Leather Wraps

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who does the best leather wraps in your opinion ? Thnx

Find a cue maker with the proper equipment, expertise, and inventory to handle the niche market of leather wraps.

Billiardbills.com out of Ft Myers FL is a great starting point. He's done leather wrap work for me and it is first class craftsmanship.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Nitti has done many wraps for me and they all turn out great, I would look locally first then if you can't find a local guy, send it to Chris in Orlando.
Tom

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan(RAT Cues) really does killer stack wraps. To be honest, most good makers can do good leather wraps. My local guy, Eddie Farris, is really good at them. IMO Martin at Superior has the nicest wraps. The spanish bull Eddie put on my Mezz is really nice.

SeaBrisket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ned Morris did a really nice stacked leather for me and I've seen poor jobs to compare it to. Ned's a perfectionist.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Ryan(RAT Cues) really does killer stack wraps. To be honest, most good makers can do good leather wraps. My local guy, Eddie Farris, is really good at them. IMO Martin at Superior has the nicest wraps. The spanish bull Eddie put on my Mezz is really nice.

+1 on Ryan :thumbup:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gulyassy cue with the best leather wrapping job I've ever seen. You almost need a microscope to find the seam.

When I got the cue, it took me a long time of turning the cue, holding it up to the light, and some serious squinting before I ever found the seam. It looks so good, I almost thought it was some kind of one-piece wrap that was slipped over the cue.

Somebody mentioned Richard Black in an earlier post. I had Richard make me my first leather-wrapped cue back in 1981. Richard did a good job, but the difference between the leather job on that cue and the Gulyassy is night and day.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
+3 on Lomax and Tascarella does them perfect, too.

Like the leather grew there; seam, what seam? :wink:

that guy who makes those Gina cues, he ain't bad either...:)

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gulyassy cue with the best leather wrapping job I've ever seen. You almost need a microscope to find the seam.

When I got the cue, it took me a long time of turning the cue, holding it up to the light, and some serious squinting before I ever found the seam. It looks so good, I almost thought it was some kind of one-piece wrap that was slipped over the cue.

Somebody mentioned Richard Black in an earlier post. I had Richard make me my first leather-wrapped cue back in 1981. Richard did a good job, but the difference between the leather job on that cue and the Gulyassy is night and day.

+1 on Gulyassy leather wrap installations.

Keith

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Gina cue if you can get a hold of him.
Everyone else is playing second.

Tascarella, the best in soft leather.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd guess he probably farms them out to his apprentice, based off what has been said about him not touching stuff unless it is high dollar.