Old
  (#46)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-20-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg
Thanks for easing ONE of my concerns, now I only have TWO more.

By the way, the video is Mrs. Obama.

Jim
HaHa! You mean I have to watch the vid to have an opinion?! Sheeat! Then I quit...!

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#47)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-20-2008, 02:46 PM

What she said after that quote.

http://badamerican.wordpress.com/200...not-patriotic/

"...Then last week Obama’s wife Michelle told voters in Milwaukee, “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change.”

After that comment, Cindy McCain, the wife of presumed GOP nominee Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told a crowd, “I have, and always will be, proud of my country.”..."

dumluk

Last edited by LAMas; 05-20-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Old
  (#48)
DeadPoked
Inadequate User
DeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8200
  Send a message via AIM to DeadPoked  
05-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon
I totally agree that many of the above groups have been treated less than equal in this countries past!!! However, Mrs Obama doesn't come from the working class, and has no ROOT's in that part of the Black community. She comes from the Upper Class of our society, she did not attend public school of a local college. For some one who has the best in life from their birth to make those comments is not taken out of context it is disgraceful.

Just my thoughts, and none of the above is out of context!!!!!!
Source: http://www.squidoo.com/michelle-obam...ures-biography

Born on January 17, 1964, Michelle Robinson was raised in a one-bedroom apartment on Chicago's South Shore.

Of note is that she shared a "bedroom" with her brother, but it wasn't much of a bedroom. It was actually the living room with a divider down the middle. Michelle's father died in 1990 two years before she married Barack, but her mother is still alive and living in the same one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_obama

Michelle Robinson was born in Chicago, Illinois to Frasier Robinson (who died in 1990),[1] a city water plant employee and Democratic precinct captain, and Marian Robinson, a secretary at Spiegel's catalog store

I guess your idea of Upper Class and mine differ slightly. Irregardless, I don't care if you are talking about the richest black person in America, or you are talking about the most poor among them, they've all felt the effects of this countries discrimination towards minorities.

Old
  (#49)
punter
AzB Silver Member
punter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-20-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoked
Michelle's father died in 1990 two years before she married Barack, but her mother is still alive and living in the same one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.
Since Barack and Michelle are now multi-millionaires, why do they let Michelle's mother continue to live under those conditions? What does this say about them? (I am assuming your info is correct.)

Old
  (#50)
DeadPoked
Inadequate User
DeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond reputeDeadPoked has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8200
  Send a message via AIM to DeadPoked  
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter
Since Barack and Michelle are now multi-millionaires, why do they let Michelle's mother continue to live under those conditions? What does this say about them? (I am assuming your info is correct.)
Ahh geez, now they allow their Mother to live in squaller.

Old
  (#51)
punter
AzB Silver Member
punter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Well? It's a legitimate question. You put it out there.

Old
  (#52)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled
HaHa! You mean I have to watch the vid to have an opinion?! Sheeat! Then I quit...!
No, you don't HAVE to watch the video to have an opinion, just a relevant one.

Next time don't shoot, play safe.

Jim

Old
  (#53)
chas1022
AzB Silver Member
chas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 07:18 PM

If Barrack doesn't want his wife attacked ,she shouldn't be out there attacking others.Thats how the liberals operate . Liberals love to call conservatives racists. It changes the whole conversation .If people choose to disagree with Barrack and his wife that doesn't make them racist.I for one am sick of that crap.How is the country suppose to move forward ? Liberals love to blame the USA for everything around the world.If liberals think this country is so bad ,why don't they go to another country?

