Old
  (#181)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-15-2019, 04:24 PM

Thanks to some help from Rexus I was able to pull this off using a buffer and some polishing compound (to say I'm thrilled would be putting it lightly):

Before A:

Name:  before1.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  94.7 KB

After A:

Name:  after1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  103.0 KB

Before B:

Name:  before2.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  111.8 KB

After B:

Name:  after2.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  110.0 KB

Old
  (#182)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

09-15-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post
Thanks to some help from Rexus I was able to pull this off using a buffer and some polishing compound (to say I'm thrilled would be putting it lightly):

Before A:

Attachment 529893

After A:

Attachment 529894

Before B:

Attachment 529896

After B:

Attachment 529895
Looks good, man! Glad I could help.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#183)
GreenDean
AzB Bronze Member
GreenDean is on a distinguished road

09-17-2019, 07:35 AM

Any particular polishing compound you used? Thanks and great restore.

Old
  (#184)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 01:44 PM

Here you go GreenDean.

I worked each rail for 3-4 minutes, 3 dabs on the buffing pad. Then wiped down with a microfibre cloth - all per Rexus. As you can see worked great.

Used a Griots random orbital polisher with an orange buffing pad and this:

Name:  megs.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  91.2 KB

Old
  (#185)
Baby Huey
AzB Silver Member
Baby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 11:17 AM

Scott, good job so far. Please invite Dave and me to your "Man Cave" when you are finished. I restored a GC 1 many years ago and I used a local Body and Fender shop for the paint job. I had them paint it black with an oil based lacquer which may not be available now in Cali due to emission standards. Lastly I have unused sets of pockets for GC 1,2s and 3s if you need some assuming it has a ball return system. All you need now is the accompanying original chairs with that were locked together with a drink and food holder. I saw one on AZBillards a few years ago. Very cool indeed. Keep it going my friend.

Old
  (#186)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
Scott, good job so far. Please invite Dave and me to your "Man Cave" when you are finished. I restored a GC 1 many years ago and I used a local Body and Fender shop for the paint job. I had them paint it black with an oil based lacquer which may not be available now in Cali due to emission standards. Lastly I have unused sets of pockets for GC 1,2s and 3s if you need some assuming it has a ball return system. All you need now is the accompanying original chairs with that were locked together with a drink and food holder. I saw one on AZBillards a few years ago. Very cool indeed. Keep it going my friend.
Thanks, Jerry! I will most certainly have you and Dave over once completed. I am not going the auto paint route but a very durable paint nevertheless. As you know, oil is hard to come by in CA nowadays. I'm using Sherwin Williams Emerald Urethane Enamel which the tout as a hybrid; low VOC, water clean up, dries as hard as oil. I can attest to that as my pedestals, runner, ball box and skirts all have a very hard finish which should be very durable. My painter has used this paint in high traffic areas and he reports it has held up nicely. I'm having difficulty laying down the blue on the aprons though so he will spray the final couple coats for me because after 4 attempts, I've run out of patience and simply want it down. It's rather annoying considering I got a great finish on the white pieces but the blue doesn't want to lay down smooth. Oh, well.

Thanks for the offer on the pockets but my table doesn't have ball return.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Last edited by rexus31; 09-21-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Old
  (#187)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 12:00 PM

The other table my buddy (@pocket) got was missing the skirts but he was able to source a set however, a couple of the long pieces were missing the mounting tabs; most likely broken due to improper removal. I helped him out and recreated them using a template made from thin cardboard traced from one of my skirts. Once the template was properly positioned on the skirt(s), I sandwiched it between layers of JB Weld then finished it up with some Bondo putty. I think they came out good. I'm waiting for the mating pieces to drill the holes so he can use hardware or RKC's clip method. These are very solid and should hold up well.

Piece 1 Before:

Piece 1 After:

Piece 2 Before:

Piece 2 After:

Last edited by rexus31; 09-21-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Old
  (#188)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

09-21-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
The other table my buddy (@pocket) got was missing the skirts but he was able to source a set however, a couple of the long pieces were missing the mounting tabs; most likely broken due to improper removal. I helped him out and recreated them using a template traced from one of my skirts onto a thin piece of cardboard. Once positioned on his skirt(s), I sandwiched it between layers of JB Weld then finished it up with some Bondo puddy. I think they came out good. I'm waiting for the mating pieces to drill the holes so he can use hardware or RKC's clip method. These are very solid and should hold up well.

Piece 1 Before:

Piece 1 After:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48770499263_bc9f8dd560_h.jpg[/img

Piece 2 Before:

Piece 2 After:

Fiberglass mesh, and resin works wonders😎

Old
  (#189)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 12:18 PM

In keeping with the skirts theme, I decided to test fit my skirts to the aprons. I'm glad I did. The joint on the skirts for the head apron were overlapping by at least 1/4". Some patience, Blue Painter's Tape, a Dremel tool and a file fixed that. The joint is now very nice. Sorry, I forgot to snap a pic before.

The long apron skirts all fit very nicely but I did discover they are side specific; screw holes are exclusive to each panel.

Last edited by rexus31; 09-21-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Old
  (#190)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

09-21-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post

Before A:

Attachment 529893

After A:

Attachment 529894

Before B:

Attachment 529896

After B:

Attachment 529895
Looks great Raffster!!!

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#191)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

09-21-2019, 12:30 PM

Lexus... you should talk to Donny about doing your rails... I am pretty sure that is who RKC subs out all his rail work to anyways...

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#192)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
Lexus... you should talk to Donny about doing your rails... I am pretty sure that is who RKC subs out all his rail work to anyways...
LMAO!!! I'm patiently waiting for Steve.

Old
  (#193)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Fiberglass mesh, and resin works wonders😎
As does perforated cardboard and JB Weld! LOL.

Old
  (#194)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

09-21-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
As does perforated cardboard and JB Weld! LOL.
Sure glad they don't use that method to do body repair on corvettes....LOL

Old
  (#195)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Sure glad they don't use that method to do body repair on corvettes....LOL
Glen, it's a plastic piece on a pool table that stays inside and gets no wear and tear. Next time a thread is started to rebuild a Corvette your comment will be very helpful.

Scott, looks great, thanks for sharing the process.

Page 13 of 22 « First 3111213 1415 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: