Warning for doing business with Tony Zinzola

Bobbie

BoGa
My story is (in a nutshell) -> in June 2010 a ordered a Tony Zinzola cue and I have paid my deposit. The cue had to be delivered at the Billiard expo 2011. The cue was not ready and I was patient. After 6 months of delay a wan't to have a picture of the process. I did not get a picture and I decided that I want to have my deposit back (December 2011). On this moment I'am waiting for 17 months (April 2013) to have my deposit back (I'am a little pissed off). Of course I have attempted to get a gentleman solution with a lot of communication. Tony Zinzola never keep his promise. I have a lot of e-mail with lies.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
not the first time and wont be the last....the only way it will stop is if people stop ordering cues from him..

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Said it before, deposits are the devil....not a good idea for a buyer in almost every circumstance on a new build.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
That guy had a blooming business & so much momentum. Everyone was talking about his cues and throwing his name in with the legends of cuemaking...and then it all came to a screeching....grinding.....halt. I hope he gets everything worked out (whatever that may be).

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was just a matter of time...sad really that so many cue makers aren't following through.

2andOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Said it before, deposits are the devil....not a good idea for a buyer in almost every circumstance on a new build.

not saying I agree or disagree, but from a cuemakers standpoint, why shouldn't they get something up front to be sure buyer is serious. "yes, I want a $4000 cue with lots of bling, etc.. etc.. " and then builder makes it and is out all money when buyer says he no longer wants/can afford cue.

Doesn't Laurie Franklin require deposit to go on the list ?

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You take peoples money in order for you to run your house hold, cue supplies, etc.

Then, when he gets behind, he tells people that his Family and Daughters are more important than building cues.

In which they should be.

Then quit taking peoples deposits and promising cues.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm inclined to disagree Sean. I deal with established cuemakers that understand how to run a business and have never had a problem. I expect to give a deposit on any custom cue build and it's never been an issue. Perhaps I have been lucky but I do chose cuemakers that have all been successful for over 25 years so maybe that's why. I do hope that the OP gets his deposit returned if indeed the claims are true. Be careful who you do business with!

Last edited:

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't Laurie Franklin require deposit to go on the list ?

For the wait list, no. I think when you finally get your cue built, they do. But even if they didn't, they could sell their cues if the buyer backed out. Most cue makers today need that deposit to keep the shop open, but they need to follow thru.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not even in the same ball park as most of these builders , not saying I have not taken a deposite , but I don't like deposites , I want a pay day when the cue is done . If I get a deposite , I feel like I'm giving the cue away to cheep , but then I realize I already got paid . Jim

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Sometimes the burn can even be unintentional. I've had a cuemaker pass away that I've given a deposit to. I've had one or two others stiff me outright.

I now refuse to do a deposit.

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
I would get references...

Does everyone here know how frustrating it is to wait 1 year or more, let alone 3...for something you've paid some money for...

I could never take over a year wait for a cue...I waited around a year for a couple Carmeli's ...had Real good communication from Ariel, and still almost lost my mind during the build. He sent me pics, progress reports, and returned most phone calls...still...I could never do it again.

3 years?????????????????????????

Just refund the money...??? Tony should refund the deposit, and give the buyer first right to buy the cue WHEN IT'S COMPLETED.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I know the feeling...the frustration....been there with Tony...I'm just glad I came out unscathed! But I had alot of help from a friend!