Old
  (#54)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:

I guess your idea of Upper Class and mine differ slightly. Irregardless, I don't care if you are talking about the richest black person in America, or you are talking about the most poor among them, they've all felt the effects of this countries discrimination towards minorities.
This may well be true. However the Obama's have faced and overcome the adversity in there lives and are now far wealthier than most Americans. The same country in which they experienced discrimination also afforded them the opportunity to rise to the highest rungs of the economic ladder. Tonight Barack is going to announce that he is victorious and is the presumptive democrat nominee for president.
I believe most people think that Mrs. Obama's remarks appear disingenuous considering her status in society.
Will Obama's rise to nominee be greeted as a sign that there is a decline in racism in the US? I doubt it. If he wins the presidency probably not. If he is defeated by McCain it will be said that America has a long way to go because its still a white mans club.
All the while it will be glossed over about how the Obama's rose from their humble beginnings to the highly successful individuals that they are.
You see for some, it is never about being equal. Its about getting even. All you have to do is look across the planet and observe all the blood feuds in progress at this very minute to realize there is some truth to to this statement.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#55)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-20-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Born on January 17, 1964, Michelle Robinson was raised in a one-bedroom apartment on Chicago's South Shore.

Of note is that she shared a "bedroom" with her brother, but it wasn't much of a bedroom. It was actually the living room with a divider down the middle. Michelle's father died in 1990 two years before she married Barack, but her mother is still alive and living in the same one-bedroom apartment, protected by a burglar-proof wrought-iron door and secured windows.

Michelle Robinson was born in Chicago, Illinois to Frasier Robinson (who died in 1990),[1] a city water plant employee and Democratic precinct captain, and Marian Robinson, a secretary at Spiegel's catalog store

Yes you are certain right, here is the Ghetto life style she came from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...edentials.html

Here is the one bedroom apartment where they all lived!!!

Name:  2Obama.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  54.7 KB

For me yes that is high class, because I did come from the Ghetto!!!!!!

Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree!!!!!!!

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#56)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

05-21-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon
[U]

( 1.)Hondo, the only Logical reason you would feel that way is because you must be looking through the cut out eyes of a White Hood!!!!

( 2. )Oh and by the way, what part of the South are from!!!!!

( 1.) I find you calling me a Klansman simply because I find the racism on this forum deplorable a really racist statement.
Sir, please cease and desist.

(2.) I are from north of Mason-Dixon line.
We proudly fought for the North during the war.
Plus, no plantations in Western Virginia, hoss.
Also, I find you asking me what part of the South I are from a truly racist question.
Manwon, don't start acting like that ole Dub. You're better than that.

Old
  (#57)
bamadog
AzB Silver Member
bamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-21-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson

America's political bigotry shouldn't be a shock to anybody who's paying attention. If you're not ashamed of America's history of bigotry in national politics, right up to now (and demonstrated daily on this website), then you're either ignorant of it or part of it or both.

pj
chgo
You keep beating the "racism/bigotry in America" drum and claiming this racism is pervasive today. How about supplying some examples?
If it is so pervasive you should have no trouble. But on the other hand, if, as I suspect, this charge of racist America is just liberal dogma to keep the "victims' beholdin' to the democrat party, then you're not going to be able to come up with much.

Your move PJ.

Old
  (#58)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

05-21-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Great post. For the first time in my life I'm proud to be part of this forum.

Wait!... That's not what I meant! Not really the first!
It's just... o sh*t, I'm busted!
No, no, that's not what I meant!
I just meant... you guys knew what I meant , didn't you?

I guess growing up upper middle class in a one bedroom apartment and an outhouse with 14 brothers and sisters tends to make me a liitle uppity at times.
We never accepted welfare.
We always knew that when Mom & Dad & Grandma got out of prison,
things would get better.

Old
  (#59)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-21-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:

LOL! That Punter will pick you apart, brother.
Be vewy vewy careful what you say!
BTW, why IS Mama living like that?

Old
  (#60)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-21-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas1022
If Barrack doesn't want his wife attacked ,she shouldn't be out there attacking others.Thats how the liberals operate . Liberals love to call conservatives racists. It changes the whole conversation .If people choose to disagree with Barrack and his wife that doesn't make them racist.I for one am sick of that crap.How is the country suppose to move forward ? Liberals love to blame the USA for everything around the world.If liberals think this country is so bad ,why don't they go to another country?

Those damned liberals! Makes me mad just thinking.
And the past 8 years you have stiking libs like Bushy
and John " Psycho" McCain try to pass themselves off as conservatives!!

When will the madness end?
Where are the solid union-busting, protect the rich, conservatives like Reagan
and Bush Sr. these days?

Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: