Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page JJCUE stand up cases - junk without support
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
pescadoman
Randy
pescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-27-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedantle View Post
Randy,

My apology for not responding to your question.

My expectations were along these lines. I was thinking that they would ask for the case back (verify no abuse) and offer me a significant discount on another case. Some type of acknowledgement of the quality of the case. Something like, "Hey I'm sorry, yea we have problems with them or we never have problems with them.... let me help.

(And I need to be clear, I would likely not have taken them up on it, UNLESS they had exactly what I wanted. Again I like it or I don't.)

Ross from OB can testify that I have bought over a dozen shafts from him. Every one they make for almost every different joint I have. We have had a couple of issues but they were easily resolved. I've also bought several shafts from Diveney as well. Not to mention my Bobby Hunter, that I love. I still have them all. Easily several grand just trying different things out. What I learned is spending more time practicing improves my game more than buying new equipment.

Summary, I spend money on pool equipment and more than most, IMO. Equipment like tips, shafts, spotted cue balls, gloves, scuffers just a butt load of crap. Color me crazy but that is the kind of customer I want if I'm selling pool equipment. And any business person with common sense would treat every customer like that until they prove otherwise.

The best thing for any consumer who has experienced poor service and/or bought a poor performing product, is to share it with others. Forums are one of the places people share these experiences. Its called freedom of speech.

You must mean Royce. OB is an exceptional and extraordinary example of customer service that is NOT to be expected of 99% of the rest of the world. They even cover warpage with some shafts, which is almost ALWAYS due to ABUSE.

Most reasonable people will say you are being unreasonable in expecting too much from ANY retailer after a year and a half.

What you obviously don't understand, as you quote freedom of speech as a right, is that there are limits to what can lawfully be said. Any malice on your part makes you liable. Furthermore, If you REALLY think you can say whatever you like, give the Whitehouse a call and tell them you think something violent should happen to Obama. Maybe even walk into an airport and tell a TSA agent the facility sucks and should be blown up. Let me know how that goes.

To be clear, I think there is much more to what happened. I searched around and couldn't find another example of this case failing. If they are JUNK like you say, and you imply they are all JUNK, can you show me more examples?

This really is fun...

Randy

Last edited by pescadoman; 03-27-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Old
  (#32)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member
tedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescadoman View Post
I never used the word slander, so what's your point?

You avoid answering the simple question of how long you think they should be responsible.
There is likely a boiler plate 30days but outside of that its part of building relationships with customers. The more successful the business is often an indicator of how people handle their customers... negotiate for a win/win. I expected a lot more than being ignored and threatened. See previous response to your question. Sorry I was slow to respond to that one. I would also add that I wouldn't carry a product that wouldn't justify the cost of doing business. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
JB makes a pretty good case and his warranty is one year. Are you saying the same thing about him? Would he fix your case if he made it? If he wanted to charge you, would that make him a bad guy? A new strap can be put on that case if you wanted one but, as I already stated, it most likely is not cost effective.
1. This is not about JB.
2. I've never done business with JB
3. YES I WOULD HAVE PAID HIM TO FIX IT! GLADLY! (appears to be a big disconnect here in your understanding of my position)
4. I have written this before in this thread. The case cover is glued to the outside. To replace or repair the grommets/rivets it would essentially destroy the case. The leather shop I took it to was not impressed.

Quote:
This is all a bit of fun, but your "story" holds water like a paper bag.
A paper bag will hold water. About as long the handle will last on a PC35x J&J case.

Quote:
You think Nielson and JJCues should be responsible for fixing your case, yet you took it to a leather repair guy first/tried to fix it yourself? If you really thought it was a defect, even after the unreasonable amount of time we are talking about, wouldn't those two be your first call instead of driving around to leather shops?
It was really a convenience thing for me. I had no problem paying for the repair. Because I liked the case. (again... all about me) I figured they do it for $30 or $40 np) I'm going to write this in caps so you get it. THE CASE HANDLE CAN NOT BE RESTORED... REPAIRED... FIXED. That is when I sent a couple of unanswered emails to JoeRackem. Then I called him. He gave me J&J's number. Then I sent a complaint through eBay. That's when he flamed me.

Quote:
At first you didn't say you contacted JJ, but now suddenly you do.
I did not include my communication with J&J in the first post but I did update it to make it easier to follow and understand. (Shoot me no Randy I take that back)

Quote:
Only YOU know how your case was treated in the year and a half you've owned it. Your attitude here suggests you might get grumpy when things don't go your way. Nearly EVERYONE I know uses shoulder straps unless grabbing their case out of a car. Maybe yours got stuck in between or behind a seat?
1st that is the most frustrating thing is that I really didn't abuse the case. I have 1 or 2 leagues I play in. That is why, if I were the seller I would have them send it back to me to verify abuse. And you are again suggesting that I'm lying. (you are so not coming to my next party... your officially off the list) I use the handle because that's what I'm comfortable with. I have no clue on where you're going with that. I guess I'm not like EVERYONE you know.

Quote:
What EXACTLY were the circumstances when you ripped the handle apart. I ripped things before and, to be honest, once they began to rip I stopped.
I was beating my wife with it of course. I noticed it was starting to tear. Babied it for a while and it broke. Color me crazy, I just assumed it could be fixed. The old lady? She's fine. A couple of drinks, she's all good.

Quote:
This has become an amusement and I can't wait to hear what you have to say now..
LOL! you are a complete maniac.

Last edited by tedantle; 03-27-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Old
  (#33)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member
tedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond reputetedantle has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You must mean Royce. OB is an exceptional and extraordinary example of customer service that is NOT to be expected of 99% of the rest of the world. They even cover warpage with some shafts, which is almost ALWAYS due to ABUSE.
Correction, I worked with Doc over at OB. I'm sure he gets his direction from the top. And I expect EVERY business to do it just like them. They are not a non-profit organization but yet they have a good product, a great reputation and they make money.

Quote:
Most reasonable people will say you are being unreasonable in expecting too much from ANY retailer after a year and a half.
Are we back to "Most reasonable people" and "Everyone I know"?

Quote:
What you obviously don't understand, as you quote freedom of speech as a right, is that there are limits to what can lawfully be said. Any malice on your part makes you liable. Furthermore, If you REALLY think you can say whatever you like, give the Whitehouse a call and tell them you think something violent should happen to Obama. Maybe even walk into an airport and tell a TSA agent the facility sucks and should be blown up. Let me know how that goes.
You got me there.

Quote:
To be clear, I think there is much more to what happened. I searched around and couldn't find another example of this case failing. If they are JUNK like you say, and you imply they are all JUNK, can you show me more examples?
1st - There is nothing more to it than a poor product and poor service. (Heads up, the world is round as well.)
2nd - Very good point sir, about available information. I'm here so that anyone and everyone who queries this product will know my experience.

Quote:
This really is fun...
You are crazy ;-) - Have a great weekend. (and your still off the party list!)

Last edited by tedantle; 03-27-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Old
  (#34)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member

03-28-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jka View Post
In my opinion, after 18 months it is no longer Nielsen's problem, if it ever was to begin with.
Do a search on this product and you will find very little regarding quality and durability. I don't have time to buy a new case everyyear. it's of poor quality and it can not be repaired. You are right. After a year it's no bodies problem but mine.

JKA you do understand what a cue case review forum is for? it's to review cue cases. Quality and service have value. Or is this forum just for how pretty they look?

Truthfully I have no idea of what you are talking about. My message? I bought a case that could not be repaired. It lasted 18 month.

If I had known that I would not have bought it. (That is why I'm posting in a cue case review forum, so others can learn about this product. That is the purpose of a cue review forum.)

Now I'm really confused. Why are you posting or reading this forum? Do you make cases. Sell cases? Are you buying a new case?

Me? I had a case, but it fell apart. Now I'm buying a new one.

I think you may have accidently got lost.

Last edited by tedantle; 03-28-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: correction

Old
  (#35)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-28-2015, 10:10 AM

Take it back to the leather shop. Ask if, rather than replacing the handle, they can sew a strap onto it.
A splice I guess. It looks like the short end can be pulled out of the reinforcement, sew the replacement strap on. Then thread it back through and then sew it onto the long part of the handle. Then cover it up with that snap on thing and nobody will know.

Should last longer than the rest of the case!

Last edited by Maxx; 03-28-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: sp

Old
  (#36)
the chicken
AzB Silver Member
the chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond reputethe chicken has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2015, 11:15 AM

I think the original poster was ripped off. Even if he says "Yeah, I deliberately broke the handle," the retailer and original manufacturer should offer to, a) repair the product or, b) offer an alternate that is acceptable to the buyer.
There is no law that states that a retailer or original manufacturer can't charge a customer ("customer," a sacred entity) for a repair, instead of offering lame excuses.
18 months? The time period of use means nothing, Nothing!
It's all a matter of CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Shoot Safe.

John

Main Cue : Predator 8K04
Case : Talisman 2 x 4
Playing Philosophy : Good Shooting + Luck = Winner!

Old
  (#37)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member

03-28-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Take it back to the leather shop. Ask if, rather than replacing the handle, they can sew a strap onto it.
A splice I guess. It looks like the short end can be pulled out of the reinforcement, sew the replacement strap on. Then thread it back through and then sew it onto the long part of the handle. Then cover it up with that snap on thing and nobody will know.

Should last longer than the rest of the case!
Maxx, thank you for the suggestion. I agree that I could likely find a work around solution by working with other repair shops. But then I'm continuing to support the maker and sellers of this case.

I'm looking at a replacements. Likely a 24 Instroke. If you have a suggestion of a nice leather case in the 2-400 range let me know. Getting ready to pull the trigger.

Ted

Old
  (#38)
ktmrider765
AzB Silver Member
ktmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond reputektmrider765 has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2015, 11:30 AM

I agree with other posts .,...after 18 months how can you expect warranty.,.also I'm not knocking the brand of case but you also get what you pay for especially when looking to buy for "long term" .,.. When buying for long term it's best to shell out some cheese one time rather than paying out small sums 2-3 times imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Player: Murray Tucker
Break: Steve Lomax/Tony Layne
Case: custom JB 3x6

Agreed!
Old
  (#39)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member

Wink Agreed! - 03-28-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chicken View Post
I think the original poster was ripped off. Even if he says "Yeah, I deliberately broke the handle," the retailer and original manufacturer should offer to, a) repair the product or, b) offer an alternate that is acceptable to the buyer.
There is no law that states that a retailer or original manufacturer can't charge a customer ("customer," a sacred entity) for a repair, instead of offering lame excuses.

Shoot Safe.

John
I would agree that the end result would appear exactly that way. A rip off. Scam. That is why I posted this review for others to read.

Amazing part of this is that based on original responses I thought I was crazy and alone. I'm still crazy just not alone.

Bottom line I don't want others to have this experience. Because it SUCKED! And not in a good way.

Old
  (#40)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-28-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Maxx, thank you for the suggestion. I agree that I could likely find a work around solution by working with other repair shops. But then I'm continuing to support the maker and sellers of this case.

I'm looking at a replacements. Likely a 24 Instroke. If you have a suggestion of a nice leather case in the 2-400 range let me know. Getting ready to pull the trigger.

Ted
Click the AZ marketplace at the top of the page. A leather 2x4 Proper is under $200. I've had good luck with them, the only thing is cues go in tip & joint down. A 57" cue can be a pain to get out. The one I have are also made right here in the good old USA!
Unconditional guarantee, "if it breaks (other than normal wear and tear) Joe will fix it"

http://www.seyberts.com/catalog/Sign...ather-195.html

Last edited by Maxx; 03-28-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added url

Old
  (#41)
Rusty Melton
AzB Silver Member

Rusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

03-28-2015, 12:07 PM

https://www.facebook.com/rustymeltoncustomcuecases
I'm sorry to say that I'm not taking any new orders for the next year, I need to concentrate on all the orders that I've taken. Thanks to all the have ordered and to those that have shown interest!
Rusty

Last edited by Rusty Melton; 03-28-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Old
  (#42)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member

03-28-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider765 View Post
I agree with other posts .,...after 18 months how can you expect warranty.,.also I'm not knocking the brand of case but you also get what you pay for especially when looking to buy for "long term" .,.. When buying for long term it's best to shell out some cheese one time rather than paying out small sums 2-3 times imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stefan where is the price point for buying a "good" product? If I bought a brand new car and scraped the paint. Went to an auto body shop and was told can't Mach the color. Took it to the dealer and they said , sorry go to the manufacturer. Went to the manufacturer and they said sorry we just deal with dealers. What would you do? Paint it with an off color and drive it around then go back to eating cheese? This all assuming 18 months after purchase.

Me? I take a picture of the car, post in auto review forum and get rid of the car. Ok, so it was a cheap car, but I assumed I could fix or repair it if needed. Because I got the money to do it and many others do not.

Everyone should participate in this. If people don't document their experiences how are others to know what is a good product and what is not.

You are a perfect example of people who just surrender their rights as a consumer. Role over and blame themselves.

Case Review Forums are to share product experiences. Part of that is quality and sevice.

The way the case was made, gluing the vinyl onto the case, makes it impossible to restore the handle to original condition. I could get someone to get a handle back on it but again, I would be continuing to support a bad product and people who sell it.

This is a consumer reports for pool cue cases.

Old
  (#43)
tedantle
AzB Silver Member

03-28-2015, 12:30 PM

Maxx,

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Last edited by tedantle; 03-28-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Old
  (#44)
pescadoman
Randy
pescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chicken View Post

Shoot Safe.

John
Really? Would you pay to have it shipped back to China? That's where it was made. I once pissed off Atlas Billards and they suspended my account. You know what? They were correct in doing so. There comes a point where a person isn't worth the headache.

My friend works at a spa and the complainers always get some sort of discount because THEY felt something wasn't quite right. You know what the regular customers, who are always nice and tip well because they appreciate service get? A full bill.

That case isn't worth repair....end of story. I don't know how it was put together, but it would have to come apart and noone is going to want to pay the labor to get it fixed.

What business do you own? I'd like to complain and get some free stuff

Randy

Old
  (#45)
pescadoman
Randy

03-28-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Stefan where is the price point for buying a "good" product? If I bought a brand new car and scraped the paint. Went to an auto body shop and was told can't Mach the color. Took it to the dealer and they said , sorry go to the manufacturer. Went to the manufacturer and they said sorry we just deal with dealers. What would you do? Paint it with an off color and drive it around then go back to eating cheese? This all assuming 18 months after purchase.

Me? I take a picture of the car, post in auto review forum and get rid of the car. Ok, so it was a cheap car, but I assumed I could fix or repair it if needed. Because I got the money to do it and many others do not.

Everyone should participate in this. If people don't document their experiences how are others to know what is a good product and what is not.

You are a perfect example of people who just surrender their rights as a consumer. Role over and blame themselves.

Case Review Forums are to share product experiences. Part of that is quality and sevice.

The way the case was made, gluing the vinyl onto the case, makes it impossible to restore the handle to original condition. I could get someone to get a handle back on it but again, I would be continuing to support a bad product and people who sell it.

This is a consumer reports for pool cue cases.
This is just one bad argument on your part after another.....

I don't know of any body shop dumb enough to claim they can perfectly match paint, even if it's a solid. I've worked at body shops and it aint gonna happen. Even with the color code, sometimes there are 10 variations a half a dozen colors that make up a solid. My black had seven.

NOBODY IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD PROMISE YOU SUCH THINGS....well unless you are color blind, but then there is the risk that someone you know is not.

But hey, you are the kind of guy who would jump on the keyboard if promised the color would be as close as possible and it was a hair off.

At last, the cost to repaint a panel is 3-500 bucks and it would probably be worth it to fix. Your case is not.

<<<<trying to earn a seat at the party!!>>>>>>>

Randy

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: