Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Sigel v. Schmidt
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
MitchDAZB
AzB Silver Member
MitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond reputeMitchDAZB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Good match. Congrats to Mike!

Old
  (#32)
CueAndMe
AzB Silver Member
CueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond reputeCueAndMe has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2008, 07:27 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed that match. Tough table, but only 4 innings with safeties. Did anyone see John's lag ball roll off at the end? I'm surprised the table isn't level.

Old
  (#33)
ledrums
AzB Silver Member
ledrums is a splendid one to beholdledrums is a splendid one to beholdledrums is a splendid one to beholdledrums is a splendid one to beholdledrums is a splendid one to beholdledrums is a splendid one to beholdledrums is a splendid one to behold

06-24-2008, 07:39 PM

I was laughing at the new commentator's lack of skill, calling an exhibition match another major championship for Mike. No disrespect for the players. They played fine pool and it was free. I'm not complaining. Bwahaha was me laughing.

Old
  (#34)
D Player
AzB Silver Member
D Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond reputeD Player has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2008, 07:48 PM

I'm a big John Schmidt fan, but I was happy to see Sigel win. Maybe I'm biased because Sigel is from my area, but I think it's great to see an older champion compete and perform well.

Old
  (#35)
daphish1
AzB Silver Member
daphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond reputedaphish1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 100

06-24-2008, 08:13 PM

I'll have to watch the replay, had to leave to go play leage about the 61-19 point. Cloth must have been really slow, i remeber hearing John say something along the lines i've "i hammered that..." and the balls didn't hardly spread.

Sigel was playing really well for the first half that i was able to see.

Old
  (#36)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

06-24-2008, 10:01 PM

I didn't get the chance to watch the match, but these guys are two of my favorite players so it would have been hard for me to be disappointed no matter how it turned out. However, I've been a huge Sigel and Rempe fan ever since I first started playing so this is really really cool that Sigel showed that the old guys can still get it done once in a while.

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Playing Cue: 2003 Pechauer P15
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer (purpleheart with ironwood rings)
Jump Cue: OB Lift
Current Tip: G2
Shaft: OB Pro Plus

Old
  (#37)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

06-25-2008, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledrums
I was laughing at the new commentator's lack of skill, calling an exhibition match another major championship for Mike. No disrespect for the players. They played fine pool and it was free. I'm not complaining. Bwahaha was me laughing.
That guy was not too good. Enthusiastic but probably not real versed in 14.1. Too bad they couldn't get someone good in there with Grady.

They should have given Blackjack a call. He could have been the play by play guy talking about the shapes and Grady could have done color.

Last edited by dmgwalsh; 06-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Old
  (#38)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

06-25-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgwalsh
That guy was an idiot. Too bad they couldn't get someone good in there with Grady.

I wasn't able to watch any of the match last night at all. I figured that John would be a big underdog against Mike on the slow IPT cloth, and I am really not surprised that Mike was able to pull out the victory - he is still a champion, and able to go one on one with anybody in the world.

I thought Tony Robles was going to be in the booth with Grady? I know Tony was scheduled to play GWAPO last night, and perhaps they made a change of plans. Who was in there with him?

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

“Dead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Old
  (#39)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2008, 07:35 AM

Saw Joe Rogan there with Max (I think) (thanks for suporting the sport Joe). The guy commentater said Joe had a run of around 70 balls. I didn't know Joe played that speed. I saw him play on that celebraty pool show. I thought he looked at a C or maybe low B. I guess I was way wrong. If Joe reads this, would you state your high run (mine is 16 balls, damn I'm quite the talent ).

Pete

Slow cloth
Old
  (#40)
nick serdula
AzB Gold Member
nick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Slow cloth - 06-25-2008, 11:11 AM

Everywhere should use it. Seperates the champs from the champeens. Light cue,hate it for you. Straight stroke has little value. It takes power to handle that cloth and most players today lack the power to play with 21 oz cue.
They could probably adapt but likely not easily. That is the reason women could never play even with the men unlike today where they can win on the fast cloth.
It is a differant universe. Few modern players have developed a stroke to dominate on the slow cloth because they never needed to.
Give them time.
Nick

Old
  (#41)
chas1022
AzB Silver Member
chas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond reputechas1022 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2008, 02:12 PM

Nicks comment is very interesting.I believe that is what Rempe used to say.I 've spent years working on my stroke and I don't need it on this newer cloth.Very good post Nick.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: