yearly your sbx review and swag thread

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A chaulk flatner? That’s real? I need one!! Lol

The iCue Training Cueball

A 3D-printed chalk shaver for chalk flatness maintenance.

Be jeaolous.

Freddie <~~~ has the right place for it in the garage

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who won the seniors? I know a player from Puerto Rico named Efrain was runner-up, but I cannot find who was the winner.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it was a cheap week for buying stuff

$25 cue extension
$25 custom cue holder
$50 signed Szamboti poster
$36 pack of turtle racks
lots of fancy beef jerky, ran out last time quickly so bought two combo packs this time

My son bought a lower end Mezz black/tulipwood cue and a WX900 shaft, along with an order for their carbon shaft.

I have a C player friend that spent 2,000 on a Jacoby cue and a cue blank.

Tried out the Liquid Weight cues, they hit nice. Not just a gimmick, they had a very nice hit feel, and came in 3/8 x 10 pins so likely shafts players already own can be used with it. If someone was in the market for a first cue or for a newer player, I would recommend that to someone to try out.

Did not like the layout much, the mini tournaments started late and had a pretty high entry fee for a "mini" so I did not get into any of those, pro event was there but $10 a session was not worth it for us.

Went once to Drexline and once to Markley pool halls, nothing really special.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who won the seniors? I know a player from Puerto Rico named Efrain was runner-up, but I cannot find who was the winner.

I ran into that name, Efrain Morales LOL, I thought it was a fake name since Morales was Efren's fake name in the US at first. Seems quite a few unknown players pop in from outside the US to these types of events un-ranked, and then win a bunch of things.

Had some players at the BCA nationals that got starter Fargo ratings hundreds of points too low.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Be jeaolous.

Those were chalk shavers? I thought they were just holders. Interesting product, should have looked at them a bit closer.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Totally agree... It's Beautiful.

Thanks, guys. Took it out for the first time and hit balls with it yesterday and I'm really happy with it. The two requests I had for the cue were a stainless steel joint (its a radial pin with the sleeve) and the pearl butt cap - which I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on. Just wanted something unique and Paul delivered.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Thanks, guys. Took it out for the first time and hit balls with it yesterday and I'm really happy with it. The two requests I had for the cue were a stainless steel joint (its a radial pin with the sleeve) and the pearl butt cap - which I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on. Just wanted something unique and Paul delivered.

I will add 2 thumbs up for your beautiful pfd. :eek:k:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

Be jeaolous.

Freddie;

Please help me understand what the actual purpose is of the chalk shaver. :confused:

I'm guessing it's for recycling old beat down chalk but if that's it I'm still not understanding how. Maybe just re-squaring the cubes?

I want to be jealous, please help. :D

confused in connecticut

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Koop, did I run into you this year? Seems everything was a blur. Didn't have one decent meal in my four days there.

Lyn

Hey Lyn, not this year. I did see you but you were busy chatting and when I came back around you were gone. I'll make sure to butt in and say hi next time :thumbup:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7 Practice tables is crap.
No carpet in the practice area crap.

The hard core players deserve a little credit for coming. Maybe add a few 9 footers for them. Myself I spent over $160 on quarters.

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had intended to pick up a new JB case to replace my current one, but ended up buying a Thump3r J/B instead. It breaks better than my BK Rush and can jump full cue - once I tried it my current case didn't seem so bad!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I went for 4 hours on Thursday. Was handed $600 from a cuemaker because I had given him a blank to build for me and cancelled Midway through due to money issues on my end. When I cancelled I just told him to keep the wood for his troubles. He sold the cue about 30 minutes before I got there and decided that he did well on it so paid me for the blank and a little profit. Unreal and unexpected, guy already had my respect 💯 but now I have even more for him.

Ended up spending 400 of it on the Meucci CF shaft. Got the 12.25mm version, radial pin and 30". Haven't shot with it yet.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went for 4 hours on Thursday. Was handed $600 from a cuemaker because I had given him a blank to build for me and cancelled Midway through due to money issues on my end. When I cancelled I just told him to keep the wood for his troubles. He sold the cue about 30 minutes before I got there and decided that he did well on it so paid me for the blank and a little profit. Unreal and unexpected, guy already had my respect 💯 but now I have even more for him.

Ended up spending 400 of it on the Meucci CF shaft. Got the 12.25mm version, radial pin and 30". Haven't shot with it yet.

What a great thing to do. Who was it? Guy like that deserves the recognition.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Got the same check and $50 bill from Allen before I left Saturday night. Didn't want to return Sunday so I asked Allen to mail my Seniors check. Great job cashing. Tough, tough field paying only 6% of those players entered. I'll be back next April. How about you?

Lyn

Yes sir. Already checked the dates. It was great finally meeting you after threatening to do it so many years prior but never having a chance to.

Congrats on your showings as well!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freddie;

Please help me understand what the actual purpose is of the chalk shaver. :confused:

I'm guessing it's for recycling old beat down chalk but if that's it I'm still not understanding how. Maybe just re-squaring the cubes?

confused in connecticut

It shaves the chalk flatish, keeping the dimple at a minimum as you go. Almost like always starting with a new surface every time you shoot.

I think that’s the spiel I was using to help the guy out. He looked awfully lonely.

Freddie <~~~ making $hit up as I go

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I saw this at Super Billiards Expo. They had a booth and had Tony Robles demonstrating. When the hole is too deep, it's harder to chalk and you use this as an alternative to sanding them down on the sidewalk. Then again, folks could learn to chalk properly instead of drilling. :)

Freddie;

confused in connecticut