Anyone know this room?

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
My son, while on a business trip to Richmond, VA, shot me this pic thinking I would get a kick out of it. I did and I hope some of you do also. Anyone know this room? I'd love to see the inside.
IMG_3462.jpg

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a very well known room. I believe it has been opened a few years now and the place is top notch. Plenty of videos on youtube about it.

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice newer, well maintained, old-school style spot. I go there every time I go to Richmond. Never seen anything that looked like action there. I think the only league they have is straight pool and I don’t think they do any tournaments. They occasionally give off a pretentious Richmond hipster vibe, but that isn’t a deal breaker. It’s a great place to hit some if you’re in the area.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I know people who know the owner. Jim Gottier used to be a regular at Amsterdam Billiards in NYC, played in the 14.1 league. I heard he's a nice guy.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know people who know the owner. Jim Gottier used to be a regular at Amsterdam Billiards in NYC, played in the 14.1 league. I heard he's a nice guy.

I know Jim quite well. He's a terrific guy and I'm happy to see him with such a nice place. He can play a little too. Definitely a 100 ball runner at 14.1.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Wow! choice room.
Looks like a cue extension might come in handy for short players to use the scoring beads:p

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I know Jim quite well. He's a terrific guy and I'm happy to see him with such a nice place. He can play a little too. Definitely a 100 ball runner at 14.1.

Ditto. I knew Jim for years when he played at the Amsterdam Billiard Club and I also saw him competing in numerous 14.1 events. He was a very skillful player and one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. Amsterdam used to have all of Dan Barouty, Tony Robles, Steve Lipsky and Jim Gottier among its regulars, so if you felt the urge to take some lumps at 14.1, the opportunities were plentiful. Like the three other guys, Jim was a good ambassador for straight pool in the New York City area.

I'm sure his standards are high in running his room in Richmond. All of us who knew him well in his New York City days are rooting for him and wishing him well.

Hoping to see Jim at the upcoming event in Chesapeake --- I've run into him there before.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've played him a couple times and he can shoot back if given the opportunity.

He is an extremely nice person and knows exactly how a room should be run in this modern day world.

Been there three or four times and as a poster above said, there isn't a lot of action "in general" but, anything can be acquired and as you know action can be found there, all you have to do is call ahead of time. Trust me, action can be had.

Jeff