Chrome balls

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suspect they have significantly different rolling friction and will, thus, change the speed of the table.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I suspect they have significantly different rolling friction and will, thus, change the speed of the table.
I assume they are just plastic balls with a chrome coating and so weigh about the same. I think the rolling friction will not change for them. It isn't much different between dirty and waxed balls.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please allow me to rephrase my earlier post.

I have two old slightly rusted ones, but I doubt they have much value. In fact, my Dear Child Bride has told me they have no value at all.

krupp

Registered
Yes those are them. I know Pierre and he tried to get me to invest in the company after the kickstarter failed. I am unaware of them ever going into production.

Attachments

• 89673572-2C3B-43F4-8DE7-DD9E72FDFAC8.jpeg
    89673572-2C3B-43F4-8DE7-DD9E72FDFAC8.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 299

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes those are them. I know Pierre and he tried to get me to invest in the company after the kickstarter failed. I am unaware of them ever going into production.

That looks like a box of Christmas Ornaments:eek:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The kick-starter failed??? Really??? How could such a great idea not be hit with all pool players?? I thought the AramithBlack's were lame but these take the cake.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

Merry Christmas to you, Kruppe of Darujhistan.

I can’t say I dig those chrome balls. I would enjoy solid chrome maybe, no stripes or numbers, but just for a gaff.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am seriously baffled why these chrome balls or the new Aramith Blacks could possibly fail...…..

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Possibilities

Now that's some funny s^*t right there!!

My first thoughts about this set involved a fool and his money. Then I had second thoughts. About seventy-five dollars for a solid steel two and a quarter inch ball. It would be great fun to have the other player hit this ball, especially a full power shot like a break shot. A rough guess this ball would weigh about a dozen times as much as the weight of a normal cue ball! Could be dangerous if a shaft shattered so probably best to stay well back and pick someone you don't like a whole lot to try this switch on.

Hu

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
My first thoughts about this set involved a fool and his money. Then I had second thoughts. About seventy-five dollars for a solid steel two and a quarter inch ball. It would be great fun to have the other player hit this ball, especially a full power shot like a break shot. A rough guess this ball would weigh about a dozen times as much as the weight of a normal cue ball! Could be dangerous if a shaft shattered so probably best to stay well back and pick someone you don't like a whole lot to try this switch on.

Hu

I have (2) 2” SS bearings, I got them because I don’t like the ringing baoding balls - they rock the forearms. I’ve thought about shooting with them but I always let it drop before : ) maybe I’ll try a light shot.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep getting this vision of a miniature horizontal catapult. Pull back the arm, hook the sear, place a chrome cue ball in the pouch, rack the balls, stand WAY back, and yank the lanyard.

"Look Mom......."