Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing
Page 18 of 29 « First 8161718 192028 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#256)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-27-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juspooln View Post
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Its a $100 because Dragon needs his cut for advertising it with his World Championship event.

We offered a format to Charlie that we thought would work for our location, they went with it. Will it be for everyone, no. It happens if people find value in it, or it doesn't.

Why does there have to be so much negativity on this site? Is that what we should be concentrating on? There is only a couple thing you can offer to a large group of people that will please everyone. Free and money! Not too sure if one of those wouldn't make someone mad, these days. Should we just not do anything in fear of pleasing the AZ community?

Speaking of this community, it use to be a great way to share ideas and learn from one another. Now it seems like a bunch of trolls trying to one-up each other, and/ or trying to sell you something.

There have been tons of things, done wrong, by a lot of people throughout the years. Those things have held American pool back. You learn from it and move on. Bringing it up over and over again does no good. Time to move forward! Become the solution, not the problem.

And even worse, is the new player that comes to this site to try and learn about this wonderful sport. Only to find out........
Does breaking the record by exactly 100 balls make you question the serendipity of it all? Or your good with the coincidence?

Truth will out
Old
  (#257)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

Truth will out - 11-27-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Does breaking the record by exactly 100 balls make you question the serendipity of it all? Or your good with the coincidence?
No serendipity involved. 18 month purposeful dedication to an end result. Finally caught the car, but doesn't know what to do with it.

Last edited by xradarx; 11-27-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Old
  (#258)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-27-2019, 05:54 PM

Funny how the two of you only show up together.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

deader
Old
  (#259)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

deader - 11-27-2019, 06:26 PM

than a doornail

Last edited by xradarx; 11-28-2019 at 11:23 AM.

yep
Old
  (#260)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

yep - 11-29-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Little green men landed on my lawn today and I can't get rid of them. They are outside now, running all around my house, yelling my name (How did they know?). I called the police and told them little green men had me surrounded and they laughed at me.

I've got an idea. I'll see if any of them want to play pool. That should scare them off!
more jokes, the real joke is u believed what you heard - without seeing evidence. It's a known fact that Schmidt will cheat or be dishonest - if he tinks there is a buck or two in it. Again Jay make all the wise cracks u care to, but u r too intelligent to believe - without first seeing proof - but yet u did. This speaks volumes to me bout your character, the story I had bout the 93 open did not involve me - u probly will never get to hear. Even you agree that their phony table privatized' video marketing could have been handled different. They needed one more accolade to print while pushing him through the hall of fame - they (powers at b) chose to target the great Mosconi's record - this is a shame. If the little green men landed u would want them to play dennis first i think. Defeating the unknown has to do with honesty and heart - not making jokes about drive by media. Drive by media mob is not a joke, neither is sanded slate phony tables and corrupt people trying to make a bum look as if he has class.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 11-29-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Old
  (#261)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
No serendipity involved. 18 month purposeful dedication to an end result. Finally caught the car, but doesn't know what to do with it.
Then that leaves coincidence. That's an uncomfortable wool sweater we're being asked to wear.

Last edited by DecentShot; 11-29-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Old
  (#262)
juspooln
AzB Silver Member
juspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond reputejuspooln has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
I was it the HOF dinner this year when the BCA awarded John a plague for his accomplishment. Good enough for me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bill Pelham
League Operator UPA of Jax
http://upatour.com

http://www.bhtip.com//

“The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.” — Lou Holtz

Old
  (#263)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
i was it the hof dinner this year when the bca awarded john a plague for his accomplishment. Good enough for me

sent from my sm-n950u using tapatalk
roalmfao,,,

sham
Old
  (#264)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

sham - 11-30-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I was it the HOF dinner this year when the BCA awarded John a plague for his accomplishment. Good enough for me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Your a very poly tickly' correct person, have you seen the little piggies in their starched white shirts? Table was modified (like the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 more than likely). Always have clean shirts - to play around in. I defeated him for the cash - and am winner on him playing Straight pool - challenge match and tournaments - on a non- modified Diamond real professional table - that is good enough for me. I can assure you when a player delivers heavy heat in his direction - he crumbles and while he does have the talent - he lacks the right temperament to be a champ. jmho

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 11-30-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Old
  (#265)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
That's my impression as well. Still waiting for a DVD.

