What balls are being used?

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching the Women's Atlantic Classic 9-Ball tournament and it appears they are using Super Aramith Pro Tournament Edition balls, but they have the TV 4/7 balls (pink/light brown). I've looked everywhere for these balls and I can't find them. Are they special for this tourney or are they not Aramith balls?

To clarify, these are exactly the color of the Super Aramith Pro TV Ball Set, but it is the Tournament Edition set.

hdgis1

Its a new set of aramith balls designed to reduce burns marks on the table. Or something like that.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=156012

Chris

I'm watching the Women's Atlantic Classic 9-Ball tournament and it appears they are using Super Aramith Pro Tournament Edition balls, but they have the TV 4/7 balls (pink/light brown). I've looked everywhere for these balls and I can't find them. Are they special for this tourney or are they not Aramith balls?

To clarify, these are exactly the color of the Super Aramith Pro TV Ball Set, but it is the Tournament Edition set.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I realize they are the Tournament edition of balls, but when you purchase Tournament Aramith's, they do not come with the "TV" balls, i.e. pink 4/12 ball, beige 7/15 ball. As you notice in the picture in the thread you posted, the tournament edition Aramith's have standard colors instead of the TV edition balls.

Its a new set of aramith balls designed to reduce burns marks on the table. Or something like that.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=156012

Chris

4.0x3.48

Never tire of learning.
Silver Member
Sig Check! I got some for ya!

EDIT: I gotta read through the whole thread before I hit the quick reply button... Nevermind me.

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member

I've never seen them but I'll see what I can find out.

I do know there is a set of Brunswick Centennial TV balls, I can get those but I have yet to see a TV version of the Tournament balls.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for checking. If you find some, please let me know. I might be in the market for some. I'm hoping I can find some Raschig's first, but that isn't going so well :)

I've never seen them but I'll see what I can find out.

I do know there is a set of Brunswick Centennial TV balls, I can get those but I have yet to see a TV version of the Tournament balls.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screenshot of the balls

Ok I hovered over my camera for about 45 minutes while the International Challenge was on and I captured some HD images of these balls. Notice they are the Aramith Tournament TV Pro-Cup. Now, can anyone tell me what the SKU is or where to get these?

TournamentTV2.jpg

TournamentTVBalls.jpg

tournamenttv4.jpg

tournamentTV3.jpg

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The fact that there is a box labeled Tournament TV balls tells me they aren't just specially made by Saluc only for televised events. They will probably show up for sale soon.

I'm sure cheapcues.com will find out the status.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I got a Email from BilliardClub Network on black Friday. They were advertising a Aramith Tournament set for a real good price and the link claimed only one available. I ordered it. To my surprise it is the TV set. It came with the measel ball instead of the black Aramith which I would have preferred since I already have the measle ball.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I was just watching the 2010 Women's US Open that was televised on ESPN last week. At the beginning of the broadcast Aramith had an ad for the Tournament balls and said they are available in a TV ball set.

So they're out there somewhere but it is weird that they are not shown on Saluc's own website. They mention the TV balls in the Super Pro balls.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked with Rob (I believe) at BilliardClub and apparently, these balls were used in the Women's U.S. Open as a promotion for the new Tournament Duramith balls. They received the balls after the tourney and put them up for sale, but had the picture mislabeled as the Super Aramith Pro TV balls, but in fact, they were the TV Tournament balls. He said the pricing was probably for the Super Aramiths too (so the 2 sets that sold were a very good deal). They had 2 sets of them and both sold. He called the supplier that he got them from while I was on the phone and they are currently back ordered with 34 people looking for them. The supplier estimated they would ship next quarter, but he wasn't positive. The retail on the balls will be $329 he thought.

Anyway, looks like they were produced in very low quantities to use in the Open tournament and to get some interest before showing up at dealers. They've accomplished the drumming up some interest part.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i still haven't seen a tournament tv set for sale either....funny thing, if you go to the aramith web site and watch their video commercial, they say it is available in a tv set and they show a measle ball being used.

on an unrelated note, i saw in a mag that they were showing a new ball cleaner at the bca show. it's for residential use, and only cleans one ball at a time. it was pretty small and i assume it will be priced pretty affordably. it looked pretty neat....