PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this something like 3/8x18?

jHwn9N9.jpg

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
That’s a weird one. Gotta be 3/8-14, maybe 16 like Mr Webb said. Very strange. Who’s the maker?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Stick a ruler right next to it so we can count the threads per inch. Looks like cuetec's screw.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious. Is there a chance this could be a metric bolt?
Instead of 3/8" maybe,
M10x1.5. Threads per inch 16.93
Or
M10x1.25. Threads per inch 20.32

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I measured it and it is 3/8×16. I cannot say that I have seen many cues, actually not at all, with this pin. Is it chromed brass?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I measured it and it is 3/8×16. I cannot say that I have seen many cues, actually not at all, with this pin. Is it chromed brass?

Hopefully there's some sought of insert in the shaft. I personally wouldn't trust it direct into wood with the repeated on/off over time. Phenolic insert would be nice.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I measured it and it is 3/8×16. I cannot say that I have seen many cues, actually not at all, with this pin. Is it chromed brass

Look in the plumbing section of a big-box store.
Used to be chrome or nickel plated brass 3/8-16 bolts and short allthread available as well as some other sizes.

Try a common 3/8-16 (aka "coarse" or SAE) nut on it for proof of threads.

smt

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look in the plumbing section of a big-box store.
Used to be chrome or nickel plated brass 3/8-16 bolts and short allthread available as well as some other sizes.

Try a common 3/8-16 (aka "coarse" or SAE) nut on it for proof of threads.

smt

This.

You can walk into any hardware store and pick up a 3/8 x 16 bolt. I used them on some sample woods before I picked up a 3/8 x 10 tap.