Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Trouble with extreme right or left English...
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Trouble with extreme right or left English...
Old
  (#1)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Wink Trouble with extreme right or left English... - 09-23-2019, 09:56 PM

Just wanted to bring up a very interesting point on the forum.. Almost all players have trouble getting right English or left English. Does anyone on here understand why? One way feels pretty comfortable but the other way just feels a little uncomfortable. . Please do not reply to this without first getting on the table and feeling this for yourself. Plus, one way you will get plenty of English but the other way you won't be getting hardly any but feel you are until you raise up your head and actually see where the cue tip is. Let's see what we come up with as the reason for this??????

I will share the answer in a few days. Someone might have the right answer but probably not. It's pretty tough to know why this happens.

Old
  (#2)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2019, 10:00 PM

If a player has ocular vision and shoots with only one eye they might not have this trouble. Just wanted to make a note. That is only about 2 to 5 % pf all players.

Old
  (#3)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-23-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genomachino View Post
If a player has ocular vision and shoots with only one eye they might not have this trouble. Just wanted to make a note. That is only about 2 to 5 % pf all players.
So does it have something to do with the eyes crossing at some point?

no.
Old
  (#4)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member

no. - 09-23-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBme View Post
So does it have something to do with the eyes crossing at some point?
Did you notice the trouble?

eyes(grin)
Old
  (#5)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

eyes(grin) - 09-23-2019, 11:17 PM

Gene,

I suspect you are fishing for eyes but the truth is that anyone that uses backhand english has two issues. One is the strange perspective when the tip is outside of whatever you want to call your viewing plane, somewhere between your two eyes or down the line from your master eye to the target if you are extremely strong eye dominant. The tip and the point you are hitting on the cue ball are kinda out there in no-mans land.

The other thing is that your hands and whole body can get a bit contorted trying to bend around the cue stick. Angling the stick enough to get maximum side spin to that side can be awkward from a purely physical standpoint.

All of these issues go away or are minimized to the point they aren't noticeable by the simple expedient of using parallel side, moving the front and back of your stick over an equal amount. I have experimented a bit with front hand english too. Not enough to always plant my bridge properly after making a shift in the air but I find that front hand english is probably superior to backhand english because you don't angle the stick nearly as much.

Front hand english has the same flaw as back hand english of moving the tip out in no-mans land but seemingly not as far. If I had better table access I would spend more time with it.

Hu

Old
  (#6)
Mick
AzB Silver Member
Mick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Almost all players have trouble getting right English or left English. Does anyone on here understand why? One way feels pretty comfortable but the other way just feels a little uncomfortable.
I honest to god have no idea what you're talking about. I tried about 20 different shots in as many situations as I could come up with, and extreme right and extreme left seem identical to me in every way.

Old
  (#7)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
All of these issues go away or are minimized to the point they aren't noticeable by the simple expedient of using parallel side, moving the front and back of your stick over an equal amount.
How does that correct for squirt?

pj
chgo

???????????????????????????????
Old
  (#8)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

??????????????????????????????? - 09-24-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
How does that correct for squirt?

pj
chgo

pj,

You either need more coffee or less of what you partook of last night. I mentioned several issues, none of which was squirt. To save you further confusion I am pasting my first post in this thread below.

Hu

Quote:
Gene,

I suspect you are fishing for eyes but the truth is that anyone that uses backhand english has two issues. One is the strange perspective when the tip is outside of whatever you want to call your viewing plane, somewhere between your two eyes or down the line from your master eye to the target if you are extremely strong eye dominant. The tip and the point you are hitting on the cue ball are kinda out there in no-mans land.

The other thing is that your hands and whole body can get a bit contorted trying to bend around the cue stick. Angling the stick enough to get maximum side spin to that side can be awkward from a purely physical standpoint.

All of these issues go away or are minimized to the point they aren't noticeable by the simple expedient of using parallel side, moving the front and back of your stick over an equal amount. I have experimented a bit with front hand english too. Not enough to always plant my bridge properly after making a shift in the air but I find that front hand english is probably superior to backhand english because you don't angle the stick nearly as much.

Front hand english has the same flaw as back hand english of moving the tip out in no-mans land but seemingly not as far. If I had better table access I would spend more time with it.

Hu

Old
  (#9)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I mentioned several issues, none of which was squirt.
But what you suggest ("using parallel side, moving the front and back of your stick over an equal amount") will miss most shots because of squirt. What am I misunderstanding?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#10)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Unhappy 09-24-2019, 06:48 AM

Oh boy, here we go again.

Old
  (#11)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 07:22 AM

I prefer Fresca but an occasional Squirt is acceptable.

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

threads
Old
  (#12)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

threads - 09-24-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
But what you suggest ("using parallel side, moving the front and back of your stick over an equal amount") will miss most shots because of squirt. What am I misunderstanding?

pj
chgo

pj,

You are misunderstanding that every thread isn't about squirt. You are flat wrong about squirt too but that is a matter for another thread, you know, one about squirt! This thread is Gene's coy way to start a thread concerning his beliefs about eyes.

Hu

Old
  (#13)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:

pj
chgo
Nobody mentioned squirt or missing a shot.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#14)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I was about to say I've never noticed a difference at all. Then you say this. I am blind in one eye.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#15)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

09-24-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
You are misunderstanding that every thread isn't about squirt.
Squirt comes into it when you propose a side spin technique ("parallel" english) that won't work because of squirt.

pj
chgo

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: