OB Cues shutting down?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I wouldn't be shocked.
Cue manufacturing in the US is a tough business.
When Royce passed on, he left an irreplaceable person in that company.

Last edited:

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn’t be surprised at all. After calling and emailing them on multiple occasions recently regarding an issue with my DigiCue Blue, I was finally informed that they no longer provide any technical support for that product. I loved the device, but now it’s practically useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it sure surprises me
ob was great for pool and Don Owen is a good man for sure

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I heard second hand information today that they filled for bankruptcy.

Larry

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm, I just bought an OB shaft, so much for that warranty. I’ll be watching this thread closely.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have NOT yet heard this, until now. I am sure you can imagine my surprise.

I am a full time robotics engineer and have a demanding schedule, but as the inventor I can provide some tech support via PMs and emails until this is sorted. I apologize in advance for any delay I may have in responding.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To bad..

I hate to see a cue business fall on bad times. I have a 30" OB Classic with a 12.5 tip. Better drag it back out and spin some balls.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 2 years ago I ordered a cue from them with a 30" shaft. I was required to put down half the money, $350 deposit, and pay the balance when the cue was finished. I was good with all that.
I was told this process would take about a month since the 30" shaft was a special order. I was ok with that, no hurry. After about 6 weeks, I called and was told it would be another month due to the first shaft not coming out the way they would like. Ok, like I previously mentioned, no hurry.
Another month goes by and I got another excuse. Now I'm getting a little concerned. After about 3 months I call again. This time I was told by somebody who really seemed to know the process that my order was pushed back due to previous orders. It makes sense but why wasn't I told this at the beginning?
Anyhoo, after about 6 months, I finally told them to just cancel the order and put the $350 credit back on my card. I was told this process would take up to a week. I was credited and haven't thought much about it since.
I do wonder though, how many people have given them a deposit for a cue and will they get their deposit money back?

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago... OB was all that I would use. I loved their cues. It makes me sad to see a business go under.

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did you get paid in full for your work on the DigiCue?

I have NOT yet heard this, until now. I am sure you can imagine my surprise.

I am a full time robotics engineer and have a demanding schedule, but as the inventor I can provide some tech support via PMs and emails until this is sorted. I apologize in advance for any delay I may have in responding.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bankruptcy doesn't mean going out of busineess
look at Trump

sometimes it means re-organizing

kinda like when a pool player decides to get a new stakehorse,sometimes the old stakehorse
loses money on the last effort

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard this morning that it’s over for OB. Shut down. Investors pulled the plug.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Low demand?
Bad marketing?
Too hard to produce?
Too many refunds?
Never reached critical mass?
No longer Royce's baby. Or anyone's baby?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Low demand?
Bad marketing?
Too hard to produce?
Too many refunds?
Never reached critical mass?
No longer Royce's baby. Or anyone's baby?
Just my take but when Royce was there HE ran the place. When he passed it seemed like there were too many cooks in the kitchen. No real direction. They have a nice facility in Plano. Hope to see someone take it over.