Help Finding a Table

jayshonsykes

Registered
Hey everyone,

I just moved into my first home and am looking for a table.

I am narrowing it down to an 8x4 table with a budget of $2k-$3k.

So far, I have come across local spots that are selling American Heritage and Golden West tables in my budget. However, I'm wondering if I should try to find a used table on Craigslist.

One example is this table: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/d/colorado-springs-pool-table/7156654607.html

I am in the Denver area and don't mind traveling for the best deal.

I'm aware that Diamond and Brunswick, among a few other notable brands, are likely my best options. Should I stick with one of the trusted companies? Should I look to buy used?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

So far, I have come across local spots that are selling American Heritage and Golden West tables in my budget. However, I'm wondering if I should try to find a used table on Craigslist.

One example is this table: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/d/colorado-springs-pool-table/7156654607.html

I'm aware that Diamond and Brunswick, among a few other notable brands, are likely my best options. Should I stick with one of the trusted companies? Should I look to buy used?

Look for a good used Gold Crown (a good one will go for $1500-2,000). Then you will have a REAL pool table and not a piece of furniture you can roll balls on. :wink:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Jay - hold out until you find a good deal on a used 9-foot gold crown, and you’ll need at least 15‘ x 19‘. Keep in mind in addition to the sale price, you’ll need to add another $1000-$1500 for moving, professional installation, new Simonis cloth, and possibly new cushion rubbers. Then you will have a table that will play far superior to any furniture style table could ever dream of playing.

Last edited:

jayshonsykes

Registered
I agree with Jay - hold out until you find a good deal on a used 9-foot gold crown, and you’ll need at least 15‘ x 19‘. Keep in mind in addition to the sale price, you’ll need to add another $1000-$1500 for moving, professional installation, new Simonis cloth, and possibly new cushion rubbers. Then you will have a table that will play far superior to any furniture style table could ever dream of playing.

Thanks guys for the info - I will keep my eye out for any used Gold Crowns.

I'll for sure write off getting an American Heritage or Golden West, but is that Connelly that I linked not a good table?

I am itching to get a table so hopefully one pops up soon - currently there are no Gold Crowns on Craigslist in the area.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys for the info - I will keep my eye out for any used Gold Crowns.

I'll for sure write off getting an American Heritage or Golden West, but is that Connelly that I linked not a good table?

I am itching to get a table so hopefully one pops up soon - currently there are no Gold Crowns on Craigslist in the area.
Connelly - yes, better quality than an Asian import table, but still a furniture style table. In fact the lower price point Connelly tables most likely are Asian import tables.

Last edited:

lawlist

Registered
I would knock down a wall, if necessary, to make room for a 9ft Gold Crown. [Consult an architect first, however, to ascertain whether it is load-bearing and what may be needed to reinforce the structure; e.g., installation of overhead support beams, etc.]

Last edited:

jayshonsykes

Registered
I would knock down a wall, if necessary, to make room for a 9ft Gold Crown. [Consult an architect first, however, to ascertain whether it is load-bearing and what may be needed to reinforce the structure; e.g., installation of overhead support beams, etc.]

Unfortunately, I won't be able to knock down any walls.

The full room is 23'x13'6" so I am already stretching it with an 8' table.

It appears that the unanimous decision is to wait until a Gold Crown pops up, but I'm not sure how common 8' GC's are, especially in my area.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It appears that the unanimous decision is to wait until a Gold Crown pops up, but I'm not sure how common 8' GC's are, especially in my area.
The 13‘6“ width is new information not in your initial posting. Very unlikely you’ll find an 8 foot used Gold Crown. You need to find a new house.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They make 8' Diamond tables also, but about as likely to find as an 8' GC, and would be a lot more money I would guess.

samy1969

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you’ll find an oversized 8’ gold crown 3 for under $1,500 that’s smoke free and in good shape. So keep looking and don’t rush into something. Also call the local pool rooms and social clubs because sometimes they have spare tables they’re willing to part with for $1,000.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Fb

You need to expand your search area, and it's best to do so on Facebook Marketplace. You may find a Brunswick Medalist in 8 feet.
Good luck!

jayshonsykes

Registered
The 13‘6“ width is new information not in your initial posting. Very unlikely you’ll find an 8 foot used Gold Crown. You need to find a new house.

I stated that I am specifically looking for an 8' table in my initial post. Thanks for the tip - I will find a new house immediately after purchasing my first house.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stated that I am specifically looking for an 8' table in my initial post. Thanks for the tip - I will find a new house immediately after purchasing my first house.
Quite honestly 13‘6“ room width is not sufficient for an 8 foot table. That would be the minimum width needed for a 7 foot table.

terpdad

Registered
I went through this exercise a year ago. Craigslist is hit & miss but can be a good option if you can find a good mover & installer. Your local shop may sell used tables in the back- mine does & that's where I got my used Brunswick. Brunswick, Olhausen, Connely, Diamond are all good brands. AMF Playmasters are great tables that don't have the same name recognition & can often be had for less.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8' Gold Crown

I waited for an 8' GCIII and then had it worked on by Trent fromToledo. Plays great!
Most importantly it fits my room and I play every day!!

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Trent

Perhaps your best bet is to just call Trent and have him keep an eye out for you.
Trent McRitchie 419-491-7476
Maybe he already knows where one is.
Paul

Hey everyone,