John Barton us open ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Bait? He stole my **CAR**, drove it to Vegas, then lost it in a pool game. THEN, he CALLED ME and asked for air fare home!!!

So i sent it. Cause he's a nice guy... most of the time. Plus he's my friend and what are friends for. I ended up with a new car. Cost me 25K, but hey... want a little, pay a little. C'est la vie.

Sounds like you may have been the nicer guy. Had a brother-in-law that I kept turning my cheek for, after a (long) while I had to cut him loose or go down with him.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Sounds like you may have been the nicer guy. Had a brother-in-law that I kept turning my cheek for, after a (long) while I had to cut him loose or go down with him.

I've known people like that. Makes it wore when they're family.

But to set the record straight, I was kidding about Steve. Besides being a good friend of mine, he's one of the more upstanding, honest people I know. And Z-nole was kidding as well. We're all from the same room.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I've known people like that. Makes it wore when they're family.

But to set the record straight, I was kidding about Steve. Besides being a good friend of mine, he's one of the more upstanding, honest people I know. And Z-nole was kidding as well. We're all from the same room.

Record straightened. Good to know.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm too exhausted to read the entire thread....
Can someone give me a Cliff's notes version?

Is JB really banned from US Open or was this rumor?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

Yes he was banned from open and apa this week. They had no choice until proven innocent. Once court happens I'm sure all bans will be lifted. This is John only, not his company.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he was banned from open and apa this week. They had no choice until proven innocent. Once court happens I'm sure all bans will be lifted. This is John only, not his company.

Just curious on the "had no choice" part?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just curious on the "had no choice" part?

They absolutely had a choice. No business is required to ban someone based on an unproven accusation.

But I am not holding them liable in any way. One person will pay for this and with any luck it will cost him far more than he wanted to bogus bet.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Counterfeit or Knockoff.

The Fender Stratocaster has been an iconic guitar for over 50 years. There have been many guitar makers that have made their own version of the strat design. Most recently, has been PRS (Paul Reed Smith). The most noticeable difference is the design of the headstock, but show any layperson the body and they'd think they were the same guitars. John Mayer who in his early years played a Fender, made the switch some time ago over to PRS, and actually had a signature series created for him.

So look at the images below of the Fender (top) and PRS (bottom), and tell me is the PRS a counterfeit or a knockoff.

wf9p0qIwI.png

dyH9XZ6i8.png

The prs it's a knockoff. Now it might be a good knockoff. Sometimes a style will be so good, so comfortable or useful that it will become the standard.

It would only be a counterfeit if it had the fender logo on it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I thnk John's focus isn't on the use of his "look". He may not be happy about it but he prabably figured it would happen at some point. I think what John is saying is he thinks it illegal (underhanded at minimum) to advertise such product as having a retail price eqaul to what his cases sell for THEN claiming them to be "on sale" when in fact the price those look alike cases are selling for is their actual normal price and never regularly sold for the retail price they advertised.

I think he thinks it makes it look like their product is on parallel to his and that they're giving the customer a "deal". I think believes their product is substandard and never did or could have retailed for what they claim.

This is exactly the point. A fake retail price and lies about the quality of the knockoff are exactly what the issue is.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I wouldn't be at all shocked to find out that John is somehow involved in both case companies, and is creating an alternative brand to compete against himself. Tissot and Omega come to mind. Made by the same company, catering to two very different markets.

Lol, unlike you I am honest.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Hey Kid,

How are you doing?

John and Karen posted a picture of their booth at the APA event. Hope it was for real!

Lyn

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Doesn't that mean dead money players can make up accusations against elite players to get them banned so that dead money can win the US Open ?
That is if they have a lot of free time on their hands

UnequaledCoordinatedBison-size_restricted.gif

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought an Acme case and I'm very happy with it. I needed another case like I need a hole in the head, but I have always liked Barton's Red/Black combo simple case, I think in nylon material. However, he and I have had a lot of back and forth over the years on here, I did not want to give Barton any of my money. I also didn't want to spend 200 and change. When I went to the DCC 2 years ago and saw the Acme case, I chuckled inside, that they knocked off Barton. So I went to check them out at the booth, and I thought they were great! The price was also right for me at 100 and change for a simple 2x4. I bought it on the way out from the DCC, transferred all of my cues into it on the spot, and walked to my car to drive back to Atlanta laughing out loud at the whole situation.

YMMV:)

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is exactly the point. A fake retail price and lies about the quality of the knockoff are exactly what the issue is.
That may be however , its something you see everyday, car companies do it all the time , or soft drinks , we did a blind fold test and Coke won , its a very slippery slope to prove many try very few win

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I accuse every player at the US Open except me of hitting me.I guess when they are proved innocent they can play again.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is the retail price fake? All my life, I've seen things advertised "retail" for 200, and yet the "street price" was 100 or 150. This is true for almost every product under the sun. If that is your beef, then you'd have to fight all of retail all over the world. Everyone knows MSRP means nothing.

In your FB video you state if he sold the cases he "retails" at 200 for a street price of 150 (instead of his current street price of 100), you'd have no beef. I call BS. Something else is going on. You are probably pissed off he knocked you off, or, something else happened between the two of you. If this is truly over a $50 difference of street price on a 200 "retail" case, well that is nuts.

Since this is all public now, I'm curious what was the extent of the altercation between you two. You say you did not touch him. What does he say? What does the police report say? He must have been mighty pissed to file a police report, AND also seek out two separate venue promoters and convince the promoters to kick you out. Hell, I've never even heard of such a thing, where a guy can call up a venue promoter and get a competitor kicked out. There must be WAY WAY WAY more to this story than you are letting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.