Reload this Page MMA? Kimbo Slice!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
MMA? Kimbo Slice!
Old
  (#1)
PROG8R
Gator Nation
PROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

MMA? Kimbo Slice! - 05-20-2008, 11:20 AM

I was just reading around and came across an article that has Tito Ortiz and Kimbo Slice slated to fight down the road after Tito's fight against the Dragon on Sat. night. Come Sunday Tito is out of the UFC again and hooking up with strikeforce. I saw Kimbo Slice fight once (on youtube) and he looked almost unbeatable. I dont think Tito has a shot in He*L of winning this thing. There are pics of Kimbo punishing Tank Abbott. He has also been getting trained by the one and only Bas Rutten.

Whada ya think? He looks like a heavy weight contender for sure.

Mr. HE15MAN.
GATORNATION

"Giving freakishly competitive Tebow extra motivational fuel is like giving John Daly the keys to a Krispy Kreme bakery and a bottle of scotch. Very bad idea." Pat Forde ESPN analyst.

Old
  (#2)
SphinxnihpS
Banned
SphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant futureSphinxnihpS has a brilliant future

05-20-2008, 11:37 AM

I saw him get beat by a cop named Shaun Gannon.

Tito is another over the hill UFC type. Should be a good match, but I don't see Kimbo getting to the top even if he gets by Ortiz.

Loved Kimbo's first street fight though- popped the guy's eye out, eww!

Old
  (#3)
PROG8R
Gator Nation
PROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond reputePROG8R has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinxnihpS
I saw him get beat by a cop named Shaun Gannon.

Tito is another over the hill UFC type. Should be a good match, but I don't see Kimbo getting to the top even if he gets by Ortiz.

Loved Kimbo's first street fight though- popped the guy's eye out, eww!
I heard that Gannon beat him as well. I will watch that fight tonight. According to what was written about it there are actually rules to the brawls (no choking, knees, etc,,,) they both agreed and I guess from what I read it got too hairy for Gannon and he clinched used knees and a guiliteen (sp) choke to win. He will accept a rematch.

Kimbo isnt as old as I thought, 34 now? and he is 3-0 in MMA so far. With Bas in the corner he could become quite a dangerous monster.
just looking at him makes me crap myself.

Mr. HE15MAN.
GATORNATION

"Giving freakishly competitive Tebow extra motivational fuel is like giving John Daly the keys to a Krispy Kreme bakery and a bottle of scotch. Very bad idea." Pat Forde ESPN analyst.

Old
  (#4)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

05-20-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROG8R
I heard that Gannon beat him as well. I will watch that fight tonight. According to what was written about it there are actually rules to the brawls (no choking, knees, etc,,,) they both agreed and I guess from what I read it got too hairy for Gannon and he clinched used knees and a guiliteen (sp) choke to win. He will accept a rematch.

Kimbo isnt as old as I thought, 34 now? and he is 3-0 in MMA so far. With Bas in the corner he could become quite a dangerous monster.
just looking at him makes me crap myself.
Gannon made him quit. Gannon could have choked him out but his posse broke it up. They went at it again and Kimbo gassed out.
Kimbo beat grampa Ray Mercer and the losingest ufc'r ever Tankless Abbott.
He won't beat top MMA'rs imo. He'd get whacked at Pride easily.
I believe the promotion who signed Kimbo are almost bankrupt. They've been talking about fighting Mike Tyson too. Ain't gonna happen of course.

Old
  (#5)
DiamondDave
Yes, I rather like Snake!
DiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Kimbo, if nothing else, is very interesting and dangerous. He's learned enough MMA skills to I think be a force to be reckoned with. He's one of those guys that if he is able to land a punch at maybe 75% you'll be stunned and he'll follow that up with enough to put you to sleep. Its easy to say there are people better than him but I'd like to have this discussion: First lets not worry about who would beat him. The real question is what is your strategy going against him? Then, who in the MMA world has those skills and the size and strength to pull it off?

What are the thoughts on those questions? How and then who?

Old
  (#6)
NousDefions
Front Towards Enemy
NousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud of

05-20-2008, 03:42 PM

If the person I respect most in UFC, Bas Rutten, says that Kimbo has the most potential and heart of any fighter he's ever seen, I'm inclined to agree. Of course, he needs to fight someone his level first. He wants to very badly, but EliteXC is more interested in easy opponents he can knock out in 15 seconds.

Old
  (#7)
DiamondDave
DiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond reputeDiamondDave has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefions
If the person I respect most in UFC, Bas Rutten, says that Kimbo has the most potential and heart of any fighter he's ever seen, I'm inclined to agree. Of course, he needs to fight someone his level first. He wants to very badly, but EliteXC is more interested in easy opponents he can knock out in 15 seconds.
I'll agree with that completely!

Old
  (#8)
NousDefions
Front Towards Enemy
NousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud ofNousDefions has much to be proud of

05-20-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDave
I'll agree with that completely!
With regards to your other questions about what kind of fighter can beat Kimbo, I think the answer depends on how good Kimbo's counter-grappling becomes. Look at the Lesnar/Mir fight. Lesnar OWNED that fight from the beginning due to his strength and striking ability, but he got sloppy and let Mir have the easy leg lock. I think something very similar could happen with Kimbo. I think someone with good kicking/grappling abilities might give him a run, like Brandon Vera.

That said, a Lesnar/Kimbo matchup would be a slugfest for the ages.

Old
  (#9)
chas1022
AzB Silver Member
chas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 06:58 PM

Kimbo is tough .Hes being schooled like upcoming boxers by fighting weaker fighters.Each fighter was good once but can still give an inexperienced fighter problems.The young fighter learns from each fight.Now with MMA its different because u can lose so many ways.The difference is Kimbo will find that there are a lot of Heavyweights that are in shape and can fight.I don't believe he will rise to the top of MMA.

Old
  (#10)
bamadog
AzB Silver Member
bamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I saw Kimbo Slice fight once (on youtube) and he looked almost unbeatable. I dont think Tito has a shot in He*L of winning this thing.
If this fight gets scheduled, PM me. I'd like to bet on Tito.

Old
  (#11)
DiamondDave

05-20-2008, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't be interested in betting but Tito is giving up 30+ pound and has a healthy strength disadvantage. Having said that, nobody with a tenth of a brain would give Kimbo the skill advantage. So you have size and strength on one side and skill on the other. To me the X factor is Bas Rutten. If he can properly train and prepare Kimbo for the fight, we may just see an upset. It could even be pretty one sided. He's already been learning a lot of ground fighting. Time will tell. I think if nothing else Kimbo should be remembered for his heart because I don't think anyone out there can come close to him in that regard.

Old
  (#12)
powerlineman80
AzB Silver Member
powerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to powerlineman80  
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM

People have to realize Saturday night will only be Kimbo's 3rd professional MMA fight. You cant expect him to beat the big dogs right off the bat.

BTW-Tito is a 205 fighter, Kimbo is a HW fighter so unless Tito pumps up some poundage he will never fight Kimbo. They would not be able to fight in the U.S. because of the weight disadvantage. I doubt Tito would want to move to HW because EliteXC is weak at 205.

Honestly I'd love to see Kimbo fight Cro Cop or Kongo. Both would stand with Kimbo and would make it an interesting fight.

Bas will have Kimbo into a nasty fighter in a few years, but it will not happen overnight. Kimbo is nowhere near a top 10 HW, but he could be if he continues to learn. He has the best coach in MMA IMHO.

Its true Gannon beat him badly (of course Kimbo had NO training in that fight) but a rematch would not be good for Gannon. Kimbo is 3 times the fighter he was in that match.

Playing Cues: #1 Meucci 95-17 19oz. with Moori Soft (Pre-Dot Shaft)
#2 Meucci 95-8 with Moori Soft Tip (Pre-Dot Shaft)
#3 Jim Lee Titlist Tribute w/Tulipwood with 2 shafts. Pics soon.
Break Cue: J&J 2719 19oz.

Old
  (#13)
DiamondDave

05-21-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlineman80
Its true Gannon beat him badly (of course Kimbo had NO training in that fight) but a rematch would not be good for Gannon. Kimbo is 3 times the fighter he was in that match.
Indeed indeed!

Old
  (#14)
PROG8R
Gator Nation

05-21-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlineman80
People have to realize Saturday night will only be Kimbo's 3rd professional MMA fight. You cant expect him to beat the big dogs right off the bat.

BTW-Tito is a 205 fighter, Kimbo is a HW fighter so unless Tito pumps up some poundage he will never fight Kimbo. They would not be able to fight in the U.S. because of the weight disadvantage. I doubt Tito would want to move to HW because EliteXC is weak at 205.

Honestly I'd love to see Kimbo fight Cro Cop or Kongo. Both would stand with Kimbo and would make it an interesting fight.

Bas will have Kimbo into a nasty fighter in a few years, but it will not happen overnight. Kimbo is nowhere near a top 10 HW, but he could be if he continues to learn. He has the best coach in MMA IMHO.

I understand the two different weight classes thing, but what about Randy C? He has beaten Tito and Chuck, then lost to Chuck twice, now he is the or was the HWT UFC champ. He did not have to jump up that much in weight did he?

I do agree after watching the Gannon fight that Kimbo would kill him if they rematched. Sean did Cheat (kinda with a choke for like 3 minutes and gassed them both). I dont think he would go into another fight in that poor cardio shape again. He has taken his training very serious in the past 1.5 years he quit smoking and drinking, and is a gym nut now. Bas has him on the right path.

Mr. HE15MAN.
GATORNATION

Old
  (#15)
powerlineman80
AzB Silver Member
powerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond reputepowerlineman80 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to powerlineman80  
05-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I understand the two different weight classes thing, but what about Randy C? He has beaten Tito and Chuck, then lost to Chuck twice, now he is the or was the HWT UFC champ. He did not have to jump up that much in weight did he?
Yes Randy Couture had to drop weight before the weigh-ins and couldnt be over 205. For Couture to compete at HW he's need to be atleast 230. Thats why I think Chuck knocked him out, he was tired on his feet from losing all the weight. If Chuck moved up to HW, Couture would kill him.

Playing Cues: #1 Meucci 95-17 19oz. with Moori Soft (Pre-Dot Shaft)
#2 Meucci 95-8 with Moori Soft Tip (Pre-Dot Shaft)
#3 Jim Lee Titlist Tribute w/Tulipwood with 2 shafts. Pics soon.
Break Cue: J&J 2719 19oz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: