IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that much of the work in this cue is CNC, but don't the sharp points on most of them have to be done by hand? At least the pockets?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks John....been copied a bit tho

Kinda, there are 4 that have the same basic design but there are differences in all of them-mostly in the forearm. Lots of custom cues built by other cue makers are very similar, its impossible to retool and make each cue one of a kind for what Tony charges, the time it takes to do that he would have to double(or more) the price to build a one off cue this complex. Thats what Tony told me, that's not my opinion, he spends forever on the computer making a design that looks good on a cue, sometimes whats on the monitor wont look good on a cue. He builds so few cues a year and has huge overhead he has to charge what he does, if he was working from home then the cues would be less $$$. tony aint getting rich. He has a passion to build the best playing cues and never stops presuing perfection in a imperfect world.

IMO thats not important or a issue the fact there are "similar cues" whats important is tony puts 110% into his passion. The art is one thing the engineering is the big thing for Tony-he wants to build the best playing cues ever., This cue is one hell of a cue and plays better than it looks and it looks like a million dollars. :) The quality of the work is amazing. I'm just lucky that I have one, that in and of itself is huge. to be able to be part of what is a dream I had for many years-to be able to own great cues and be able to play with them. Were lucky to be on the inside looking out, instead of the outside looking in. Were very lucky/blessed people, recognizing that is what matters. :)

I think this is your best BB Steve, I hope you love it, You have a great "Pig Farm"-thats what I call a Black Boar collection, I only have 4 of them, and one plane is forsale. Someday i'm going to get another one, but not to soon. I'm content with my collection.

take care

Eric

PS great photography!!!

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that much of the work in this cue is CNC, but don't the sharp points on most of them have to be done by hand? At least the pockets?

nope, not by hand. under magnification its amazing how precise everything is

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I have to sell my Harley for that Cue and believe me I WOULD:D
I enjoy it to see ALL the time again.
Steve you make my Day
Ralf

Yakuza

Melons
Silver Member
This is one of the all time favorite cues that has been produced by Tony. Steve, you must be one heck of a lucky guy to own this monster.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Favorite Black Boar Cue!

I hope Steve doesn't mind me bumping his thread back to the front, but this cue deserves another look. I've been a cue nut for many years and I think this is my favorite cue of all time! It is just beautiful in every way.........

James

c and c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes the more and more I see this cue it just astounds me at what an artist Tony is. This cue is front page material!!!!!!!!!

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
In case there's any confusion, THIS is what a MONSTER looks like!!!

Tikkler gets all the cool stuff!!!

shadowmoss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a monster !

The one thing you don't have to worry about is a close up photo of a Blackboar.

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Boar

By far the best and nicest cue on az to this date. Because there is nothing out there to top it. Nice cue steve. Maybe a close second is your manzino second from the right. Rich aka the skunk.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
Sunny beaches! 10-15k is my guess. Can you tell us a little more about the materials in the cue?

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
Sunny beaches! 10-15k is my guess. Can you tell us a little more about the materials in the cue?

I think your guess is way low...lol You could probably at least double your guess. That cue is one of the nicest cues ever made...imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2