Table vacuum

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Setting up a new room and was wondering what vacuum you guys found did the best job vacuuming tables.

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table Vacuum

I've been using a Roomba robot vacuum for about 5 years. It gets under the rails like no other method. The suction is not strong enough to pull the cloth and the static attraction pickups the fine chalk.
Big Al

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

I've been using a Roomba robot vacuum for about 5 years. It gets under the rails like no other method. The suction is not strong enough to pull the cloth and the static attraction pickups the fine chalk.
Big Al

Thank you Al for the reply. I guess nobody else on AZ ever vacuums lol

Banks

Banned
A friend that does vacuum work hooked my place up with a small one. I haven't been in to use it myself, but the manager has and he says it works pretty well. The 1P site recently had a thread about a DYI for a good table vac.

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hand held vacs

Most people use something like a Royal hand vac. I feel the rotating brush on this type is way too aggressive - it is stiff and good for car carpeting but not for billiard cloth, IMO. Of course, hand brushing with a horse hair brush would be best. In our room, I wipe down the cloth with a damp microfiber as the robot vacuums the next table. This routine keeps the tables in clean condition and can be done in a reasonable amount of time. I should mention our tables are covered in worsted wool which tends to keep the debris on top of the cloth. Other types tend to let junk settle down to the slate making the task more complicated.

Remember, a clean hall is a happy pool hall.:grin:

Big Al

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

A friend that does vacuum work hooked my place up with a small one. I haven't been in to use it myself, but the manager has and he says it works pretty well. The 1P site recently had a thread about a DYI for a good table vac.

Thank you Banks I appreciate the info. It know its gonna be a live and learn experience, but all the advice helps.
Steve

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Most people use something like a Royal hand vac. I feel the rotating brush on this type is way too aggressive - it is stiff and good for car carpeting but not for billiard cloth, IMO. Of course, hand brushing with a horse hair brush would be best. In our room, I wipe down the cloth with a damp microfiber as the robot vacuums the next table. This routine keeps the tables in clean condition and can be done in a reasonable amount of time. I should mention our tables are covered in worsted wool which tends to keep the debris on top of the cloth. Other types tend to let junk settle down to the slate making the task more complicated.

Remember, a clean hall is a happy pool hall.:grin:

Big Al

Thanks Al, before I took over they were just doing that wipe down ordeal but nothing else. All my guys are asking for a vac also, just as you described. It's gonna be a long learning curve for me, but I'm just really trying to help out. Thanks again my friend.
Steve

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use a canister((old Kenmore) with the oblong attachment that has soft bristles. I use very light pressure. It works very well. It's all about the attachment that contacts the cloth. Make sure the hose is long enough.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

I use a canister((old Kenmore) with the oblong attachment that has soft bristles. I use very light pressure. It works very well. It's all about the attachment that contacts the cloth. Make sure the hose is long enough.

Thanks for the advice, it's great hearing what other people find effective

Steve

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use a wash cloth on simonis

Dampen and wipe. Rinse in a two chamber bucket. Fan dry. Sometimes I brush before that.
Wipe the rail cloth too.
The water stains everything it touches by the way.
Nick :)

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

Dampen and wipe. Rinse in a two chamber bucket. Fan dry. Sometimes I brush before that.
Wipe the rail cloth too.
The water stains everything it touches by the way.
Nick :)

Thats what the guys almost do now. There begging for a vacuum too lol
That's why I would love to hear all the ideas......thanks Nick
Steve

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at the small Dyson handheld that's battery powered so I wouldn't have to mess with a cord. I tried it out at a store and it seemed to work pretty good. I've just been using a shop vac with the attachment with the soft bristles, but it's sort of a pain to drag out every time.

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good idea rusty about the cordless dyson. I have always used a shop vac mini vac. Small and doesnt pull too hard. Perfect for pool tables. I would never use a vac with bristles for pool tables, it puts unnecessary wear on your felt.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just be sure, suction only, no whirring brushes as it will affect the cloth's finish.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rainbow makes the best vac for this but very expensive. Rebuilts can be found although.
The water bath filter is the key.

I use MetroVac. That little machine really sucks.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

I was looking at the small Dyson handheld that's battery powered so I wouldn't have to mess with a cord. I tried it out at a store and it seemed to work pretty good. I've just been using a shop vac with the attachment with the soft bristles, but it's sort of a pain to drag out every time.

Rusty, thanks. Let me know how that dyson works out, it's very interesting. The idea of a hand held is very appealing. Do they ones without moving brushes
I still have to call you about that case we talked about
Steve

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

Good idea rusty about the cordless dyson. I have always used a shop vac mini vac. Small and doesnt pull too hard. Perfect for pool tables. I would never use a vac with bristles for pool tables, it puts unnecessary wear on your felt.

Ty, thanks for the reply. Good advice about the no bristles
Steve

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

Thanks Rexus and Steve, I appreciate the info
Steve see you soon in bayshore I hope

Steve

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

Rainbow makes the best vac for this but very expensive. Rebuilts can be found although.
The water bath filter is the key.

I use MetroVac. That little machine really sucks.

I heard those rainbows are around $2,500. There supposed to be the best.

Im gonna checkout the metro vac lol

Steve