help with olhausen

jtrujillo707

Registered
guys i have a 4x8 olhausen in my garage it needs new cushions and felt. i have purchased simonis 860 but i dont know what cushions i need.. the olhausen emblem is gold rectangle all it says is olhausen the best in billiards i know pictures will help but i cant at the moment when i have time i will upload some pics. thanks in advance

jtrujillo707

Registered
0a5f4bdd7435701c1e2b6f61bc0f758c.jpg
64f716a1fc4dcff1f6f35a14fb27f0cd.jpg
7c14426fd418d14664a79a15579c071e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
doesnt look that old why need new cushions.

i would get them from olhausen if you do. and ask about if the new cushions stop the balls from spitting out with a better shape, or is it just the shelf being too deep.

jtrujillo707

Registered
half of the cushions have hardened. it was by a window and think the side that got sun is the side that deteriorated. what i was wondering was if anyone knew what cushions this particular model has

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
So your saying they are accufast even though it doesn't say accufast on the emblem? I'm just wondering because I read that the tables that have the accufast. Cushions say it on the emblem

They are not Accu-Fast cushions on your table. The older Olhausen's did not have Accu-Fast until the mid 90's if I remember correctly. They also said it on the emblem. The newer Olhausens all have the Accu-fast cushion.. Accu-fast cushions do not go bad. At least the thousands I have moved or worked on never went bad.

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like your setup (i have that same table in my basement with umpteen Barbie doll accessories scattered underneath).

that table takes a k-66 cushion profile. Accufast is the k-66 profile that Olahusen offers currently. i don't know how long that has been standard. but i have the same badge/plate on mine and it definitely did not have Accufast.

i redid my rail cushions a year ago. i opted for the entry level generic cushions from Seyberts, as i didn't have the budget for the premium options. and because i wanted to experiment with a tighter pocket, i knew it wasn't going to be the final version of the table anyway.

i did have a chance to play on a friend's top end Olhausen for an evening shortly after i finished my table last year. his table has Accufast (and a slightly beefier rail. still Olhausen low profile but it seemed ever so slightly wider) and the original 860 from 10 years ago. huuuuuge difference. but i'm not convinced that Accufast is ultimate... so hot on the rebound at low speeds, but almost too soft when firing at speed, esp. into a corner pocket with the stock facing.

jtrujillo707

Registered
i like your setup (i have that same table in my basement with umpteen Barbie doll accessories scattered underneath).

that table takes a k-66 cushion profile. Accufast is the k-66 profile that Olahusen offers currently. i don't know how long that has been standard. but i have the same badge/plate on mine and it definitely did not have Accufast.

i redid my rail cushions a year ago. i opted for the entry level generic cushions from Seyberts, as i didn't have the budget for the premium options. and because i wanted to experiment with a tighter pocket, i knew it wasn't going to be the final version of the table anyway.

i did have a chance to play on a friend's top end Olhausen for an evening shortly after i finished my table last year. his table has Accufast (and a slightly beefier rail. still Olhausen low profile but it seemed ever so slightly wider) and the original 860 from 10 years ago. huuuuuge difference. but i'm not convinced that Accufast is ultimate... so hot on the rebound at low speeds, but almost too soft when firing at speed, esp. into a corner pocket with the stock facing.

hey thanks man. so would accufast cushions fit on my table. i ask because i was under the impression that height or something was different from accufast and the older cushions . i have not bought the cushions yet because i wanted to get the accufast but was scared they would be to tall or something.

jtrujillo707

Registered
I talked to someone at my local pool hall he said that accufast should be fine

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Olhausen Age

Just saw this thread and wanted to say that I have an Olhausen table from the early 90s that does not say "Accu-Fast" on the name plate but does have Accu-Fast cushions that are original to the table. Maybe this will help some pool table archaeologists in the future.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i think they might have used artemis cushions, cant b sure,

thats why you get them from the factory. otherwise if they dont fit you are stuck

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
0a5f4bdd7435701c1e2b6f61bc0f758c.jpg
64f716a1fc4dcff1f6f35a14fb27f0cd.jpg
7c14426fd418d14664a79a15579c071e.jpg

As others stated, the cushios should not need replacing. I wished I did Acu-fast on my table but I was convinced I had K55 profile and until I realize it was K66 (what Accu-fast is) I was kinda commited to buying from a guy due to a verbal agreement. Accu-fast cushions should be all black and should last almost for ever.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
half of the cushions have hardened. it was by a window and think the side that got sun is the side that deteriorated. what i was wondering was if anyone knew what cushions this particular model has

I missed this. Then I guess it's possible you need new cushions. If you are spending money on the table, look into doing THIS (1 of 3 videos). Olhausens have 145° pockets angles and makes them rattle the balls. Cut them to 141° corners and 12-14° down and 102° for the sides also 12-14° down and I'd go with 1/4" facings since Accu-fast is softer and that adds to the pocket rattle issues.

How do I know this, I had an Olhausen and have played on many. They were very popular where I was from in Wisconsin.