Will he 3 peat

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
With the new racking rules will svb 3 peat this year? I'm sure he has already figured out how to set this rack up a cheat like he always does

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, Shane just said in an interview that if the Mosconi Cup racks the 9 on the spot the USA has no chance. So I take that to mean that he isn't too excited about the US Open's decision.

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
Well, Shane just said in an interview that if the Mosconi Cup racks the 9 on the spot the USA has no chance. So I take that to mean that he isn't too excited about the US Open's decision.

Well at mosconi cup he cant touch ( rig ) the rack but here he can. That's why I like him here

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB figures it out

Watched Shane play his buddy Rory at Fargo Billiards a year ago. Shane is torturing Rory, who is an excellent player. Rory says to me I can't beat him unless he gives me the breaks. They switch to the 9 being racked on the spot. After about 5 breaks he has it figured out. Everyone, including Rory, just shook their heads.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
The 9 is racked on the spot instead of the 1. Break from the box. 3 balls must past the side pockets or be pocketed.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
To the original question I do think Shane could 3 peat, but I doubt he will and I don't think it has much to do with the rack. This is a strong field where top players will meet up earlier in the tournament making it a tougher test.

As for all this stuff about rack rigging and whatever my take on it is that there isn't as much to it as a lot of people want to believe. Granted I don't have experience on the pro pool scene, but I have experience in highly competitive environments. When I was a manager in a very busy collections call center the top performers made big bonuses and were always celebrated. As a consequence a lot of the people who weren't top performers were jealous and constantly accuse them of cheating in some form or fashion. After all no one could be that much better than them right?? Wrong. In every instance these people were under scrutiny and passed with flying colors. Their technique and ability was just at another level. I think that's a lot of what you're seeing here with people accusing some, including Shane, of rack rigging. Is it possible? Sure it is. Is it as widespread and key to their success as some would have you believe? I don't think so.

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
Just make it the US Open 10-Ball already.

Mark Griffin has the rights to us open 10 ball and a few people didn't bow at his feet so he took them a locked them away never to be seen again. . All we have now is Barry and his drunk ramblings at the finale

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Mark Griffin has the rights to us open 10 ball and a few people didn't bow at his feet so he took them a locked them away never to be seen again. . All we have now is Barry and his drunk ramblings at the finale

Rack 10 balls. Call the 10-ball the Joker.
After the break, it's taken off the table . If you pocket it , it counts as a ball made.

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
Rack 10 balls. Call the 10-ball the Joker.
After the break, it's taken off the table . If you pocket it , it counts as a ball made.

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard, you are aware this is one of the most prestigious events in the world right

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard, you are aware this is one of the most prestigious events in the world right

It was considered for the world 9-ball.
Putting the 9-ball on the spot is dumb too.
The rack should not over the foot spot by more than half a ball imo.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
He may and he may not...

He might three peat and he might not, one thing I think is certain though, if he does manage to three peat, he will establish himself definitively as one of the all time rotation games greats...especially considering the format change for the breaking...

Jaden

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the new racking rules will svb 3 peat this year? I'm sure he has already figured out how to set this rack up a cheat like he always does

I thought it was Mike Dechaine and Corey Duel that cheated during the break? Or does anyone that make a ball on the break and get position cheating?

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any game that is rack your own you have to fancy svb any game not rack your own then I like all of the top pros but svb

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
I thought it was Mike Dechaine and Corey Duel that cheated during the break? Or does anyone that make a ball on the break and get position cheating?

Shane is pools golden boy so he gets. A pass. . Check out the finals of last year's derby city even the announcer pointed it out because it was so obvious

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Joey said... 9 ball has been a joke for years..imo its ruining all other 'respectable games' in pool that deserve the time in the spotlight. Gone are our 'TV days' with big sponsors that need commercial time spots that need a modified 'chopped up' game... We are a 'content driven' specialize group. Give us skilled based CONTENT worth watching.

Make all profession events 10 ball *(with the break from the box and 3 above the head string) AND hell, even rack the 10 on the spot. Lets MOVE Forward and get out of the gaft 9-ball game all together. And You wonder why all the named players listed (and even semi pro's) NOT playing don't want to pay for a crappy game... They could Double the interest (even at that price) in the US Open if they would stop trying to force feed us this terrible 9-ball game by changing all of the stupid rules... just let it Die.

btw...American Rotation (by Joe Tucker) also offers a level playing field...ya gotta check it out. Awesome game that everyone can respect and 'compete fairly'. :thumbup:

Randy

Just make it the US Open 10-Ball already.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Shane is pools golden boy so he gets. A pass. . Check out the finals of last year's derby city even the announcer pointed it out because it was so obvious

Even if he's not racking, it looks suspicious to me.
Alcano could not make a ball against him in the finals one time.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if SVB only wins because of his break, why does he win one pocket tournaments? At one time he was considered best in the world at that discipline. For those crying cheat, all his opponents tried to copy his break, and couldn't do it. I don't think they couldn't copy it because of lack of talent; more likely Mr. Van Boening spent a lot more time working on his break. If the rack was that easy to rig, every player would rig it.