John Schmidt at BullShooters

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmiidt began his quest to beat Mosconi's record yesterday at BullShooters in Phoenix. His first attempt was 179. For the day he had 4 runs over 100 and finished the day with a lofty run of 384 that featured a few amazing shots to keep the run alive.

He continues today at noon Az time. There is some streaming on facebook ( idon't know the link). He will play Sunday through Thursday 12-6 until April 16. Come on down and support John in his lifelong dream, you won't be disappointed.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The high runs for Sunday were 141,141,156,164,197. John was close to anther century when he missed a ball in hand behind the line break shot. He said that was the first break shot in probably 600 that he had missed. When I asked him later he said that number was probably correct. John's runs usually end due to getting buried in the stack off a break or absolutely no shot from up table after a thinner break. He has missed very,very few shots and has come with many 10+ difficulty rating shots. The table and balls are playing great. No rolloffs. It's gonna happen!

Last edited:

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Union of billiard balls organize work slow down, refuse to cooperate with management's goals. High run of day 4 dips to 193, and 3 more runs over 100.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another tough day on Wednesday. High run of 141, ten racks and the break ball. It was the 5th 141. Also 3 more runs over 100 for a total of 27 in 6 days playing 6 hours a day.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The more I read about his daily high runs,which are very impressive the more I marvel over the 526.
It may never be broken.
And i think Mosconi said his own personal high run was 608 or so.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tres,

Thanks for the daily updates. It's amazing how many runs of 100 or more John has chalked up. Over 27 so far and he is still going. Most pool players never hit a 100 ball run in their lifetime.
Makes me want to start practicing some 14.1
Would be nice to break 100 at least once before I can't see the balls any more.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 7 saw only 3 runs over 100 but 2 were 197 and 190. John decided today to experiment using the 15 ball Magic rack. That lasted about and hour and he went to the old standby of just using the rack. He was able to rack faster which seemed to suit his personal rhythm and allowed him to make longer runs than had in the last few days. Tune in Sunday the good stuff is coming.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
john must be off his game.....he hasnt run over 200 in a few days....:lol:
just kidding of course
go john... hope you get the new record......:)

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been meaning to ask, but what are the conditions? I'm sure the place is hot as heck seeing as it is in Arizona. What kind of table or being played on and size pockets? Anything else that should be pointed out?

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Four runs over 100 today including an amazing 293. 20+ perfect racks ended by a heartbreaking scratching the side while trying to get perfect on a break ball.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw the last half of the 293. He is world class obviously.
Wish he’d slow down a little, but to each his own.
Is that a SARDO rack? Haven’t seen that in a few years.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John started the day with a run of 100 followed by 141 and then 175. 416 balls seperated by 2 mistakes. For the day he finished with 6 runs over 100, one of them a run of 227. He also had 2 98's and a 99. A pretty good day.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw the last half of the 293. He is world class obviously.
Wish he’d slow down a little, but to each his own.
Is that a SARDO rack? Haven’t seen that in a few years.

John always plays pretty fast and in this case it's a good idea because it gets him a lot of runs per day.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today day 11 saw 3 runs over 100 with high of 204. He will play Thursday and then have 2 days off.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sunday day 13 saw two runs over 100, but what runs 283 and a stratospheric 350. The 350 ended with a scratch on the 26th breakshot . After making the ball the cue ball drove through the rack like Moses and then into the corner pocket. Heartbreaking. Tune in tomorrow noon Az time.