Blackjack Lessons
Old
  (#1)
Johnny "V"
AzB Silver Member
Johnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Blackjack Lessons - 03-09-2008, 12:18 PM

Spent a couple of hours with Blackjack yesterday. Most of what he said made sense. (Don't laugh at the obviousness of the next statement) My game usually consists of being one shot away from a runout mostly because of position. (insert duh here). He pointed out that my stance was not comfortable and I drop my elbow a lot. I concentrated on keeping the elbow up and getting in a more comfortable stance and I noticed that my stroke felt better. Not a magical cure but something to work on. He showed me some drills to work on my postitioning and safety play. Also a couple to relax, get a feel for the table I am about to play on and get into the right mindset to play.

It was so much information that I had to write down what I knew I would not be able to remember. Wish I could have stayed longer but I had some obligations.

I would write more but man am I hung over from Mardi Gras last night in Cocoa.

I will close with... if you get a chance to meet up with Blackjack he has a wealth of info and is worth double the money he charges (don't get any ideas David). Just don't schedule a time that conflicts with my next lesson.

JV<---- Feeding the Panther.

Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat

Check out my pool table project... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/pooltable. Be sure to visit my sponsors... They are the ones that make the site available for free.

I have a new project that lets cue customers tell the cuemaker exactly what they want... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/bactemp99/bac.asp. If you would like it on your site or want to host on mine please PM or contact me via email: john@kirchelconsulting.com

Old
  (#2)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

03-09-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "V"
Spent a couple of hours with Blackjack yesterday. Most of what he said made sense. (Don't laugh at the obviousness of the next statement) My game usually consists of being one shot away from a runout mostly because of position. (insert duh here). He pointed out that my stance was not comfortable and I drop my elbow a lot. I concentrated on keeping the elbow up and getting in a more comfortable stance and I noticed that my stroke felt better. Not a magical cure but something to work on. He showed me some drills to work on my postitioning and safety play. Also a couple to relax, get a feel for the table I am about to play on and get into the right mindset to play.

It was so much information that I had to write down what I knew I would not be able to remember. Wish I could have stayed longer but I had some obligations.

I would write more but man am I hung over from Mardi Gras last night in Cocoa.

I will close with... if you get a chance to meet up with Blackjack he has a wealth of info and is worth double the money he charges (don't get any ideas David). Just don't schedule a time that conflicts with my next lesson.

JV<---- Feeding the Panther.
Not surprising. I've learned more from BJ's posts than anyone else on this forum.

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Old
  (#3)
Big Perm
1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Big Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 625

03-09-2008, 12:23 PM

X2 - I had a chance to spend a few hours with Blackjack when I lived in Florida.....learned a lot during the lesson and he really went above and beyond to help me afterwards....just a great guy with a lot to share...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
Welcome Teach....to the class that is always open 24/7 where one is free to suggest subjects for class discussion or to merely browse through the multitude of pages for your reading enjoyment...
AC Tru-Balance Conversion w/ OB Shafts
Cuephoric Dufferin Conversion w/ Owens Shaft
The original CHALK NINJA

Old
  (#4)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
03-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm
Not surprising. I've learned more from BJ's posts than anyone else on this forum.
I can say the same thing. Blackjack's posts always get my fullest attention. Would love to get to Fla. one day and spend some time picking his brain.

Old
  (#5)
SPINDOKTOR
lool wtf??
SPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond reputeSPINDOKTOR has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2008, 02:25 PM

I highly recomend Blackjack for advanced lessons, not just the basics... A Player, a teacher, and a coach.

SPINDOKTOR

DEALER FOR: FURY CUES
pm for quotes

Old
  (#6)
Gregg
AzB Silver Member
Gregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond reputeGregg has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE
I can say the same thing. Blackjack's posts always get my fullest attention. Would love to get to Fla. one day and spend some time picking his brain.
Exactly...If BlackJack is half as helpful as he is here on an other MBs, I'm sure he worth whatever price is asking.

Playing Cue: Samsara w/matched 314 (aka "Predator Cheat Stick") Sniper Tip
Jump/Break Cue: Sledgehammer
Hours of Pool: Whatever is fun for me, about 10

Old
  (#7)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-09-2008, 06:38 PM

Blackjack is a fellow instructor, and a friend of mine. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering pool lessons at any level, including professionals. He has years of experience, plenty of wisdom about the games, and good communication skills (one of the most important assets of a good instructor).

David...I hope to see you in FL, while I am down there for the month of April, vacationing with Patti!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Old
  (#8)
chas1022
AzB Silver Member
chas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2008, 03:22 PM

I've talked to Black Jack a few times.He is a nice guy and willing to help anyone that contacts him.His post are some of the best to read .He puts so much information out there.I can only imagine what its like to learn from him one on one.For beginners like me he's a great help ,so thanks Black Jack.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: