Old
  (#1291)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
10-23-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
If you can contact John and just tell him to start a gofundme or kickstarter campaign. Set a money goal to be reached, and organize different tiers of donation levels....with the different tiers of donation amounts maybe a dvd with commentary....then dvd signed....highest would get a lesson with John and the dvd....or whatever.
But he would be over the $25 K goal in a month.
I actually suggested that exact thing 2 months ago.
I still don't know why he hasn't tried it.
It seems like a way he can release the video with an ebay-style "minimum reserve".

Old
  (#1292)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
I actually suggested that exact thing 2 months ago.
I still don't know why he hasn't tried it.
It seems like a way he can release the video with an ebay-style "minimum reserve".

Well I'm glad he is at least aware of the avenue.
He says he wants the world to see it...so that's why he should set the minimum at $25,000 and if that's reached then he would post to YouTube.

The hardcore fanatics with the $50 sponsorship get the dvd with the commentary. The lesser hard core donate $5 for an autographed baseball card of John with the 626 stats on the back
At least folks would kick in $5 on the chance it could push it over the "YouTube" line and they get something from John
It's both a win/win any way it shakes down.

I was just on kickstarter and there are campaigns that have reached their goal, but they extend the days because there are more people than expected who wanted to sponsor.

Now just think if the campaign goes over $250k from thousands of small dollar donations (and of course the dvd donations)....that's enough to have a reissue in the media that pool player who broke Mosconi record, raised money to release dvd and YouTube video.
It's an extra kick to the story. Everyone wins.
I hope John is reading this. The story of him signing 10, 000 baseball cards would be a good one

Last edited by Cardigan Kid; 10-23-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Rules vs no rules
Old
  (#1293)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Rules vs no rules - 10-26-2019, 07:45 AM

End of story?

Last edited by xradarx; 10-27-2019 at 06:39 AM. Reason: None needed, none given, same as no rules!

rebco
Old
  (#1294)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

rebco - 10-31-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
He says he wants the world to see it...so that's why he should set the minimum at $25,000 and if that's reached then he would post to YouTube.

The hardcore fanatics with the $50 sponsorship get the dvd with the commentary. The lesser hard core donate $5 for an autographed baseball card of John with the 626 stats on the back
At least folks would kick in $5 on the chance it could push it over the "YouTube" line and they get something from John

I was just on kickstarter and there are campaigns that have reached their goal, but they extend the days because there are more people than expected who wanted to sponsor.

Now just think if the campaign goes over $250k from thousands of small dollar donations (and of course the dvd donations)....that's enough to have a reissue in the media that pool player who broke Mosconi record, raised money to release dvd and YouTube video.
I hope John is reading this. The story of him signing 10, 000 baseball cards would be a good one
the rebco campeign?

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Old
  (#1295)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-31-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:

This is way too easy, John should just put the master copy on eBay for 250K.

Old
  (#1296)
JustPlay
AzB Silver Member
JustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond reputeJustPlay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2837

10-31-2019, 04:03 PM

Post the video on YouTube, about 500K views pays about 40K (from other youtubers who have disclosed what they have gotten paid for views). Just a thought.

Old
  (#1297)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-31-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlay View Post
Post the video on YouTube, about 500K views pays about 40K (from other youtubers who have disclosed what they have gotten paid for views). Just a thought.
Unless you plan to watch it 475,000 times there may be a little issue with that plan.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#1298)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

10-31-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Maybe if someone has 10 million subscribers and is some sort of Youtube Prime star or something. Eh...... No, not even then. You pulled that number out of thin air, or misheard, or got trolled by some Youtuber.

Generally, the figure I have heard is roughly $1000 per million views.

If your numbers were anywhere close to correct, this video Andy McKee - Drifting would have made $4,672,800,000,000, making him the richest man in the world by a factor of about 1 billion or so?

And more to the point.... this video 2008 U.S. Open 9 Ball Finals hasn't even gotten 500K views yet, and it was uploaded in 2011.

John Schmidt is VERY lucky he is not taking advice from people on AZBilliards.

Old
  (#1299)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-31-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I think its more like 40 dollars for 500k views...

Old
  (#1300)
TheMarsMan
Nice Gun!
TheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMarsMan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

10-31-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
Maybe if someone has 10 million subscribers and is some sort of Youtube Prime star or something. Eh...... No, not even then. You pulled that number out of thin air, or misheard, or got trolled by some Youtuber.

Generally, the figure I have heard is roughly $1000 per million views.

If your numbers were anywhere close to correct, this video Andy McKee - Drifting would have made $4,672,800,000,000, making him the richest man in the world by a factor of about 1 billion or so?

And more to the point.... this video 2008 U.S. Open 9 Ball Finals hasn't even gotten 500K views yet, and it was uploaded in 2011.

John Schmidt is VERY lucky he is not taking advice from people on AZBilliards.
I have no idea how much youtube pays for views, but I do know how numbers work. Your number is way off, the original post said that 500,000 views would pay 40K. This works out to .08 per viewer, I agree this seems high.

With the video you posted, using this value the owner would receive $4,672,847.20, somehow you added six zeros to the calculation to make your number a million times larger.

Old
  (#1301)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

10-31-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I think its more like 40 dollars for 500k views...
You make pennies for views in most cases its based more on watch time and adds watched during that time ,but you have to have the sponsors backing and we know pool is cheap so its not likely there ,
Its not as easy as just posting a video and sitting back and racking money in , the ones that make the money have a channel with many followers and post many videos weekly or monthly at worst ,, its really become a profession of its own if you want to make any real money at it

Old
  (#1302)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-31-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
You make pennies for views in most cases its based more on watch time and adds watched during that time ,but you have to have the sponsors backing and we know pool is cheap so its not likely there ,
Its not as easy as just posting a video and sitting back and racking money in , the ones that make the money have a channel with many followers and post many videos weekly or monthly at worst ,, its really become a profession of its own if you want to make any real money at it

Yeah, I doubt the video will make any significant money no matter how JS distributes it. Whether free on youtube, or paid on venmo, or dvds in the mail.

Here is what I'd do if I was him, with that mindset. I'd put it out there for free on youtube, FB, instagram, etc, to be remembered by, as the highest run of all time. Then in my old age if anyone ever questioned me, I'd pint to it, and say "here's what I did".

Old
  (#1303)
ShortBusRuss
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

10-31-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarsMan View Post
I have no idea how much youtube pays for views, but I do know how numbers work. Your number is way off, the original post said that 500,000 views would pay 40K. This works out to .08 per viewer, I agree this seems high.

With the video you posted, using this value the owner would receive $4,672,847.20, somehow you added six zeros to the calculation to make your number a million times larger.
Yes, you are correct. I multiplied whereas I should have divided. You number is correct.

Given that I saw him playing in Colorado at a small ~500 person venue years after that video, I am assuming he is not a multi-millionaire. :-)

Old
  (#1304)
ShortBusRuss

10-31-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post

And which is why many of the pool video "channels" out there steal all their videos from the content producers and repost them in large numbers. They figure if they can steal 30-40 videos and get a million views combined, they can make a little side money...

Old
  (#1305)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

10-31-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
And which is why many of the pool video "channels" out there steal all their videos from the content producers and repost them in large numbers. They figure if they can steal 30-40 videos and get a million views combined, they can make a little side money...
Thatís why I believe the Kickstarter campaign plan I posted at top of the page is a viable option here. Not only does John get something in return, the fans also get something extra depending on their level of sponsorship and the video becomes more of a celebration, not a tangible monetary value that can be whittled down by piracy . YouTube is relegated to just a vehicle to host the video.

Page 87 of 97 « First 3777858687 8889 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: