Cuetec Cynergy ferrule

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m curious if anyone has replaced the Cynergy ferrule for a customer. If so, where did you get the new ferrule and how much trouble was it to remove and install. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
easy to Change, installed a tommahawk Ferrell and Plays also super b. I only know the org Ferrell is an very soft material like the first Gen of 314

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have done quite a few tips on them already, not a ferrule....don't see a reason to be changing them..... They are so new, and made of a very strong material, any issues with a ferrule should be referred back to Cuetec for warranty work, IMO.
More info needed to actually help you.
Dave

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys for getting back so quickly. Mine doesn’t need replacing yet, just wanted to be prepared if or when it does get damaged. My main concern is what type of tenon the ferrule attached too. Thanks again.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have done quite a few tips on them already, not a ferrule....don't see a reason to be changing them..... They are so new, and made of a very strong material, any issues with a ferrule should be referred back to Cuetec for warranty work, IMO.
More info needed to actually help you.
Dave

Though I do favor a certain material, I agree with you Dave. IF you pay that much for a shaft, and they offer a warranty, take advantage of it. :cool:

Gary Lucchesi

I’m curious if anyone has replaced the Cynergy ferrule for a customer. If so, where did you get the new ferrule and how much trouble was it to remove and install. Thanks for any help you can provide
easy to Change, installed a tommahawk Ferrell and Plays also super b. I only know the org Ferrell is an very soft material like the first Gen of 314
please tell me where you got the Tommahawk Ferrell. my husband is an authorized cuetec repairman. the ferrules have been on back order for ages.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cynergy shafts have one of the softest ferrules there is.
Dave's advice is spot on. There's a lot of different ferrule materials available but they may not be what your looking for as far as deflection goes.
What's good for Sally might not be good for Joe!

Attachments

• IMG_030322_170711.jpg
    IMG_030322_170711.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_030322_170835.jpg
    IMG_030322_170835.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 199

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quick update - I replaced the Cynergy ferrule with Tomahawk and couldn’t be more please. SOOOO easy to replace once I knew the procedure. I like the Tomahawk ferrules so much, I replaced the ferrules on all my cues.

hejests

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ferrule on my 11.8 Cynergy was way too soft for me (which I really noticed on my first tip change). Changed it out to Juma, couldn't be happier. No discernible change deflection wise so weight must be similar to the original material.

phreaticus

Bob Dzuricky put 1/2” Tomahawks on 2 Cynergy 12.5’s for me, they play perfect. Way better than the original shorty soft ABS ones. Also no change in weight or deflection.

kitsap

Registered
A quick update - I replaced the Cynergy ferrule with Tomahawk and couldn’t be more please. SOOOO easy to replace once I knew the procedure. I like the Tomahawk ferrules so much, I replaced the ferrules on all my cues.

And SOOOO, what was the procedure?