Old
  (#266)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-30-2019, 01:09 PM

Danny Harriman...If you're so much better than JS, why don't you just phoney up a table for you, and BEAT HIS RECORD. Should be easy since you're so much better than him (in your mind)! BTW, good luck with that task! Also, I'm no fanboy of JS, so I have no dog in this fight! I do, however, respect the accomplishment.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
Your a very poly tickly' correct person, have you seen the little piggies in their starched white shirts? Table was modified (like the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 more than likely). Always have clean shirts - to play around in. I defeated him for the cash - and am winner on him playing Straight pool - challenge match and tournaments - on a non- modified Diamond real professional table - that is good enough for me. I can assure you when a player delivers heavy heat in his direction - he crumbles and while he does have the talent - he lacks the right temperament to be a champ. jmho

PBIA Master Instructor

No thanks
Old
  (#267)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

No thanks - 11-30-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Danny Harriman...If you're so much better than JS, why don't you just phoney up a table for you, and BEAT HIS RECORD. Should be easy since you're so much better than him (in your mind)! BTW, good luck with that task! Also, I'm no fanboy of JS, so I have no dog in this fight! I do, however, respect the accomplishment.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
I don't really feel like getting some gaffed up table (as he did - rebco? 5" sanded slate pockets) I know yer some sort of scholar instructor - I have nothing to learn from political puppets scholars. There really should have been a standard set long ago (pockets size for professional players). In Mosconi's time they actually never competed on nine' tables, if I ever do start recording my runs - it will be on a Brunswick Arcade 5x10. There will not be any sanded slate pockets or goofy generic off brand gaffed up table, I will be going after Crane's record. I will post a small video of it and then sell it to the public in a more normal marketing plan. There will not be any need to worry about smokey mirror tricks and goofy tables - the run will be legit. I have seen how corrupt any sports marketing agency can become when they are trying to promote their products. I promise john cue' public if they would have inspected the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 they would call him Mr. cheater. Guiness book of world records does not recognize it as a new world record - that is good enough for me. Since there seems to be no standard as far as pocket spec's - I could get a goofy 5" + pocket table and possibly surpass it but that ain't my style. If u don't like schmidt than at least you have some sense.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 11-30-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Old
  (#268)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
... In Mosconi's time they actually never competed on nine' tables ...
According to Mosconi's autobiography, the BCA changed the standard for championship play from 10-footers to 9-footers in Aug. 1949. Willie and everyone else playing the championships from 1950 on used 9-footers. Willie's championships were pretty evenly split between the 1940's and 1950's.

Old
  (#269)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-01-2019, 05:37 AM

Never competed on 9 foot tables? Really? Where did you get that little tid bit of misinformation lol

Quote:
I don't really feel like getting some gaffed up table (as he did - rebco? 5" sanded slate pockets) I know yer some sort of scholar instructor - I have nothing to learn from political puppets scholars. There really should have been a standard set long ago (pockets size for professional players). In Mosconi's time they actually never competed on nine' tables, if I ever do start recording my runs - it will be on a Brunswick Arcade 5x10. There will not be any sanded slate pockets or goofy generic off brand gaffed up table, I will be going after Crane's record. I will post a small video of it and then sell it to the public in a more normal marketing plan. There will not be any need to worry about smokey mirror tricks and goofy tables - the run will be legit. I have seen how corrupt any sports marketing agency can become when they are trying to promote their products. I promise john cue' public if they would have inspected the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 they would call him Mr. cheater. Guiness book of world records does not recognize it as a new world record - that is good enough for me. Since there seems to be no standard as far as pocket spec's - I could get a goofy 5" + pocket table and possibly surpass it but that ain't my style. If u don't like schmidt than at least you have some sense.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#270)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-01-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Never competed on 9 foot tables? Really? Where did you get that little tid bit of misinformation lol
The same place all of his ideas come from.

Sent from the future.

Page 18 of 29 « First 8161718 192028 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: