn't always the wing ball, with the soft break).

notice the size pockets(4 1/4), not those buckets the women play on in tv competition! Johnny winning about 100- 50 is probably about right!

Fragged

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaden said:
When you see the TV matches for the female pros they are usually on looser equipment, I don't think that they're ever played on tables tighter than 4 3/4" and they're edited to leave out the bad mistakes, of course so are the televised men's matches, but they are often on tighter equipment...

The Women have a tour, the men do not. The women's pockets are tight consistently throughout the tourny. Nothing can be stated about the men because each promoter decides on the equipment. There is no governing body deciding pocket size for their events.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
i'm not sure allison would get that close in ten ball at all, simply because it's johnny archer she's playing. anyone who say the recent ipt challenge match between archer and earl will have seen archer's break. he has it down to a tee lately and it would give him too much of an advantage. doesn't matter who he plays.

i wanna see archer take on shizzle van bizzle!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I would rather see Kelly Fisher play Johnny 9-ball race to 100, alt break. If Johnny played like he did in the Mosconi Cup I think it would be interesting.

As far as A. Fisher, K. Corr, M. Webb, X. Pan, Ga Young Kim... with the same format, I'll save this thread for the betting odds. The women are getting better every year...the men are not. Johnnyt

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Allison

I agree with Leonard, I think Allison and Karen would both do better than what has been predicted, particularly in 9 ball. Even though Jean Balukas is dear to my heart, I have to say that Allison is the greatest woman pro player to ever having played the game. Her 60+ titles speak for themselves.

I not really sure if either would be rattled a little if they played a 'name' pro man player, like Johnny, but I do not think lessor men pro players would rattle them any. I do think though, that Karen and Allison would both suffer some if the side break for 9 ball was not alllowed, and you had to break from the box.

I was trying to think back at what level Karen and Allison finished in the IPT tournaments, but those were 8 ball.