Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Elizabeth Warren's Brave New World [Plans afoot to Jail Fossil Fuel Executives]

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Elizabeth Warren's Brave New World [Plans afoot to Jail Fossil Fuel Executives]
Old
  (#1)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Elizabeth Warren's Brave New World [Plans afoot to Jail Fossil Fuel Executives] - 12-11-2019, 05:21 AM

Elizabeth Warren's Brave New World [Plans afoot to Jail Fossil Fuel Executives]

DECEMBER 8, 2019

https://electroverse.net/senator-eli...el-executives/

Lying under oath is a crime known as perjury, but corporations lie all the time
(Remember when tobacco companies told us cigarettes were healthy?). On Tuesday,
Senator Elizabeth Warren unveiled a plan to fight what she calls “corporate perjury.”

Warren’s proposal, which is part and parcel of her larger anti-corruption push, zeroes
in on fossil fuel companies. Specifically, ExxonMobil — a company that is currently
mired in lawsuits that allege it knew climate change was real in the 1980s and misled\
investors and the public about it. This charge has been leveled despite no proof that
CO2 has any say in temperature rise or climate change… Remember the humiliating
defeat of Michael Mann:

Some years ago, Dr Tim Ball wrote that climate scientist Michael Mann “belongs in
the state pen, not Penn State.” At issue was Mann’s famous “hockey stick” graph that
purported to show a sudden and unprecedented 20th century warming trend. The
hockey stick featured prominently in the IPCC’s Third Assessment Report (2001) but
has since been shown to be wrong. The question, in my view, is whether it was an
innocent mistake or deliberate fraud on Mann’s part. (Mann, I believe, continues to
assert the accuracy of his debunked graph.) Mann sued Ball for libel in 2011.
Principia Scientific now reports that the court in British Columbia has dismissed
Mann’s lawsuit with prejudice and assessed costs against him.

What happened was that Dr Ball asserted a truth defense. He argued that the hockey
stick was a deliberate fraud, something that could be proved if one had access to the
data and calculations, in particular the R2 regression analysis, underlying it. Mann
refused to produce these documents. He was ordered to produce them by the court
and given a deadline. He still refused to produce them, so the court dismissed his
case.

YET DESPITE THE SCIENCE AND THE LOST COURT CASE:
Several candidates have sworn to hold the fossil fuel industry accountable for fraud
and corruption. But Warren is the first to release a proposal specifically aimed at
stopping corporations from misleading the public and regulators in the future.

The plan is three-pronged. First, Warren aims to create a “corporate perjury” law that
will take executives to court for knowingly lying to federal agencies. You might
assume such a law already exists, but you’d be wrong. People can be taken to court
for lying in court, before Congress, or to their own shareholders, but the information
they provide to federal agencies currently constitutes a weird grey area.

Warren’s plan says that “where companies engage in egregious and intentional
efforts to mislead agencies in an effort to prevent our government from
understanding and acting on facts, they will face criminal liability.” Executives who
engage in this type of behavior could have to pay $250,000 in fines or face jail time.

In the second plank of her plan, Warren gets nerdy. Research that is not peer
reviewed — not evaluated by other experts in the same or a similar field — will not be
eligible to be considered by federal agencies or courts. The same goes for industry-funded
research. That is, it won’t be eligible unless whoever submitted it can prove that it’s
free of conflicts of interest. “If any conflicts of interest exist, that research will be
excluded from the rule-making process and will be inadmissible in any subsequent
court challenges,” the senator writes. So, they can bar any information that does not
fit the narrative…

That would mark a significant departure from the way President Trump operates. On
Monday, the New York Times reported that the Trump administration plans to curtail
the kind of research the government can use to craft public health regulations, which
could have drastic implications both for future rules and regulations that already exist.

The last piece of Warren’s plan hopes to reacquaint the public with the federal rule
making process. She would create a national Office of the Public Advocate to guide
people through the process of weighing in on new regulations. By involving the public
in this process more explicitly, Warren says, federal agencies will “make informed
decisions about the human consequences of their proposals, rather than largely
relying on industry talking points.”

Warren’s new corporate perjury plan is in keeping with her broader goal of holding
Big Oil accountable for the consequences of their actions. At the first-ever
Presidential Forum on Environmental Justice last week, she explained how she feels
about corporate executives who pollute. By pollution she means CO2. (Editor’s note:
Grist was one of the forum’s media sponsors.) “If they do harm to people, they need
o be held responsible,” she said. “You shouldn’t be able to walk away from the
injuries you create.” That apparently goes for the lies fossil fuel companies tell, as
well.

But isn’t CO2 plant food?

I know, I know.

Silly me.

“Shut up and pay your taxes.”

Old
  (#2)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2019, 05:29 AM

Warren and Sanders are commies. No mystery that Communists want to
destroy this great nation.

How is this for a response?

Indict, convict and dispatch with prejudice these communists for sedition
and treason.

If France can guillotine 17,000 of its aristocracy during their revolution, we
can do the same to all involved in the coup against Trump, which right now
includes many dim commies.

I wonder if 17,000 heads would be enough.

I did say, convict.

Old
  (#3)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

12-11-2019, 06:13 AM

Warren should be in jail on lies & fraud, but she had a "D", by her party affailation, so she is excerpt from many laws.

Old
  (#4)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2019, 07:16 AM

LOL.
Warren should be more concerned about pass legislation curtailing elected officials from misleading the public.

It should come with the death penalty attached to it for them and any staff and support groups that engage in deceitful activities.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#5)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-11-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
LOL.
Warren should be more concerned about pass legislation curtailing elected officials from misleading the public.

It should come with the death penalty attached to it for them and any staff and support groups that engage in deceitful activities.
You mean like telling idiots who are dumb enough to believe it that they'd be paying $2,500 less per year for health insurance and that they'd be able to keep their current insurance and doctors?

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#6)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

12-11-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
You mean like telling idiots who are dumb enough to believe it that they'd be paying $2,500 less per year for health insurance and that they'd be able to keep their current insurance and doctors?
B-b-b-b-but that was actually understated. Obama didn't lie. My health insurance premium payments actually have reduced more than $2500 a year! In fact my insurance premium payments were and still are ZERO dollars now. Of course I haven't had health insurance since Obamacare was instituted.... I also haven't had out of pocket medical costs greater than the damned premiums I would have been paying if did have insurance under Obysmalcare. So.... they didn't completely lie......just depends how you apply the offered solutions. ...yep I saved about $400 a month and kept my doctor.... just not my insurance..

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 12-11-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Old
  (#7)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
silly, the $2500 reduction in health costs is only for illegal aliens...…...everyone else picks up the slack

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: