Meucci ball set for sale.... very rare.

2oldklings

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meucci made two limited run boxed ball sets. I know of the location of one set each type. The owner needs money for car breakdown, told her I would help sell 'em so make offer.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Meucci made two limited run boxed ball sets. I know of the location of one set each type. The owner needs money for car breakdown, told her I would help sell 'em so make offer.

How much is she asking? I may be intersted in a set.

Jim

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
meucci balls

i have a set of these. there were 2 sets. one was a pro cup set i think and the other set was lower and i cant remember the name of them. i think the original price was 129 for the pro cup set. the standard set was 99.

the ball were pretty sweet looking with black background with white numbers. the cue ball had a red thin stripe on it with the meucci m logo in it. the balls played pretty good but after only maybe a day or 2 my 3 ball got a big gauge in it... my centenials and aramiths never ever had any damage to them. i put them away after i noticed the scratch.

the box was impressive black and red border the sides had pictures of all the meucci sponsored players. i think these were out in maybe 1998 or 99.

i just looked through 20 pages of meucci images on google and saw no pics of these.

i have them in storage and cant get a pic.. hope that helps anyone out there..

pat

barefoot3zk5

THE Kings, Alive and Well
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If it's for sale , PUT A PRICE ON IT..... Otherwise , there are places that have auctions.
I hate a cat and mouse deal like this.
Jus my opinion. Howard

2oldklings

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
offers

I was offered $250/set so she will probably take that unless more is offered. sorry if I offended someone by asking for offers... that is how the owner asked me to do it that way so blame her not me.... I am trying to help someone with no computer. I make offers on things all the time.... if you are too poor to make offers then just don't..... live and let live bro.

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is not a matter of being poor. It is a matter of courtesy,
This is not Fleabay & it doesn't have to be hard or a bunch of PM's back and forth.
If you want to sell something put a picture & a price on it.
I was offered $250/set so she will probably take that unless more is offered. sorry if I offended someone by asking for offers... that is how the owner asked me to do it that way so blame her not me.... I am trying to help someone with no computer. I make offers on things all the time.... if you are too poor to make offers then just don't..... live and let live bro.

stomper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
enough of grumpy already

I see this every day somtimes post after post and it gets a little old. Just because someone does not have a camera or price. People like grumpy thinks it there place to rip people a new one. Most are trying to hurry a new member into a cheap price so they can steal whatever they are selling, as well how many people do you think are going to want to post something we all might want if they have absolutly no idea what its worth. And all that does is just make the whole forum miss out on items people wont post because of all the flack they catch. And the last time i checked grumpy any wanted or for sale listing i have ever seen either in paper or the internet have always had ads that state make me an offer. Just my .02

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I see this every day somtimes post after post and it gets a little old. Just because someone does not have a camera or price. People like grumpy thinks it there place to rip people a new one. Most are trying to hurry a new member into a cheap price so they can steal whatever they are selling, as well how many people do you think are going to want to post something we all might want if they have absolutly no idea what its worth. And all that does is just make the whole forum miss out on items people wont post because of all the flack they catch. And the last time i checked grumpy any wanted or for sale listing i have ever seen either in paper or the internet have always had ads that state make me an offer. Just my .02

I don't think that was Grump's intentions at all. If a person isn't educated on what they are selling in this day and age, they frankly don't need to be in the sales forum. You can get comparative values from many sources on the internet and from books that should give you guidance as to pricing.

I think you might be mistaken in the fact that we are sharks waiting for some innocent soul to appear so we can fleece the unsuspecting. I think it's just the opposite, new people want to see what kind of feedback they get before commiting to a price because they aren't educated enough to know where their pricing should be. They can always ask lots of questions in several other forums without having to play the cat and mouse game on the Wanted/For Sale forum. This isn't Ebay or an auction line. We also have plenty of folks on this forum who feel they are like the "forum hallway monitors", who delight in educating these newbies for free.

My feeling is that I want to know that if I offer the asking price first, I would like to believe the cue or case is mine. When you make these "make me an offer" people what you know is a good offer, I believe they simply use that as a price to set their base on, then they put you off until they see if someone will beat your offer, many times telling the new offeror what the current bid to beat is.

I don't ever make an offer on anything until I know what the asking price is unless I'm at an auction, and then that's the format I expect to deal with.

Steve

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0

I am with Grumpy 100% on this one. Trying to sell something without pictures and description is foolish. Only thing more foolish, IMO, is buying something without seeing pictures, etc. What one person says is "great condition, etc" may be very poor, to someone else.

As for being too poor to make an offer, if that were the case, the items would not have been listed on here. The seller knows this is the best place to move the items, but the people on here are very knowledgable.

IMHO, if indeed the seller had offers of $250 per set, this listing should have been posted as "SOLD!!" long ago.

Joe

stomper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have to disagree

Hunter there are so many items in the billiard industry which there are hardly any reference to either online or in any other place. Foe example some cues which are very old or any cue the may have been refinshed and lost its original logo or buttcap ,etc. And we all know how little help the bluebooks can be i have all three and seems like sometimes more then 70% of the time what im looking for isnt in any of them.

Now let me say i dont believe in playing cat and mouse game either. However like i stated above alot of cues and billiard related items it is very hard to find any info. So we can either entertain these approahces or keep being buttheads to everyone who post this way and eventually push new members away.

So lets try this since any wanted/forsale section that you will find anywhere else in the world observes this type of ad,lets understand that many people will post in this method. If you dont like their ad move on! Seems pretty easy to me.

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I understand where you're coming from Stomper, but that's why we have different forums where people can get that help prior to going to the sales section. The Main Forum, Cue Gallery, Ask the Cuemaker are all places they could go to find answers. If they start in the Wanted/FS section, they will probably get some bashing from those of us who have played "What's My Price" game previously mentioned.

I don't want any hard feelings either with the new folks, which is why I believe they should get their information before posting something for sale. It all sounds pretty innocuous, and I don't agree with the forum Nazis who make "putting people in their place" their personal goal in life. Wouldn't you hate to go to a grocery store, though, and have to stand in the checkout line forever, because the store thought they should get bids on the stuff on their shelves? There is a proper time and place for everything, and I just don't think this kind of forum is an auction.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one :smile:!

Steve

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Says the guy with ZERO itrader

Seriously though. How often do you go to a store and ask how much something is and are told to make an offer or see an item marked as 'make offer'. Not often.

If a new user posts something like this without price or picture getting scolded shouldnt come as any surprise.

2oldklings

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
criticism toward the charitable......

as stated in my second post on this thread, the owner wished to ask for offers which should have ended the criticism of how I posted these. it was not my choice. I am trying to help someone. she was offered $250/set but the man who offered left her high and dry. she and I had agreed before the offer that the pair of boxed sets were worth $500. any critics out there want to get some rare items and help a diabetic woman with emphysema buy car tires? if not then at least let people know about these who might be interested. I would buy them but I already have a set and I only collect antique billiard items. thanks for your fair consideration.